Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Remote ID Update Regarding Autel Drones: Any Forthcoming?

I found this thread, but it hasn't been active in a while. Given the very near initial deadline and the upcoming extended December deadline for remote ID, I wanted to see if anyone has heard from Autel regarding the Evo series drones.

Just putting this out there for the good of the community in hopes there is additional information I couldn't locate online.
I just ordered a Dronetag Mini Remote ID attachment. Dronetag makes two versions, the Beacon and the Mini. The Beacon runs about $200 and the Mini runs $300. They can be attached to non RUD compliant drones. From what I read, all new Auteo Lite drone are RID ready and most of the new models coming out.

Reactions: gschulzuio
Have a EVO 2 V3 actually have 25. when I sent them up for pilots some of the aircraft are asking for pilot number and under general setting says "RID active" and some don't ask or have that active note. Did 2 today and one asked and one did not. any thoughts

Have a EVO 2 V3 actually have 25. when I sent them up for pilots some of the aircraft are asking for pilot number and under general setting says "RID active" and some don't ask or have that active note. Did 2 today and one asked and one did not. any thoughts
Just make sure the SW is up to date with the latest version for each one.

Where did you get this information? My reading of the FAA "RemoteID Final Rule" state that the broadcast module (dongle) will broadcast the take-off location coordinates. The controller location is not being broadcast. And I find nothing about the phone or tablet broadcasting that information.
This is my understanding as well, that only in Europe you have to broadcast your location the FAA does not have this requirement as of yet. There is an RID module out there but they are backordered as of now (Dronetag). When did the enforcement after December come about, I had heard there was no intention of extension past the September 16 deadline?

This is my understanding as well, that only in Europe you have to broadcast your location the FAA does not have this requirement as of yet. There is an RID module out there but they are backordered as of now (Dronetag). When did the enforcement after December come about, I had heard there was no intention of extension past the September 16 deadline?
Was at the FAA Symposium this month and the FAA is aware of the backlog. They also had hoped the price would have been $49.?. Really? Let's lower the price on something everyone has to buy.

Anyway, they eluded that they would hold on enforcement if you could show an "attempt" at compliance. I am saving all emails from our supplier showing the item is backordered. I started trying to order back in March.

Was at the FAA Symposium this month and the FAA is aware of the backlog. They also had hoped the price would have been $49.?. Really? Let's lower the price on something everyone has to buy.

Anyway, they eluded that they would hold on enforcement if you could show an "attempt" at compliance. I am saving all emails from our supplier showing the item is backordered. I started trying to order back in March.
Thanks for the clarification. Yeah I'm sure they "thought" it would be cheaper as they were going to the stock market... We ordered our RID back in July when the supplier let us know they were already on backorder to just about the deadline date. Sounds like they won't meet their predicted backorder time if they haven't gotten yours from an order in March. Is there a written notice that says they won't enforce it if you attempted to comply? I'd like to print out a hard copy to remind them of this if the question arises.

Some Autel products are RID ready and some aren't. If you have a non-compliant unit, buy a Dronetag and register it under your non-compliant aircraft.

Some Autel products are RID ready and some aren't. If you have a non-compliant unit, buy a Dronetag and register it under your non-compliant aircraft.
You just have to register the Dronetag, I've been told you can hop it around to different aircraft. Just FYI.

You just have to register the Dronetag, I've been told you can hop it around to different aircraft. Just FYI.
Yes, you register the Dronetag, but in is registered under the aircrafts you want to be compliant. You go to the drone registration and check the aux. RID box and then the Dronetag ID#..

I found this thread, but it hasn't been active in a while. Given the very near initial deadline and the upcoming extended December deadline for remote ID, I wanted to see if anyone has heard from Autel regarding the Evo series drones.

Just putting this out there for the good of the community in hopes there is additional information I couldn't locate online.
I had a conversation with one of the customer service people at Autel and I was told that the V2 series and earlier will NOT be made compliant by Autel. I suspect that the September deadline will be postponed by the FAA due to a lack of enough RID module availability.

In any case, modules will be available at a reasonable price... Eventually.

Yes, it's been well established for a long time that the v1 and v2 drones are not being updated for RID. And that's not going to change.

Reactions: TravisPNW
AUGUST 21, 2023
Do any USA based members of this group have updated info concerning the USA FAA Remote ID looming compliance date
(Now less than 30 days) and the Autel EVO II Pro RTK V3 compliant capabilities?

AUGUST 21, 2023
Do any USA based members of this group have updated info concerning the USA FAA Remote ID looming compliance date
For US the operator compliance date is September 16, 2023. AFAIK and recall, the EVO II v3 have standard RID built-in.

Fwiw, for those who need add on module, they tend to be back ordered so get your order in so you are on the list. After looking into dronetag, I got drone beacon db120 which is self-contained about $161 USD with tax and shipping, easily attaches to EVO II.

AUGUST 21, 2023
It's hard to tell; is your serial number between this range:

Serial #: 1748CHL7822390001 - 1748CHN2925529999

I had a conversation with one of the customer service people at Autel and I was told that the V2 series and earlier will NOT be made compliant by Autel. I suspect that the September deadline will be postponed by the FAA due to a lack of enough RID module availability.

In any case, modules will be available at a reasonable price... Eventually.
I wrote to Autel last December and got a response Jan. 3rd...
"Hello ,
The V2 does not have remote ID. We are working on manufacturing a module to add on to bring that drone into compliance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
If you have any further questions, feel free to reply directly to this email and I'd be happy to assist.
Best Regards,"

I wonder why they wont update firmware? Maybe the chips just aren't in the drone so it can't be done?

I wrote to Autel last December and got a response Jan. 3rd...
"Hello ,
The V2 does not have remote ID. We are working on manufacturing a module to add on to bring that drone into compliance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
If you have any further questions, feel free to reply directly to this email and I'd be happy to assist.
Best Regards,"

I wonder why they wont update firmware? Maybe the chips just aren't in the drone so it can't be done?
Don't hold your breath. When they become available get a DroneTag.

Yes, it's been well established for a long time that the v1 and v2 drones are not being updated for RID. And that's not going to change.

I've read that the v3 is and started the DOC process with the FAA last night... currently "pending approval." I am wondering though... what does the v3 have that the v1 and v2 don't have regarding the RID? Is it something as simple as a firmware update or does the v3 have some special RID hardware inside?

Just curious. I sold my v1 a while back and upgraded to the v3 a few months ago.

It's hard to tell; is your serial number between this range:

Serial #: 1748CHL7822390001 - 1748CHN2925529999
No, it’s a higher serial number than the second one you listed.
Mine is 1748CHN79********
Vs 1748CHN29********

Now I"m confused. Mine is 1748CHL7922xxxxxx. Am I good? As said... started the process last night.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy