Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New EVO Lite+ - Autel Sky won't connect to Samsung phone

Steverino

Reaction score
I just received a new Autel EVO Lite+. When I first tried it, the Autel Sky app showed it was disconnected. I had to unplug and replug the RC cable in a couple of times to get the Autel Sky app to connect. However, it finally worked. I just went to fly the drone today for the second time and I could not get the Autel Sky app on my Samsung phone to connect no matter how many time I tired it. The controller was paired with the aircraft and I could fly it but could not use the app. I then tried it with my wife's iPhone using the USB C to lightening cable and it worked fine. I don't know if I have a bad cable or if it's my phone or something else. When I connect my phone to the controller, my phone makes a beep and shows it's charging but the app does not open and if I open it manually is shows "Aircraft disconnected". I would email Autel tech support but I don't won't to wait 6 to 8 weeks for a reply that may or may not come. I'm tempted to purchase another USB C to USB C cable but does it have to be anything special? I've seen some on Amazon that specify different wattages and I don't know if that matters. I also wonder if it has to be a "on the go" cable. I don't have any problem with the EVO II and Autel Explorer connecting to my phone but I had to purchase a different RC cable(USB A to USB C) so I don't think the problem is with my phone. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Update: I used my wife's iphone to try to get some video and it took me multiple tries and about 20 minutes before I could finally get the app to connect. I hate that this controller has no screen and you have to use a phone. I emailed Autel support but I don't expect to hear from them for several weeks, if ever. I beginning to think giving Autel another chance was a mistake. It wouldn't be that much of a problem if they still had decent support.

Update: I used my wife's iphone to try to get some video and it took me multiple tries and about 20 minutes before I could finally get the app to connect. I hate that this controller has no screen and you have to use a phone. I emailed Autel support but I don't expect to hear from them for several weeks, if ever. I beginning to think giving Autel another chance was a mistake. It wouldn't be that much of a problem if they still had decent support.
Sorry to hear of the app connection issues, hopefully someone here chimes in with a solution.

After making an app connection with your wife’s iPhone, Did you have the opportunity to fly the Evo lite? I ask, because I’m seriously thinking of getting a Lite +, seems to be the perfect drone if these issues can be ironed out.

Keep us posted,
Paul

i have seen people that have a pile of lint and debris in the connector port that prevents data connection while the charging will still work.

also try reinstalling the app, maybe this will reset the default app to be the sky app when plugging in the controller.

lastly, i never open the app before connecting the controller. i connect the phone to the RC then power-on the RC and wait until the android OS recognizes the device and prompts you to use the Sky App by default. Then it has always worked.

i have seen people that have a pile of lint and debris in the connector port that prevents data connection while the charging will still work.

also try reinstalling the app, maybe this will reset the default app to be the sky app when plugging in the controller.

lastly, i never open the app before connecting the controller. i connect the phone to the RC then power-on the RC and wait until the android OS recognizes the device and prompts you to use the Sky App by default. Then it has always worked.
Thanks, I never have this problem with the Autel EVO II and this same phone so I don't think it's the USB port on my phone. This morning I tried it again and I was able to get it to work but the app does not automatically open like it did before. That setting is checked in the app and I've unchecked and rechecked it but that didn't help. That's no big deal because I can always open the app after everything is connected but it does show that something is going on. I've ordered another cable from Amazon and I hope that solves the problem.

Sorry to hear of the app connection issues, hopefully someone here chimes in with a solution.

After making an app connection with your wife’s iPhone, Did you have the opportunity to fly the Evo lite? I ask, because I’m seriously thinking of getting a Lite +, seems to be the perfect drone if these issues can be ironed out.

Keep us posted,
Paul
Yes, I was able to get video and everything worked fine when I used my wife's iPhone. But when I tried it again later, I had problem with her phone recognizing the connection but she has that problem occasionally when charging the phone so I'm not sure it was her phone's lightening port or a problem with the the controller's port or something else. I have ordered a USB C to USB C cable and I'm hoping that will solve the issue.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
If two very different phones have similar problems to run the app and to connect the remote, I guess the solution may be found elsewhere. Think about cellular coverage in your area. (Start the Evo Lite at another site.) Or your wifi settings. (Turn them off when connecting to the remote.) I guess the Evo II doesn't need a cellular coverage in the same way since the controller works fine without a mobile phone. However, I hope you will solve the problem soon and keep us informed.

I have a similar problem with my Nano+ trying to get the Autel Sky app on my smart phone to realise the remote controller is connected. When I plug the cable into the phone I get the warning message asking if I want to allow access but it still does not work after pressing OK.

The only fix I have found is to restart the smart phone with the cable still attached. Seems to connect every time then.

(Using an old Huwwei P8 Lite with Android 7).

No issues with Galaxy Note 8, Note 10+, Tablet S4, Tripltek 8" - when the RC is plugged in and turned on the app starts and connects. I always put what ever into airplane mode before flying.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ranga