Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

No photo events/timestamps in .obs file for PPK?

yarrr

Reaction score
Just completed a mapping mission. RTK dropped out at one point, so now I need to PPK the flight to get accurate geotags.

Using RTKLIB, I can get the entire flight as fixed.

However, the '...events.pos' file has no data- thus no photo positions.

Does the .obs file from Autel include photo events?

If so, what is the proper workflow to post process this data?

(Evo II Enterprise with RTK module, on most current firmware)

Reactions: bndrones
Just completed a mapping mission. RTK dropped out at one point, so now I need to PPK the flight to get accurate geotags.

Using RTKLIB, I can get the entire flight as fixed.

However, the '...events.pos' file has no data- thus no photo positions.

Does the .obs file from Autel include photo events?

If so, what is the proper workflow to post process this data?

(Evo II Enterprise with RTK module, on most current firmware)
Trying to dig into this further, and it appears that RTKLIB/POST will not work, but rather third party software will need to be purchased...

Further followup for anyone else who may attempt to use the undocumented PPK feature-

I was able to process the vehicle location using RTKPOST. Then, to apply the photo events, the .mrk file needs to be further processed using the spreadsheet from Aerotas. How To - PPK Processing with RTKLib (Phantom 4 RTK)

There are third party systems available (Topodrone and REDcatch), but the demo versions of both had issues on my particular dataset. Allegedly Emilid will be adding this feature to their Studio software ion the future.

Con el programa REDToolBox me funciona perfecto el ppk en planimetria pero el altimetria tengo un error de 1.4 metros en planimetria un error de 2 a 3 cm

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials