Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Problems with new firmware update for EvoII ??

PatrickIT

Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing problems after installation of V2.4.35 particularly as it relates to the mission planning on flights? My experience is if I plan a mission using either polygon or rectangular and set the drone to "Crabwalk" the route (90degrees/perpindicular to the route so if the drone is travelling East to West, it is actually facing North) that once it reaches the end of the first leg it actually turns 180 degrees and starts back the other way. Typically, in past versions, and how it should be, the drone should always face the same direction and it shouldn't turn 180 degrees on any of the legs. Unfortunately, it seems with every update there are bugs and I've been told I can't go back to previous firmware versions so as it stands, I have $24,000 in paperweights as I'm sure you're all aware, customer service lacks the service component and it's been weeks without answers or help of any kind really. Even sent the drone in for repair as I had a gimbal issue (which they didn't fix) and at the time they told me I didn't have the right firmware which was a lie because it's the exact same version as when I sent it in. Anyway, and they sent it back and said it was good and that they tested it and obviously they didn't.

Sounds like you don't need coordinated turn as much as you need the drone to face a consistent direction. I am pretty sure you can install any previous firmware (V2.3.23 or older) and use the regular Explorer app instead of the V2 app.

There must be some logic in the coordinated turns that causes the changing of direction.. Maybe this can be resolved in the future but just stay on previous firmware if it's not working for you.

Last edited:
Sounds like you don't need coordinated turn as much as you need the drone to face a consistent direction. I am pretty sure you can install any previous firmware (V2.3.23 or older) and use the regular Explorer app instead of the V2 app.

There must be some logic in the coordinated turns that causes the changing of direction.. Maybe this can be resolved in the future but just stay on previous firmware if it's not working for you.

Thanks for the comment. I would think I'd be able to use previous firmware but was told that's not advisable. I'm sure if it were to go down they wouldn't warranty it because I wasn't using the right firmware some reason similar to that. And not sure why they even added the coordinated turns. I've asked them for years now instead of doing nonsense like that, actually put a patch in where you can control the gimbal like you can with DJI. Coordinated turns would be nice, I guess, but actually being able to control the gimbal would be better IMO.

Based on the official announcement document linked above, the Explorer V2 App and the Coordinated Turns firmware (V2.4.35) is an optional update and should not affect warranty in any way if the V2 user decides not to fun the updated Firmware in this case. You are generally correct that when a new firmware is issued and recommended it should be installed for full coverage. You can either run original Explorer App and V2.3.23 firmware OR the V2 Explorer App and V2.4.35 firmware.

I have not hear of many people running mapping missions with the drone needing to face a consistent direction, so perhaps this specifi use case was not tested in the implementation of the Coordinated Turns algorithm, so far..

Is anyone else experiencing problems after installation of V2.4.35 particularly as it relates to the mission planning on flights? My experience is if I plan a mission using either polygon or rectangular and set the drone to "Crabwalk" the route (90degrees/perpindicular to the route so if the drone is travelling East to West, it is actually facing North) that once it reaches the end of the first leg it actually turns 180 degrees and starts back the other way. Typically, in past versions, and how it should be, the drone should always face the same direction and it shouldn't turn 180 degrees on any of the legs. Unfortunately, it seems with every update there are bugs and I've been told I can't go back to previous firmware versions so as it stands, I have $24,000 in paperweights as I'm sure you're all aware, customer service lacks the service component and it's been weeks without answers or help of any kind really. Even sent the drone in for repair as I had a gimbal issue (which they didn't fix) and at the time they told me I didn't have the right firmware which was a lie because it's the exact same version as when I sent it in. Anyway, and they sent it back and said it was good and that they tested it and obviously they didn't.
I too just updated to the Explorer V2 app and updated the Firmware to 2.4.35. When I plan a mission using the waypoints and then try to upload it to the drone I get "Mission Upload Failed". I have deleted the mission and re-planned it several times, Removed the app and re-installed it, and also tried to update the firmware again. Non of this has fixed the issue. Is there a "factory reset" I can do to start this process over again?

I too just updated to the Explorer V2 app and updated the Firmware to 2.4.35. When I plan a mission using the waypoints and then try to upload it to the drone I get "Mission Upload Failed". I have deleted the mission and re-planned it several times, Removed the app and re-installed it, and also tried to update the firmware again. Non of this has fixed the issue. Is there a "factory reset" I can do to start this process over again?
Supposedly within the next two weeks they are going to be releasing a patch or another firmware update to resolve these issues. It would be nice if they would label them as beta tests because some of us use our drones for a living. Autel has cost me thousands with their issues and obviously they could care less but I know I won't be doing any more updates if they release them in the future. I think this is the last year for support anyway.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials