Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Roll back App

birdslife

Reaction score
Hi,
Ive not used my Evo 1 since last Sept 2019, opened the app today to find its auto updated.
I don't update the firmware on my drone (other than once when I first bought it) because the new updates always seem to not fix old issues while introducing more new ones. I therefore do not want my explorer app updating either (could cause more issues if the explorer app becomes incompatible with the older firmware I run on the drone). It would be nice to just be able to pick up my drone and fly it when i want without having to resort to hours of googling to find out what just happened to my drone (ive now disabled app auto update on my iPhone, I didn't realise it was even turned on).
I want the previous version I know worked fine, not this new one. Ive found the post with links to download previous .apk's but how do I tell which one is the one I had last Sept 2019 please? The latest one on the download post I found appears to be v1.0.1.45 (that's really old isn't it?).

My current explorer app says its v1.3.17

thanks

Last edited:
ive just realised the older version I was using didn't ask which drone I was using either (the new app asks whether I have evo or evo II). In which case as v1.0.1.45 is listed as evo 1 only, is that the one I need?

thanks

Yes Explore V1.0.1.45 to only control the Evo 1.
It is not the Evo 1 / Evo 2 application.
You need the 1.5.8 firmware that goes with this Explorer 1.0.1.45.

thanks Claudius,
I remembered earlier, I have an old ipad and it WAS set not to auto update! its got the version I want on it v1.0.95.
This was the version I was using before on my iphone (and has some features I still want over 1.0.1.45).

Question is now, how do I transfer it back over to my iPhone?!
Ive deleted the updated version on my iPhone and set both the ipad and iPhone to auto download Apps (but not update them). Im HOPING, the old version will now appear back on my iPhone? (but so far it hasn't).
I also synched the ipad on my computer so there SHOULD? be a backup copy of the app I want on my laptop too if auto update doesn't work. No idea how I get it off there on to the phone yet, but ill see if the auto download works first.

ive also just realised .apk's are Android so I cant use the ones listed on this forum on my iPhone anyway

The version I give you is for Android.
For IOS (Ipad-Iphone) you cannot put an old version on it. It is a priority system which does not allow you to install what you want, nor to revert to an old program.
Here is the download page for the old Explorer and firmware specific to Android, you will not find anything for Apple.
While knowing that on the Evo 1, we can not go back to an old firmware either if it has been updated recently.

All Explorer App Versions, Firmwares, & Manuals

That's why I would never take an Apple tablet.
You have a tablet, but it's not yours ......

Last edited:
thanks, im no Apple fan, cant stand them. But when my Windows phone became obsolete Apple was the lesser of two evils (Android / Apple).
Im reading up on restoring the version I want from ipad to iPhone (it should be possible because I already have the older version of the app). Like anything Apple though they will have made it as difficult as possible.

for anyone thats interested, ive managed to pull the .ipa (ios) file for autel explorer v1.0.95 off the ipad and on to my PC using external software. Its taken most the day to find out how (thanks Apple).
Should just be a case of using the same software to re-install back on to my iPhone tomorrow now (its midnight and im going to bed!).
IF it works im happy to send the file if someone wants to host it along with those Android .ipa files for anyone else that wants control of their own drone back.

The problem (if it works), it will have your account info on the metadata. Making it useless for any other iOS user.

will post back once Ive done it (and done a test flight), im led to believe its a fresh install and ill need to do all the settings (and re-calibrations?)

well its not worked. Installed on to my phone but then fails to verify the installation.
Looks like I will just have to use my evo using just the screen on the controller or the ipad (I bought an adaptor bracket ages ago to hold the ipad mini on the controller, but ive never used it).

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain