Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Prop always in frame when filming

jaroco82

Reaction score
Hi There,

Has anyone else had any issues with your props constantly being in your field of view/shots when filming? The left side prop always seems to make it's way into my videos, unless at a complete hover. I can obviously move the gimble pitch slightly to move the prop out of frame, but didn't know if anyone else was having this issue and had alternative methods/solutions/settings preferences that might help keep the prop out of frame.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Its just the way it is. Camera is off set to the left hand side and unless you tilt your camera down slightly you will get that prop in the shot. The faster you go the worse it gets.

Reactions: jaroco82
it's normal because the camera is shifted to the left!
I always drop the camera by 5 ° before each flight.
Because if you advance quickly, the drone is leaning forward, and there we see the propellers.

I have to move the camera a little bit down all the time when I start filming because the props always on the view.

Thanks for the responses all! I figured it would just be a small downward shift in the gimbal that would correct the issue. I also notice I get the best shots, when keeping forward throttle speeds to 8 mph or less.

Thanks again!

Reactions: macoman
Made a slight gimbal adjustment to 10 degrees and the prop issue is resolved!

Thanks again for everyone's advice.

Reactions: Franlac
Thanks for the responses all! I figured it would just be a small downward shift in the gimbal that would correct the issue. I also notice I get the best shots, when keeping forward throttle speeds to 8 mph or less.

Thanks again!
Do that and just use precision mode. I don’t have any issues when doing those two things.

Another suggestion I've seen is to use the ND filters to slow down your shutter speed and they will be blurred out and not noticable in your videos

Reactions: Andrew01 and Tomaso
Hi There,

Has anyone else had any issues with your props constantly being in your field of view/shots when filming? The left side prop always seems to make it's way into my videos, unless at a complete hover. I can obviously move the gimble pitch slightly to move the prop out of frame, but didn't know if anyone else was having this issue and had alternative methods/solutions/settings preferences that might help keep the prop out of frame.

Thanks in advance for the help!

It's a known issue with the EVO. Just set gimbal at -5 to -7 and the props should be out of the FOV

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d