Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Android Tablet Won't Download Explorer App

JBK

Reaction score
Purchased a new 8" Android tablet w/Android 10 and I went to download Autel Explorer using Play Store and couldn't find app as an option to download. I then googled Autel Explorer on pc and found the app in the play store and when I hit "install", I was given a list of current device registered in play store including my new tablet however the new tablet is grayed out and it says "this item is not compatible with your device". I have (2) other larger screened tablets that are using older Android versions that work just fine with the Explorer app, but I purchased this 8" tablet due to mounting issues with the 10 and 12" models.

Current specs on new tablet: 2GB RAM, 32GB ROM, 1.6Ghz Quad Core Processor, Android 10

Any and all help on installing the Explorer app on new tablet would be appreciate. Thank you in advance...

I just whipped out an S7 tab with Android 11 and had no issues installing from the Play Store. I also run Explorer on a phone with Android 11, but also on older tabs that run Android 6.

I don't have anything with Android 10 to test with.

I have had so many wonderful experiences with the Play Store and various google accounts not being happy between devices, but that is an Android/google issue.

ne0031, thank you for your reply. As I stated in original post, I have (2) other tablets, Samsung 10" and a Lenovo 11" (I misspoke when I stated a 12") and both of them work flawlessly when using either the Explorer app for my Autel drone or DJI app for their drones. Not sure what is wrong with this 8" tablet I just bought. At this point I going to just give it to my 2 year old granddaughter and I just put in an order for a new Tripltek 8" Pro with both the Autel and DJI radio mounts. Roughly a $900 investment for a 8" tablet with mounts, but the reviews on it and the brightness are second to none. Thanks again...

If you mean downloading the apk file, then yes. I downloaded the apk file from Autel's website and the apk file wouldn't even download on the tablet. I then downloaded the apk file to my PC and tried to manually install it on the tablet and that didn't work either.

Any and all apps I installed on this new tablet including DJI's drone app worked with no issues except Autel's. Which I couldn't even install.

I ordered a Tripltek 8" tablet w/extras that is being shipped October 1st and this new tablet and is being given to my granddaughter tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply...

ne0031, thank you for your reply. As I stated in original post, I have (2) other tablets, Samsung 10" and a Lenovo 11" (I misspoke when I stated a 12") and both of them work flawlessly when using either the Explorer app for my Autel drone or DJI app for their drones. Not sure what is wrong with this 8" tablet I just bought. At this point I going to just give it to my 2 year old granddaughter and I just put in an order for a new Tripltek 8" Pro with both the Autel and DJI radio mounts. Roughly a $900 investment for a 8" tablet with mounts, but the reviews on it and the brightness are second to none. Thanks again...

JBK,
You will not regret the purchase of the TRIPLTEK Pro, simply brilliant piece of kit, super bright and I use it as a phone also. I made the connecting cable from the controler to the Tripltek to stop it discharging the controler ( or disconnect the cable after each use). Tripltek will also supply the electrical drawing for making your own if you are handy with electronics. I am in Australia, that is why they gave me the diagram , postage was more than the cost of the cable. Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Purchased a new 8" Android tablet w/Android 10 and I went to download Autel Explorer using Play Store and couldn't find app as an option to download. I then googled Autel Explorer on pc and found the app in the play store and when I hit "install", I was given a list of current device registered in play store including my new tablet however the new tablet is grayed out and it says "this item is not compatible with your device". I have (2) other larger screened tablets that are using older Android versions that work just fine with the Explorer app, but I purchased this 8" tablet due to mounting issues with the 10 and 12" models.

Current specs on new tablet: 2GB RAM, 32GB ROM, 1.6Ghz Quad Core Processor, Android 10

Any and all help on installing the Explorer app on new tablet would be appreciate. Thank you in advance...
Almost all tablets with less then 3 Gb RAM are 32bit CPU...not compatible with 64bit app...
Cheers.

Reactions: THTNM
Hmm. Other than ensuring you have a 64-bit CPU, I'd check Google Play Services on your device. I've had out of box devices with this core component missing before, and without it many apps just break. There are tools on Play that will help you update/get it.

I had exactly the same problem. Granted, my table is a (new) off-brand, but has features similar to the high-end models.

Old thread but yes I've got a Lenovo Tb7 (2020) and the Autel Explorer downloads then I get a crashed message upon opening.
I bought a new Lenovo Tb7 M7 yesterday - 3rd gen with 2gb and same deal!
It's going back to the store!
The smart remote is on my list but have to save up for that. Now to look for a burner phone for remote access only.
IMG_20220906_070914.jpg

I am a Mac guy and bought a refurbished 10" Apple tablet and it worked like a champ right out of the box. I don't know what model drone you have, but I was confused about all the different numbers and just assumed that I had the latest Autel EVO Pro II 2, but not so. Consequently, the Smart Controller V2 would not work. and sent it back. I became frustrated and just went with the Apple, at a savings of $900.

Reactions: AussieCate
I am a Mac guy and bought a refurbished 10" Apple tablet and it worked like a champ right out of the box. I don't know what model drone you have, but I was confused about all the different numbers and just assumed that I had the latest Autel EVO Pro II 2, but not so. Consequently, the Smart Controller V2 would not work. and sent it back. I became frustrated and just went with the Apple, at a savings of $900.
I'm definitely NOT a Mac person -for economic ethical reasons historically - so trying hard to not go down that route ...
I have the V2 so the V2 remote should work with it.
Have been looking at refurbished ones but just can't bring myself to do it. So I remain with the Android phone ATM.
Thank you for sharing.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d