Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Unflyable EvoLite Plus

Jax_Rican

Reaction score
Hello all:
I have an Evo Lite plus that is drifting to the left as if I was applying full left stick. It hovers fine for about 10 seconds, then acts as if it was in high winds (adjusting to maintain position) then it goes hard left. Another thing that it does is that it'll only go full speed flying backwards. Flying forward, it'll go full speed and then suddenly decelerate and limit it's speed to 20MPH. This is independent of head or tail winds. It can only fly full speed when flying backwards. I know it sounds crazy, but that's what I'm experiencing. I've almost lost it twice and just now I barely recovered it from flying into the garage full speed into my wife's car window (that would have not been a good conversation to have lol).
What I've done thus far:
All firmware is up to date (including batteries)
replaced all 4 blades (yes, they're in the correct position)
reset the "expert" calibration to factory.
ACFT Firmware V1.9.9
App V1.4.68

Last edited:
This might seem bogus, but it worked for me. I have a Nano + and partway through a flight, the gimbal started moving all around. From the video feed, it looked like the drone must have been doing somersaults. I could see the drone and it was not moving at all about 100 feet up and about 100 yards away. I pressed RTH and I could see the drone coming back in normal flight. When it was overhead, the gimbal quit acting up and the video was normal. I landed it and contacted Autel Support about returning for repair. They said to refresh the firmware via the microSD card. I didn't believe that could fix it, but I did it anyway. Since then, the drone has never had any problems. It may or may not work for you, but I was surprised when it worked for me. You might also verify that the controller is set to Mode 2. Mine got switched to something else and made for a near disaster.

Reactions: EBERLS

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo