Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Nano +/ Lite RC mod to allow Antenna Range Extender

Paul43

Reaction score
This is more of an informational post to provide what I have found when looking into the possibility of adding an external antenna on the Lite+ / nano/ nano+ series. After watching a couple of youtube videos I found a video from AlienTech describing how to modify the EVO Lite+ or Nano RC to add their tablet holder and antenna range extender. I was more interested in figuring out what kind of Rf connector is used on the Nano so I can convert to an SMA connector and attach passive antennas of my choosing.

I have linked to the video below at about 10 minutes into the video where the person states the connector is an "IPX" connector. An online search immediately found a number of IPX to SMA female jumper cables that are exactly what I was looking and available for about $3.00 USD and immediate shipping. The pictures of the IPX connector I found online look exactly like the connector on the Nano RC in the video.

To install the SMA connectors you would have to open up the Nano RC and access the 2 tiny IPX coax connectors and attach the new jumpers to get the SMA connectors. Then you would need to fabricate a mounting plate to attach the SMA bulkhead fittings.

1675308965657.png

PT113-09I-IPX-SSFBH: RFMAX Low Loss Mini 9 Inch Coax Jumper Cable with SMA Female to U.FL (IPX) (IPEX) Connectors

I have the mount, thanks, I've been waiting for this video... but, the range of the Autel Lite plus, is very good, not sure if using another antena and go through this, is worth it. Anybody has any experience?

The range on the Nano is pretty good too but I have found that at longer distances the antenna can easily be blocked by objects on the ground, including people. In an ideal situation I would like to have the antenna on an extensible pole that I can mount at some height.

Another question I have but haven't seen it mentioned yet is where the antennas are located on the drone itself. Anyone know?

the alientech antena, you can buy an extension cable, and a car mount you can mount onto a tripod or anything.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy