Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Update For Evo Owners

Ok, after calibrating the gimbal several times and flying again - I now think horizon tilt has been largely improved. A little horizon tilt is still there, but I feel what we have now in the Evo is definitely acceptable for a hobby drone pilot like myself flying a relatively cheap aircraft. The gimbal expo is working nicely now also. I hope Autel keeps the improvements coming.
Well I tried flying today and did the FW update the other day and nothing has changed. Tilt is way off, I did the calibration after the FW update. I tried setting 34mph and it didn't go above 22.

Anyone figure out a way to tell if the FW is sticking in the bird? I see all the new stuff in the app, but the bird ain't having it. Did all the usual steps.

Well I tried flying today and did the FW update the other day and nothing has changed. Tilt is way off, I did the calibration after the FW update. I tried setting 34mph and it didn't go above 22.

Anyone figure out a way to tell if the FW is sticking in the bird? I see all the new stuff in the app, but the bird ain't having it. Did all the usual steps.

I would try to download the FW from Autel’s website and install it manually

Reactions: DadCorso80
i havent seen that feature,where is it?
It's in the max speed menu, you must turn off obstacle avoidance to use it, right now it only works in the Android version, I guess they will incorporate it into the final iOS version,

I never had the horizon tilt issue, except now after the fw update, it's not too offensive but absolutely there. Some YTers reported gimbal issues, like a rapid vibration etc. thankfully that isn't the case for me. I can however say that the obstacle avoidance was actually close to fatal for me as it did not allow me to move forward to get out of the way of something large and heavy which eventually made contact. it caught me by surprise and instead of automatically raising the craft out of the way I pushed forward but my subject was apparently too close directly ahead. All I can say is, this is one tough bird. Live and learn.

5 failed attempts to install the update with my new battery. Come on.

5 failed attempts to install the update with my new battery. Come on.
For over the air update, turn both the RC and bird on, format the card and turn everything off. Turn on the RC first, then the bird and make sure to let the RC connect to the bird before connecting the App. I had the same problem this morning and this worked for me. I think the residual info on my card was the culprit and needed formatting. Also got the link account prompt which I hadn't received before, flew this afternoon and all was good.

Last edited:
To update the batteries keep the downloaded bin file on your computer and copy the bin file to the microsd card after each battery update as the drone deletes the file after each battery update is completed....I have 6 batts and updated all without issue doing it that way.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JP51