Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Evo Nano can't connect RC to phone

Brian59

Reaction score
Hello, I received my new Evo Nano yesterday, downloaded the Fly app. Went to start everything up and the Fly app keeps telling me 'RC Disconnected'. I've tried a couple of cables, no change. Phone is Moto G Power running Android 10.

Tried an older phone and can't even install the Sky app on that one. That's a Samsung A11 also running Android 10. Any suggestions would be most appreciated! Thanks,
Brian

Last edited:
Just got my Nano today. I got a message from Autel yesterday (before my drone even showed up). Some of the nano's were not paired correctly from the factory, sounds like yours is one of them. Try pairing procedure which can be found on their website you will then have to go through a firmware update. I just got done doing this to mine. Works great just to bad its so fricken cold out.

Just got my Nano today. I got a message from Autel yesterday (before my drone even showed up). Some of the nano's were not paired correctly from the factory, sounds like yours is one of them. Try pairing procedure which can be found on their website you will then have to go through a firmware update. I just got done doing this to mine. Works great just to bad its so fricken cold out.
Thanks! I did the pairing using the buttons, and it appeared to be successful. The green light went solid for about 5 seconds, then went to slow yellow blinking. Pressed Start in the app and got RC Disconnected again.

When I powered off the aircraft, the remote beeped as it disconnected, so it appears the RC is talking to the aircraft. Just can't get the dang phone to talk to the RC.
Definitely worth a try though! Thanks again,
Brian

Try deleting the app and re-install?

Make sure app is up to date.

Thanks! I did the pairing using the buttons, and it appeared to be successful. The green light went solid for about 5 seconds, then went to slow yellow blinking. Pressed Start in the app and got RC Disconnected again.

When I powered off the aircraft, the remote beeped as it disconnected, so it appears the RC is talking to the aircraft. Just can't get the dang phone to talk to the RC.
Definitely worth a try though! Thanks again,
Brian
Okay this sounds like what I went through did you do the firmware update? Mine didn't work right till I updated the firmware.

Okay this sounds like what I went through did you do the firmware update? Mine didn't work right till I updated the firmware.
I can't update the firmware until the phone is on speaking terms with the RC. When I look at the firmware version in the app, everything says N/A because it has never connected.

I can't update the firmware until the phone is on speaking terms with the RC. When I look at the firmware version in the app, everything says N/A because it has never connected.
All right check it out, let me just say this and I will drop it then. You said you can get about a 5 sec binding and then it drops right? Well this happened to me. What I did, turn RC on, connect to phone, turn aircraft on. Mine showed a slow flashing green light at first and then went to a quick flashing green light. While it was slow flashing and without going into the app just stay on the splash screen in the upper right of the screen it should say you need the update (assuming you do). I started the update, but it wouldn't finish because the aircraft wouldn't stay paired. I started all over again did the same steps on the third attempt I was paired and updated. Do not go into the app you shouldn't have to go any further than the startup (splash) screen.

All right check it out, let me just say this and I will drop it then. You said you can get about a 5 sec binding and then it drops right? Well this happened to me. What I did, turn RC on, connect to phone, turn aircraft on. Mine showed a slow flashing green light at first and then went to a quick flashing green light. While it was slow flashing and without going into the app just stay on the splash screen in the upper right of the screen it should say you need the update (assuming you do). I started the update, but it wouldn't finish because the aircraft wouldn't stay paired. I started all over again did the same steps on the third attempt I was paired and updated. Do not go into the app you shouldn't have to go any further than the startup (splash) screen.
OK, tried that, it starts with the slow green as you said, nothing on the splash screen though, and it changes from slow green to slow yellow, so it's not quite the same. According to the manual, slow yellow is ATTI mode. Not really sure what that means. No need to drop anything, I really appreciated all the kind suggestions. Thanks

OK, tried that, it starts with the slow green as you said, nothing on the splash screen though, and it changes from slow green to slow yellow, so it's not quite the same. According to the manual, slow yellow is ATTI mode. Not really sure what that means. No need to drop anything, I really appreciated all the kind suggestions. Thanks
My book says slow yellow flashing is low battery but then again all I have is the quick start guide as a book can't find a real manual for the nano and yes, I did check the Autel web site. Some one here suggested reinstalling the app, might want to try that. If you are actually in atti mode, you are (I'm pretty sure) paired.

My book says slow yellow flashing is low battery but then again all I have is the quick start guide as a book can't find a real manual for the nano and yes, I did check the Autel web site. Some one here suggested reinstalling the app, might want to try that. If you are actually in atti mode, you are (I'm pretty sure) paired.
Here's the manual I found. hope this helps, thanks!

Attachments

• EVO Nano Series User Manual - EN.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 23
Here's the manual I found. hope this helps, thanks!
Thats perfect thank you I tried to find it on the Autel website and could only find for the bigger drones (evo I & II and even xstar) nothing for the nano or the lite. Thanks again and good luck on your issue.

Hello, I received my new Evo Nano yesterday, downloaded the Fly app. Went to start everything up and the Fly app keeps telling me 'RC Disconnected'. I've tried a couple of cables, no change. Phone is Moto G Power running Android 10.

Tried an older phone and can't even install the Fly app on that one. That's a Samsung A11 also running Android 10. Any suggestions would be most appreciated! Thanks,
Brian

I have the same problem.
The drone won't connect after trying several. Times.
Autel has not been able to give me a good reason for the problem.

Had the same problem
When you go and connect
You must double tap the battery button 2x and the green light will flash quickly
This will begin the pairing mode
Be patient
I had the same problem

Had the same problem
When you go and connect
You must double tap the battery button 2x and the green light will flash quickly
This will begin the pairing mode
Be patient
I had the same problem
Hi Tony,
Actually I got the RC and drone paired successfully. Problem is the app on my phone doesn't talk to the RC when I connect everything. I've tried a couple of cables, same result so I don't think it's the cable. Still waiting to hear back from Autel support. I have a couple of weeks left before I run out of time to return it to Amazon..

Just FYI - I ended up returning the Nano to Amazon. Their support was pretty good, they tried, but it won't work with my phone. Thanks for all the suggestions! Have fun

Just FYI - I ended up returning the Nano to Amazon. Their support was pretty good, they tried, but it won't work with my phone. Thanks for all the suggestions! Have fun
Next one will do the same, no worries...
Is your phone, Motorolla is using a changed Android that is not 100% compatible. You can go in Developer settings and enable USB debugging and select Charge only when you connect.
Is a protocol for transferring files that kicks in at Moto, will have issues on some Android versions.
Cheers.

Reactions: Paul43

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo