Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Pilot from ESVA

Island Dog

Reaction score
Hi, getting ready to purchase an X, looking for recommendations for the BRIGHEST and largest mobile device or pad for viewing at the controller.....I would prefer iOS over Android because of a larger
variety of apps....but really hoping to find something that will have no problem outside in bright sunlight. Will be using over the Chesapeake Bay......thanks very much in advance for any and ALL feedback!!

Reactions: brian bwin
Hi, getting ready to purchase an X, looking for recommendations for the BRIGHEST and largest mobile device or pad for viewing at the controller.....I would prefer iOS over Android because of a larger
variety of apps....but really hoping to find something that will have no problem outside in bright sunlight. Will be using over the Chesapeake Bay......thanks very much in advance for any and ALL feedback!!
Also I read somewhere that the Android system is needed for GPS/follow me? Is this correct?

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the AutelXPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Autel quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.

Android
System: Android 4.2 or later.
CPU: at least quad-core 1.2GHz
RAM: 1GB or larger.

iOS
iPhone 5, iPhone5c, iPhone5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi‑Fi + Cellular.

SOURCE: What devices are compatible with the Starlink app? | Autel Robotics

Typically drones that have a "follow" function use the device GPS, so if you plan to use that feature be sure and get a device with GPS. For iOS devices that means it must be a cellular iPad (you do not need a cellular connection).

Enjoy!

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the AutelXPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Autel quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.

Android
System: Android 4.2 or later.
CPU: at least quad-core 1.2GHz
RAM: 1GB or larger.

iOS
iPhone 5, iPhone5c, iPhone5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi‑Fi + Cellular.

SOURCE: What devices are compatible with the Starlink app? | Autel Robotics

Typically drones that have a "follow" function use the device GPS, so if you plan to use that feature be sure and get a device with GPS. For iOS devices that means it must be a cellular iPad (you do not need a cellular connection).

Enjoy!
thank you for the response....so based on my reading would you agree that the following Ipad mini 3 would absolutely work?
as long as it had ios 9.2-9.3?

iPad mini 3 (Wi-Fi + Cellular) - MH3F2LL/A* - A1600

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwoody