Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Update For Evo Owners

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Autel has rolled out a update. Faster speeds and gimbal fixes from what I can tell. App update fixes tilted horizon so it is said.

Last edited:
Reactions: DadCorso80
I can verify the tilted horizon is not fixed with this update- mine is still tilted and varies with degree of tilt when yawing.

I can verify the tilted horizon is not fixed with this update- mine is still tilted and varies with degree of tilt when yawing.
It's probably because the download link they added leads to an older version (1.1).
Cheers

An update. It seems that over the air update recognizes the new version (1.2.3). In the previous post, I was referring to the link on the Autel Robotics’ official website.

Reactions: DadCorso80

^ Agreed, I updated successfully and during 1st flight the tilted horizon issue is still there and may be worse now. I flew after the update without doing a gimbal calibration so I will try that next to see if it helps. Sure hope so.

After in app gimbal roll adjust is done - mixed results - during forward flight the horizon still tilts while yawing. While hovering however, I was able to yaw aggressively and had either very very slight or no horizon tilt. So I am not sure what we have here. Maybe there is some secret gimbal calibration procedure I am not aware of that makes things perfect during forward flight lol

After in app gimbal roll adjust is done - mixed results - during forward flight the horizon still tilts while yawing. While hovering however, I was able to yaw aggressively and had either very very slight or no horizon tilt. So I am not sure what we have here. Maybe there is some secret gimbal calibration procedure I am not aware of that makes things perfect during forward flight lol
Gimbal calibration is supposed to be a feature in the update.

ahhhh, yeah, that is kind of what i just did there, read -> After in app gimbal roll adjust is done.....

ahhhh, yeah, that is kind of what i just did there, read -> After in app gimbal roll adjust is done.....
I did the gimbal calibration right after updating the FW. Haven't flow yet. Made sure to do the calibration on completely level surface.
Should I do the gimbal roll adjust as well? Or is that for fixing the tilt if there's issues after the calibration?

So today I now see new calibration function in the Autel Explorerer app, so it has me wondering why it was not there yesterday after the firmware upgrade. So I am not sure if upgrade was totally successful.I need to investigate further.

Ok, after calibrating the gimbal several times and flying again - I now think horizon tilt has been largely improved. A little horizon tilt is still there, but I feel what we have now in the Evo is definitely acceptable for a hobby drone pilot like myself flying a relatively cheap aircraft. The gimbal expo is working nicely now also. I hope Autel keeps the improvements coming.

I saw something that talked about adjustable gimble speed in the update. But it didn't say how to access that.
I don't have my Evo yet, just reading and watching everything I can.

I agree- I initialized the "gimbal calibration" and the gimbal went thru some movements that seems to find it's end points and then sets the gimbal leveling- it worked really well for me. (when you press "Start" the gimbal goes thru the calibration despite the app not telling you it's actually in progress- Autel needs to add an "In Progress" message or "Calibration Started" message to confirm the gimbal is indeed calibrating then finish it with a "Calibration Complete" message.)

Thanks Autel for addressing this issue.

(Please add the capability to start the front "red lights' when recording as opposed to the option of simply Turing them on/off.)
(Also add the capability of allowing the user to dictate the gimbal tilt wheel direction- right now it only allows the user to push left and the camera raises- it would be nice to allow the user to reverse the direction if desired.)

Reactions: mixchief
Thanks for all the info! For what it's worth I had to do the same update procedure for my spare battery, it didn't take as long, but if you have spare batteries it's worth waiting for the update prompt and follow the directions to make sure.

Thanks for all the info! For what it's worth I had to do the same update procedure for my spare battery, it didn't take as long, but if you have spare batteries it's worth waiting for the update prompt and follow the directions to make sure.

I wouldn't have known that.
So when my spare batteries come next week, the Evo will recognize that they need to update, and I'll need to do the complete update procedure?

I wouldn't have known that.
So when my spare batteries come next week, the Evo will recognize that they need to update, and I'll need to do the complete update procedure?
They should, switch out the battery and wait for the prompt on the app. It's basically the same procedure, but shorter time frame.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JP51