Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

REALITY CAPTURE 1.2 THREAD

Process in WGS 84, Export in EPSG 6521

will it correct elevations, not sure.... if not I have a backup plan for that

I know there was a couple of times my video connection stuttered, but should not have caused that to happen

This is what it looks like on DD, I will have to look at MS later

Attachments

• dd.jpg
    dd.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
I'll be back to help out maybe tomorrow. My computer is straining processing a 3800 image map that I promised someone.

I have some questions on how you are going to transform into NAD83(2011) in the future, especially the NAVD88 elevations since that seems what you were doing before with GCPs.

I am really thinking about getting the Evo 2 Enterprise, as I like the images, battery life and pretty much all in one package from OEM.

Also with Reality Capture I think the display issues are due to just displaying. I got them all the time also when processing large datasets. On their online manual it explains it better.
I was reading somewhere about RC, it said to upload a certain amount then align, then upload more, align and merge the data sets? sound correct?

Ok finished my project processing. I am processing your data, if I don't post tonight it because I fell asleep waiting.

My take-away is that the evo2 RTK is doing a very good job. Apparently, there is more Autel can do, namely around de-warping of the image. To me, it looks like GCPs are still best practice for precision results, but a lot fewer of them needed than for a non-RTK/PPK workflow. Check points are always a requirement.

For projects where absolute precision is not required, the RTK/PPK image set alone is excellent.

thank you ... I put a lot of time into testing... much appreciated
Hi jmason 702,
I really do appreciate all your testing!
One question about your mission "EVO 50". This is a two battery mission. What are your experiences on the mission breaks in general. I read here in the forum:
Autel Explorer Mission Battery Change Process

Is this the "workflow" with a lot of controller tapping action: upload complete mission (1st take off), download mission remainder (1st land), change to 2nd battery, upload mission remainder (2nd take off) etc. ?

Reactions: jmason702
Hi jmason 702,
I really do appreciate all your testing!
One question about your mission "EVO 50". This is a two battery mission. What are your experiences on the mission breaks in general. I read here in the forum:
Autel Explorer Mission Battery Change Process

Is this the "workflow" with a lot of controller tapping action: upload complete mission (1st take off), download mission remainder (1st land), change to 2nd battery, upload mission remainder (2nd take off) etc. ?
after landing, power down, pull the battery, insert the fresh battery, power on, hit continue mission, connect RTK, take off. VERY easy, goes right back where it left off as nothing happened

after landing, power down, pull the battery, insert the fresh battery, power on, hit continue mission, connect RTK, take off. VERY easy, goes right back where it left off as nothing happened
That sounds much easier ;-)
I thought that the cumbersome "mission remainder download and upload" between battery switches was some kind of "better safe than sorry" programming...

Reactions: jmason702
That sounds much easier ;-)
I thought that the cumbersome "mission remainder download and upload" between battery switches was some kind of "better safe than sorry" programming...
Not sure about others, but I have zero issues and it's fast. I'll be on the ground for mabey 1 minute at the most

Reactions: vr-pilot

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles