Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New explorer app still horrible!!

aed1980

Reaction score
Hi, i am in quarantined, buenos aires argentina! its been more than a month since i didnt use my evo! today i took it out and used the new app, horrible, loses signal very near, voice drives you crazy, bad downlink! i thought they ve done updates, but i see its almost useless as when it went out! what are you people using? the old one?

thanks

With the new update, you can mute the voices. As for the rest of your complaints, the app isn't responsible for those. The signal between your drone and controller cannot be affected by an app.

With the new update, you can mute the voices. As for the rest of your complaints, the app isn't responsible for those. The signal between your drone and controller cannot be affected by an app.
im sorry, but just tested with the old app and the signal is much better! my guess its that the new is geared towards the evo 2, so they put the 1 in the back burner

Still itt doesn't make any sense. All the app does is decode the video signal. The app itself doesnt command or broadcast any type of signal.

Still itt doesn't make any sense. All the app does is decode the video signal. The app itself doesnt command or broadcast any type of signal.
dont know, maybe thats why most people still using the old app!

An app CAN change the range. How? By changing the spectrum spread. Go into the app and you will see it under (I think) signal. In there you will see what frequencies and how "broad" the signal is. If they changed those parameters, it will change the range.

Reactions: lukappaseidue
I read, cant remember where but it seemed authoritative, that pending which country you are in and appropriate CS or EU or FAA WIFI maximum RF levels exist, it will set the power to that, USA WIFI allowed is much higher than here in UK, however whether that was added to the 2 app and wasn't in the 1 app I don't know, but possible this is the reason... what are the max RF levels where you are... is possibly the question, if same as UK then much lower as the frequency is obviously not licenced and is free to use within the regulations, same exactly for Home wifi and phone wifi here. Cheers

I read, cant remember where but it seemed authoritative, that pending which country you are in and appropriate CS or EU or FAA WIFI maximum RF levels exist, it will set the power to that, USA WIFI allowed is much higher than here in UK, however whether that was added to the 2 app and wasn't in the 1 app I don't know, but possible this is the reason... what are the max RF levels where you are... is possibly the question, if same as UK then much lower as the frequency is obviously not licenced and is free to use within the regulations, same exactly for Home wifi and phone wifi here. Cheers
The change between FCC and CE frequencies are controlled by GPS coordinates. The drone detects where you are in the world and adjust accordingly. He is simply stating that when he installed the new app, he couldn't get any range, when he could before. If I am not mistaken, Argentina is FCC, therefore his range should not be affected. I believe at that particular moment he experience an abnormal interference, which affected his range. No one else has experienced this problem.

I too have noticed range issues since using the updated APP and the new 1.5.8 firmware. Wasn't sure if I was just having some rare interference but now that I see others having the same issue makes me suspicious. I get frequent warnings that video link is weak which makes no sense because I looking right at the drone line of sight. Drone has never crashed or had a hard landing, never dropped the controller so I can't suspect any hardware causes. It started just as soon as I started using the updated APP and firmware.

Reactions: LA.Lawyer
I just updated to 1.5.8 firmware and am using the new IOS APP . I was just testing the systems in the garage to make sure all went well and am having a major problem even before flying. Everything fires up properly until I start the props. Then the APP tells me that it has lost signal to the bird and crashes the APP completely. The controller appears to still have signal and will shut down the bird without any issues. In the meantime, my iPhone just shows the usual page of apps as though the Autel app was never activated. I re-booted everything and started up fresh, but got the exact same sequence. Needless to say, I have not flown the bird given this issue. The APP seems to run okay by itself, but does doesn't like those blades spinning. Has anybody else had this experience?

Not an authority, but I wonder if it might have something to do with WHERE you tested it. You might try going outside your house maybe 50 feet away. It is possible there is electronic interference in that location. Maybe a WiFi signal, or a router, or who knows what else. What can it hurt to try?

Reactions: DanielC
Thanks for the suggestion. That's not a bad idea and I will give it a go tomorrow. I should mention that I also use a dedicated android phone with the bird and it worked fine under the same conditions. But, it is not an activated phone so it may not have all of the possible interference's to deal with that the active iPhone has. That will be an interesting test.

I managed to test out both the iOS and Android APP's today between high wind conditions. The iOS setup appeared to work correctly for a few minutes and then crashed while in flight. But, the good news is that it only crashed once during all of my tests. It did not let me use the orbit function and it seemed to be overly sensitive to the compass calibration. After six attempts to get the compass calibrated, it finally gave the go ahead to fly. It just seems to have a lot of glitchy little problems. I then switched over to the Android setup and flew another two batteries without any incident. Orbit worked fine and no compass calibration issues. I did not see any range issues with either setup. It looks like Android will be my choice of APP's for the future until another update.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58