Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

REALITY CAPTURE 1.2 THREAD

40 acre, 250' AGL, 11MPH, 75/70 overlap 341 nadir photos, At this height I could only tag 8 points on control, but look at the camera error.

Iam getting a link for files, so who ever want to process

Attachments

• EVORTK40.jpg
    EVORTK40.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 39S.jpg
    39S.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
I know the thread has went off course, but will process in reality capture also

Last edited:
DD Report, OK, this is more like it, we got some numbers. 40 acres 341 photos, 253'AGL

I'm starting to believe the drone is this good!

Attachments

• EVO40ORTHO.jpg
    EVO40ORTHO.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • EVO40REPORT1.jpg
    EVO40REPORT1.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 10
  • EVO40REPORT2.jpg
    EVO40REPORT2.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 10
40 acre, 250' AGL, 11MPH, 75/70 overlap 341 nadir photos, At this height I could only tag 8 points on control, but look at the camera error.

Iam getting a link for files, so who ever want to process
5cm total reported error on the checkpoints are fine. Can you toggle on the error tab to see the totals for x/y and z on the CPs.

5cm total reported error on the checkpoints are fine. Can you toggle on the error tab to see the totals for x/y and z on the CPs.
I did not load CPs, it cost me $50 each time I do so... DD is in feet it's 0.05ft. $50 dollar charge each time you use CPs or GCPs

On the camera error, BOTH MS and DD came out to about 0.5 inches (1/2")
The file is posted above with one point if anyone would like to process in PIX or again in MS

starting not to like Reality Capture, this is like the 3rd time its told me this... attached... My GPU 2080 Super RTX

Attachments

• RCGPU.jpg
    RCGPU.jpg
    856.8 KB · Views: 7
when I click on the error tab it doesn't do anything?
It should display individual metrics for x y z

starting not to like Reality Capture, this is like the 3rd time its told me this... attached... My GPU 2080 Super RTX
I think that is similar to the problems I was having on an RTX2070, but I'm not sure. And I do projects up to 100 acres so when it chokes on a 40 ac parcel, that's not good.

Oh... is was $2.85 to export any data from this mission anytime I want
That looks Great! Very nice!
Looks extremely sweet for auto... Roof Tiles came out super! There’s a couple of trash cans melts, street sign and partial light pole. But those are near impossible to get even when aligning points & cleaning up. Very Nice!

I’ve played with RC for sometime (no expert)… and the benefit of the PPI Credit is that once you pay it on the image… that image is paid and no cost going forward used in any other project. It’s a 1 time credit pay per image, no repeats.

So you can regenerate, experiment, align & toss image points, regenerate and export as often as you desire for the original credit cost. If you add-in an additional circle of lower images and combine for new export you only pay for the additional images (unless those images were used in a different project).

The prices have dropped substantially for full product or PPI credits. The previous prices, the PPI Credits we’re about 2X-3X cost and the Full Product was very expensive… Metashape looked low cost in comparison.
The original company was Capturing Reality, with product Reality Capture. It was aquired by Epic Games, a huge Slovakian Gaming Company. To my understanding, they desired the engines within RC and they had been using the superior modeling of RC for games.

Several previously purchased 40-60,000 Credit Points (PPI) in old system that received a bump during the conversion to Epic and they offered a sweet price to purchase additional PPI credits when moving over to Epic Account. With the PPI prices, and having 100% full access to program, I personally don’t see a reason to purchase the full package and subscription to maintenance.

Their primary focus was highly accurate 3D Models, and Gaming Models. If you look at the bulk of their sample / test data it’s modeling. They have expanded their focus to mapping & drones recently and have been making nice improvements.

If a Mac User: Another plus for newer RC version… it’s very compatible with MacOS 12 Monterey running Parallels Pro 17 and MS Windows Por 10/11. Parallels has greatly improved it’s use of GPU Cards on the Mac Hardware within Windows, previously it was normally a moderate VM GPU generic card. The new M1 ARM architecture has produced an extremely robust Parallels running the Windows 11 ARM OS (currently obtainable in MS Development) and runs it very near to native on the M1 ARM architecture utilizing/sharing the 10 CPU Cores and 32 GPU Cores. In addition, if on a older Mac Pro with high end GPU (exp: AMD Vega 64) it’ll recognize the GPU.

Reactions: jmason702
I will process in Pix4D, but it won't be until later tonight. I have to process 4 maps for work.

That is a RC difference to MS… they have a few videos on the clipping box and other components. That is one of the ‘auto‘ problems with RC. I think as they get more into Drone Users and not Game Programmers they’re modifying the process and the poorly guided error messages.

The clipping box is for the display, not the calculation or project… RC presents the points differently than MS on screen and basically needs to be reduced for GPU Max points.

You still process the whole project but differently.

Clipping Box:

This video is pretty good… more Game Modeling but with over 1400 images.

That is a RC difference to MS… they have a few videos on the clipping box and other components. That is one of the ‘auto‘ problems with RC. I think as they get more into Drone Users and not Game Programmers they’re modifying the process and the poorly guided error messages.

The clipping box is for the display, not the calculation or project… RC presents the points differently than MS on screen and basically needs to be reduced for GPU Max points.

You still process the whole project but differently.

Clipping Box:

This video is pretty good… more Game Modeling but with over 1400 images.
Thank you

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacqueslambert