Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Noticed XSP slowly descending when moving forward

slvervper99

Reaction score
So I was flying the XSP yesterday second time after I got it back from Autel. I was flying low about 3-4 feet off the ground because I was maneuvering around trees and noted the I have to compensate the throttle - pushing the throttle up intermittently so I can keep my 3-4 foot height off the ground. It dips it's height almost about 18 inches off the ground when I push on the right stick (pitch) forward that I have to use the left stick to keep it's height to about 3-4 feet. I am new to flying drones since I've only started flying them last November, I believe my Yuneec Q500 4K exhibit similar behavior. Is this normal?

So I was flying the XSP yesterday second time after I got it back from Autel. I was flying low about 3-4 feet off the ground because I was maneuvering around trees and noted the I have to compensate the throttle - pushing the throttle up intermittently so I can keep my 3-4 foot height off the ground. It dips it's height almost about 18 inches off the ground when I push on the right stick (pitch) forward that I have to use the left stick to keep it's height to about 3-4 feet. I am new to flying drones since I've only started flying them last November, I believe my Yuneec Q500 4K exhibit similar behavior. Is this normal?
Do you have the latest firmware updates? What you are describing sounds like the original firmware. This video is me flying low without having to constantly adjust the height.
Low and fast.wmv

Last edited:
Do you have the latest firmware updates? What you are describing sounds like the original firmware. This video is me flying low without having to constantly adjust the height.
Low and fast.wmv
I think I do (have the latest firmware). I assume they would update the firmware if you send the bird to Autel for repairs which I did and I just received my XSP on 8/8 after repairs. I'll check it again when I get home.

I think I do (have the latest firmware). I assume they would update the firmware if you send the bird to Autel for repairs which I did and I just received my XSP on 8/8 after repairs. I'll check it again when I get home.
Someone on this forum said they do not upgrade it since it is still in the beta stage.

Reactions: Ken Argo
They will not put beta firmware on any warranty work. You have to agree to the terms to use beta so if you did not agree then you are on the older firmware.

They will not put beta firmware on any warranty work. You have to agree to the terms to use beta so if you did not agree then you are on the older firmware.
Thanks Agustine and Old Bama, will update the firmware either tonight after I get home from work or tomorrow morning.

So, you didn't have the updated firmware on it when you sent it, correct?
I didn't even know if it had the updated software because I thought any XSP sold after Oct 2016 have them, I will go to Autel website and check the updated software. and check mine also see what gives. To be honest, I am kind of confused at this time. This is the update 1.3.30 right?

I just went to Autel website and I didn't see his beta version, wonder if Autel removed it.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacqueslambert