Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Trying to Decide - Mavic 2 Pro or Autel Evo 2 Pro - Camera Quality

I have the MPRO and the EVO 6k. I think the quality of the image and video of the EVO 6k in low light is far superior.

Reactions: Coady
I have the MPRO and the EVO 6k. I think the quality of the image and video of the EVO 6k in low light is far superior.
This is Mavic mini2

Attachments

• A661D1CE-9CA5-4751-8F7C-2F663F1D63CF.jpeg
    A661D1CE-9CA5-4751-8F7C-2F663F1D63CF.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 14
Ron, I've found to get the best video image quality out of my E2P, I need to record H.265, 4K30, 5600K (sunny day) and LOG with Style set to -2,+3,+3. If you use Auto exposure, it tends to overexpose, so you may want to set EV to -0.7 or so. This creates 10-bit video that requires minimal post color correction. Then, make sure you produce in at least 80 Mbps to minimize blurring of fine detail, pixel clumping and pixel throbbing.
Most inexpensive editors output 8-bit video that has annoying color banding in the clear blue sky and smooth sandy beach scenes. DaVinci Resolve (free version) manages to minimize this in its 8-bit output. Get the paid Studio version, and you can produce true 10-bit video with silky smooth color gradations. The Studio version is much faster too, using your video card for processing.
This drone requires some patience and skill to get the most out of it. But then you will see some amazing results! It's really a photographer's drone.

Just The record . We comparing here the the M2p 4 years old model and e2p 1 year old model. I really want to see the m3p and e2p comparisons

Satans_MIlkman would suggest going with the EVO 2. With most recent firings of the photo group in Palo Alto and the most recent of the R&D VP quitting and moving back to Vietnam. I would imagine the support and upgrades and firmware updates will be limited at best unless the US govt changes their course with DJI. I was not the same fence two months ago and decided to move to Autel. If anything I would move to the Autel Evo 2 pro. Its must better in the wind rock solid device software is easy to use, with a 6k camera to boot, also much better in windy environments with nearly 35+ minutes of fly time.

Reactions: Lucifer
Two minutes in is the really good part!

Yeah, you get the ocean horizon in there and it better be spot on. That being said even my MP2 has a little horizon tilt now and then, even after calibration. I find it most pronounced when yawing medium to fast. I have had all the Phantom Series and the Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro 2... all with a hint of horizon tilt when pushing the envelope (namely yaw) during flight.

Also, look at professional videos, like Nat'l Geographic etc., I catch them with a crooked horizon once in a while that they didn't even bother to fix in post.

Ron, I've found to get the best video image quality out of my E2P, I need to record H.265, 4K30, 5600K (sunny day) and LOG with Style set to -2,+3,+3. If you use Auto exposure, it tends to overexpose, so you may want to set EV to -0.7 or so. This creates 10-bit video that requires minimal post color correction. Then, make sure you produce in at least 80 Mbps to minimize blurring of fine detail, pixel clumping and pixel throbbing.
Most inexpensive editors output 8-bit video that has annoying color banding in the clear blue sky and smooth sandy beach scenes. DaVinci Resolve (free version) manages to minimize this in its 8-bit output. Get the paid Studio version, and you can produce true 10-bit video with silky smooth color gradations. The Studio version is much faster too, using your video card for processing.
This drone requires some patience and skill to get the most out of it. But then you will see some amazing results! It's really a photographer's drone.
Thanks very much for your feedback. I look forward to trying out these settings when I get the Autel. I have a lot of learning ahead of me!

Sunny day = 6500K (is your 5600K a typo, Rubik3x ?)

Yes! Same issues...and I use it for video! Or so I try. I know people think I’m being over critical, but my EVO II does all of the above as well. To the original poster of this thread....think long and hard because maybe you’ll spend your money and get a good one....or maybe you’ll get one like ours.
I truly do appreciate your honest feedback on the issues you have had with the EVO II Pro, I know on a forum people get very biased with their opinions and tend to flame everyone who points out the faults but I for one did truly appreciate your list of issues. I signed up today because I ordered the EVO II Pro 6K rugged bundle and wanted to see what I could be in for. I have been a DJI user since 2014 and was perfectly happy with them until I lost my Mavic Pro Platinum in the ocean 2wks ago because DJI's geofencing kicked in and incorrectly identified my location as a no fly zone in the middle of the flight and forced an auto landing into the ocean. I have flown thousands of hours by now all safely, I have a part 107 license, and I get LAANC permission when needed for flights in airspace that needs it.....none of it mattered when DJI's software decided I should no longer be in the air; after an incident like that its impossible to ever trust them again.

I can tell you though that the horizon tilt issue affects every drone I've flown so if that is the only thing I need to deal with I'll gladly take that any day over what happened to my Mavic Pro; I can only imagine what would have happened if people or cars had been below the drone when it forced a landing.

Fixing the horizon tilt in post is very simple for both photography and video; I've been fixing it since 2015. For photography you simply straighten the horizon in Lightroom and for video I zoom in to about 1.6% and rotate until the horizon is level; if it changes throughout the clip after a pan or tilt or due to the wind then I just create keyframes and adjust the rotation amount to correct the tilt until the end of that particular clip, it only takes seconds and the horizon is perfectly level after that from a viewer's perspective.

After seeing your list of issues I am kind of dreading finding out if I will get a good one or a bad one; I use my drones nearly daily for professional commercial work, everything from promo videos to music videos to weddings to real estate; I need enterprise class reliability, here's to hoping that I get a good one.

I truly do appreciate your honest feedback on the issues you have had with the EVO II Pro, I know on a forum people get very biased with their opinions and tend to flame everyone who points out the faults but I for one did truly appreciate your list of issues. I signed up today because I ordered the EVO II Pro 6K rugged bundle and wanted to see what I could be in for. I have been a DJI user since 2014 and was perfectly happy with them until I lost my Mavic Pro Platinum in the ocean 2wks ago because DJI's geofencing kicked in and incorrectly identified my location as a no fly zone in the middle of the flight and forced an auto landing into the ocean. I have flown thousands of hours by now all safely, I have a part 107 license, and I get LAANC permission when needed for flights in airspace that needs it.....none of it mattered when DJI's software decided I should no longer be in the air; after an incident like that its impossible to ever trust them again.

I can tell you though that the horizon tilt issue affects every drone I've flown so if that is the only thing I need to deal with I'll gladly take that any day over what happened to my Mavic Pro; I can only imagine what would have happened if people or cars had been below the drone when it forced a landing.

Fixing the horizon tilt in post is very simple for both photography and video; I've been fixing it since 2015. For photography you simply straighten the horizon in Lightroom and for video I zoom in to about 1.6% and rotate until the horizon is level; if it changes throughout the clip after a pan or tilt or due to the wind then I just create keyframes and adjust the rotation amount to correct the tilt until the end of that particular clip, it only takes seconds and the horizon is perfectly level after that from a viewer's perspective.

After seeing your list of issues I am kind of dreading finding out if I will get a good one or a bad one; I use my drones nearly daily for professional commercial work, everything from promo videos to music videos to weddings to real estate; I need enterprise class reliability, here's to hoping that I get a good one.
Good for you. Enjoy your drone. You will I’m sure.

NO DJI for me after DJI let go so many people (Photography group at DJI) here in the USA and their VP of R&D recently left, and their Chinese govt involvement. They are in death roll here in the USA. Hopefully Autel will seize the moment to push ahead and dethrone DJI.

NO DJI for me after DJI let go so many people (Photography group at DJI) here in the USA and their VP of R&D recently left, and their Chinese govt involvement. They are in death roll here in the USA. Hopefully Autel will seize the moment to push ahead and dethrone DJI.
Congrats on your EVO purchase, mine will be here Friday after my Mavic Pro was force landed into the ocean by DJI's software when it incorrectly thought I was in a geofenced zone.

I'm sure you know this part...but the EVO drones are made in China as well so no matter what you buy, China will still find a way to take your money.

Evo 2 using Sony camera what is give you crisp and vivid images. DJI M2p using a Hasselblad camera. The characteristic is different. Picture is softer,but all the colours is there. Just like you compari Canon, and Sony dslr. Everybody have there own taste for image quality and colours. My opinion is; both drone makes excellent pictures . Personally I owe both model.
The Mavic Pro 2 still uses a Sony sensor in the Hasselblad lens. The Autel is of higher resolution and therefore better image quality.

The Mavic Pro 2 still uses a Sony sensor in the Hasselblad lens. The Autel is of higher resolution and therefore better image quality.
I think the sharpness is there at both drones. Difference is the softness of colours . This is when is come to personal references. I’m a photographer I use dslr cameras . Sony and canon. Depend on the scenery I use both camera.
For me no point to have arguments over drones. Some situations is DJI better some is Evo . I use all off them in my journey

Attachments

• 336F8723-2357-4476-8229-05F4D91B6A22.jpeg
    336F8723-2357-4476-8229-05F4D91B6A22.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 4
I guess I got lucky or maybe because I calibrated the E2P twice using the IMU, Gimbal, Compass order and doing the compass on location with the latest updates in firmware and app. It might be worth a try for anyone having horizon or other issues. This is at half speed.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d