Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New explorer app still horrible!!

I managed to test out both the iOS and Android APP's today between high wind conditions. The iOS setup appeared to work correctly for a few minutes and then crashed while in flight. But, the good news is that it only crashed once during all of my tests. It did not let me use the orbit function and it seemed to be overly sensitive to the compass calibration. After six attempts to get the compass calibrated, it finally gave the go ahead to fly. It just seems to have a lot of glitchy little problems. I then switched over to the Android setup and flew another two batteries without any incident. Orbit worked fine and no compass calibration issues. I did not see any range issues with either setup. It looks like Android will be my choice of APP's for the future until another update.
I appreciate your testing. I actually fly with both, since I have an iPad (because I like the larger screen video). Most of my flying is with an android phone, but occasionally I will do the iPad. But since you have done this testing, I won't be using the iPad until they fix whatever this is. It would be great if you could catalog a list of ALL the glitches that IOS has and if Autel fixes them, then the IOS flyers could start flying again with confidence in the app.

I have experienced the same errors/ warnings. Additionally, the radar map that shows the anti collision bars no longer appears on my screen. And yes, the option is toggled on.

I'm new and a little late for the party. Which is the "new" explorer app ? I downloaded the one from the Play Store 1.1.3.0. I see that there's also a 1.0.1.45 . Is that the "new" one that is being referenced here? And, should I use it? I also installed Firmware V1.5.8 ? Thank you.

I'm new and a little late for the party. Which is the "new" explorer app ? I downloaded the one from the Play Store 1.1.3.0. I see that there's also a 1.0.1.45 . Is that the "new" one that is being referenced here? And, should I use it? I also installed Firmware V1.5.8 ? Thank you.
The newest is the 1.1.3.0. the 1.0.1.45 was the last explorer app, before the revamped it to include the Evo II.

Resume.
Explorer 1.0.1.45 and Firmware V1.5.8 ===> For EVO 1 Only

Explorer 1.1.3.0 For EVO 2 and EVO 1 (firm 1.5.8) But with this one, you lost the preparation of mission without connection of Evo 1

From what I've read personally I'd stick with the one you have now till all the problems get sorted out in the newer versions.

Thank you both. I'll stick with 1.1.3.0

I have one issue on the Gimbal setting menu. I can't get the "Gimbal pitch limit" set to stay on after I select it. It goes to blue (selected) but then when I come back to it, it's off again.

Are you doing that setting while the drone and remote are turned on and connected? Otherwise I'm not sure.

Cardan application not activated for Evo1. Wait for an EVO 1 firmware update
Wrong choice for Explorer 1.1.3. Still contains bugs and if you only have Evo 1, stay with Explorer 1.0.1.45, you have the privilege of keeping ground preparation for waypoint and Orbit missions without having the drone turned on which you lose with version 1.1. 3.
Then it's up to you.

Reactions: Tufargon
Does anyone know how to get the old app back?
Look at the post above yours if you have android. IOS seems your SOL to going back.
Uninstall the one you have and download and install the one you want in the link.
Also I saw your other post about the firmware. You can't go back with firmware.

Reactions: Willy Parker
Look at the post above yours if you have android. IOS seems your SOL to going back.
Uninstall the one you have and download and install the one you want in the link.
Also I saw your other post about the firmware. You can't go back with firmware.
So since I'm using the IOS app I can not go back to the previous app? The version of those apps listed on here do not match up with with my current version or the previous ones.

The newest is the 1.1.3.0. the 1.0.1.45 was the last explorer app, before the revamped it to include the Evo II.
Last version for IOS (that worked without nanny state removal of functionality and evo II crap i dont need) was v1.0.95 I have it on my ipad, it has no references to evo II. My iPhone just updated to the new latest version automatically (I didn't want it!). Im now trying to get rid of this crapware (we'll ive deleted it) and re-state the old version that lets me use the features of this drone that I actually paid for when I decided to buy Autel rather than DJI (which is proving difficult to do so far).

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy