Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

All Explorer App Versions, Firmwares, & Manuals

Ansia

Reaction score
Here are all the Explorer app versions I could find for the Evo and Evo II. If you have one that it's not on the list, please add it as well.

Evo

Evo & Evo II

Latest Firmware:

Older Firmware:

Manuals:

App Manual_EN_EVO II_0105.pdf

Thanks to @Tufargon for the Explorer App versions and the idea to create this thread!
Thanks to @lukappaseidue for the firmware versions!

Last edited:
Disclaimer: We at AutelPilots aren't responsible for what might happen to your Evos while mismatching the Firmware and App versions. We encourage everyone to use the latest Firmware and App version. Some firmware versions will produce errors with different App versions. Please keep this in mind when testing.

Thanks for these. It appears the latest app version broke a few things for the Evo 1.
Is there a app/firmware history? For example - Firmware 1.5..8 worked with app version 1.0.1.33 to 1.0.1.45?

Thanks for these. It appears the latest app version broke a few things for the Evo 1.
Is there a app/firmware history? For example - Firmware 1.5..8 worked with app version 1.0.1.33 to 1.0.1.45?
None that I am aware of. I started this thread after the Evo firmware 1.5.8 was out, so I am unable to test firmwares with the apps. If you have the original Evo, the sweet spot is 1.5.8 with app version 1.0.1.45

Reactions: chowland
Ok, thanks!! I am actually using 1.0.1.45 and lucky for me it detached itself from the google play store, so I don't have to worry about accidentally updating it.

Reactions: Ansia
New Android BETA app finally usinf new firmwares features!
v1.1.6.5

New features for EVO II users:
•Added an option to disable Voice Assistant
•Added OA notification sounds
•Added Pre-flight security check prompt
•Added ISO manual mode
•Added Smart Orbit
•Added remote control joystick EXP sensitivity adjustment
•Added aircraft sensitivity adjustment for attitude, brake and yaw movement
Bugs Fixes and Optimizations:
•Resolved the GPS location deviation issue in HK and Macau
•OA status remains unchanged when user switch the speed modes
•Other minor bug fixes

As the Autel Web page is strange (redirects to a password page, saved direct links seem to work) i used Play Store to switch to BETA)

Enjoy!

Ender

I tested this out with my evo 1, and everything seems to work again. I didn't do any of the Missions, since I don't use them. The video on the app is back to normal and the different camera settings worked. I sent it out pretty far also.

Last edited:
Does the controller have its own firmware? My interest in the topic is the desire to have the old way of making waypoint missions, ie, do it in the air, on the fly, if you will.

You can't go backwards on firmware with Autel. If you want to use the previous functions from the app you'd need to uninstall the app and go back to one that it had it all. You can only do that with Android. The preferred version for the EVO 1 per users on the forum seems to be 1.0.1.45.apk

You can't go backwards on firmware with Autel. If you want to use the previous functions from the app you'd need to uninstall the app and go back to one that it had it all. You can only do that with Android. The preferred version for the EVO 1 per users on the forum seems to be 1.0.1.45.apk
I put EVO_FW_V1.3.3.25.bin onto my SD card and followed Autel's instructions for manual firmware. When it was done I got "successful ". I turned off my modem during the process. Before doing it I was unable to connect phone to controller, now I can. So, whatever I did, my problem was solved.
I'm using 1.0.1.19.apk, then disabled sideloading.

I put EVO_FW_V1.3.3.25.bin onto my SD card and followed Autel's instructions for manual firmware. When it was done I got "successful ". I turned off my modem during the process. Before doing it I was unable to connect phone to controller, now I can. So, whatever I did, my problem was solved.
I'm using 1.0.1.19.apk, then disabled sideloading.
Come to think of it, maybe I did do an upgrade, as I don't know what firmware version I had. How can you tell what firmware version you have?

Sounds like the firmware was never updated till you did it because *again*, you can't downgrade firmware on Autel drones. You can see it in your app. It will show each update for each device/piece of hardware on it. Maybe someone can chime in on how to check that on the EVO since I don't have access to that app.

Sounds like the firmware was never updated till you did it because *again*, you can't downgrade firmware on Autel drones. You can see it in your app. It will show each update for each device/piece of hardware on it. Maybe someone can chime in on how to check that on the EVO since I don't have access to that app.
Yes, I'd like to see that.

Some have taken screen shots of the newest firmware and i'm sure they'll post it here for you to see. Just give it a little time. ;)

EVO_FW_V1.3.3.25.bin

Flight Control V0.0.2.26
Camera V0.2.0.9
Remote Control V0.0.29.0
Remote Control Panel V1.1.17.0
Image Transmission V1.0.3.19
Remote Control Image
Transmission V1.0.3.19
Gimbal V1.1.6.9
Battery "D" V1.1.7.0
Vision Module V1.0.2.2