Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Nano+ raw (DNG) SOLVED! Vignetting correction and DCP Profile (lightroom, camera raw, ...)

Toforgive

Reaction score
Update 2024 - Don't use the cornerfix method, you get better results by applying the flat field method with software like rawtherapee, art, capture one (lightroom doesn't work well). DNGs for the fix are in the google drive link. No more need to use DCP profile.

________
Hi to all! Nano+ firmware 1.6.5
Download this soft (corrects for vignetting effects)
Cornerfix
1) Open lens profile and select my profile <MAX_0084.cpf>
2) Open Image or batch correct images for creating a new DNG with vignetting corrected (added _CF in filename)
Install my DCP profile (lightroom or camera raw) <drone_32.dcp>
3) Open DNG corrected by cornerfix in lightroom/camera raw and select profile "XL724_0032"
4) In "lens correction" -> "Profile" select "Remove Chromatic Aberration". Add manual defringe as needed.

Attached files: jpg directly from nano (MAX_0131.JPG) and jpg created from DNG (lightroom) edit with settings as screenshot.

Google drive profiles

:)

Attachments

• MAX_0131.JPG
    MAX_0131.JPG
    8.2 MB · Views: 51
  • settings1.png
    settings1.png
    140.1 KB · Views: 48
  • settings2.png
    settings2.png
    75.4 KB · Views: 45
  • settings3.png
    settings3.png
    89.3 KB · Views: 47
  • MAX_0131_CF_84.jpg
    MAX_0131_CF_84.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
It`s amazing but it works only for the daylight photos.

Attachments

• MAX_0174_original_jpeg.JPG
    MAX_0174_original_jpeg.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 4
  • MAX_0174_CF.jpg
    MAX_0174_CF.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • MAX_0174_original_DNG.jpg
    MAX_0174_original_DNG.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
It`s amazing but it works only for the daylight photos.

Now I'm using a new method: I use the ART software (an alternative version of RAWTHERAPEE) as a raw editor. Download MAX_0006_NOPL.ZIP from google drive and then
set this DNG file as "flat field" correction. No more need to use the dcp color profile, but the embedded works great.

googledrive

Flat field correction is also available on lightroom but it doesn't work well. Capture one can also handle flat field correction.

Now I'm using a new method: I use the ART software (an alternative version of RAWTHERAPEE) as a raw editor. Download MAX_0006_NOPL.ZIP from google drive and then
set this DNG file as "flat field" correction. No more need to use the dcp color profile, but the embedded works great.

googledrive

Flat field correction is also available on lightroom but it doesn't work well. Capture one can also handle flat field correction.
I`m trying but there is no result after adding MAX_0006_NOPL as Flat Field correction.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    3.5 MB · Views: 4
I`m trying but there is no result after adding MAX_0006_NOPL as Flat Field correction.

I don't see any vignetting from you photo! So the flat field is working correctly! Send me your DNG

Attachments

• panel_off.jpg
    panel_off.jpg
    935.1 KB · Views: 6
  • panel_on.jpg
    panel_on.jpg
    1,007.1 KB · Views: 6
May be my version of ART software is broken. I`ll try to download it again. I also tried with RawTherapee but nothing has changed..

Attachments

• MAX_0150.zip
    7 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
May be my version of ART software is broken. I`ll try to download it again. I also tried with RawTherapee but nothing has changed..
Hi, your DNG photo was taken in 8MP resolution (3840x2160). My photo has 12MP resolution (4096x3076). Today I'm going for a flight and in the meantime I take an image for the flat field at 8MP. However, the crop from 8MP to 12Mp already removes the corners where the vignetting is more pronounced.

Reactions: gggggogi
Hi, your DNG photo was taken in 8MP resolution (3840x2160). My photo has 12MP resolution (4096x3076). Today I'm going for a flight and in the meantime I take an image for the flat field at 8MP. However, the crop from 8MP to 12Mp already removes the corners where the vignetting is more pronounced.
I updated the google drive folder with the two flat fields (8MP and 12MP). I also attach the arp file (remove json extension) for the ART image settings that I worked out.

GDRIVE

Attachments

• MAX_0150.DNG.arp.json
    11.9 KB · Views: 2
  • MAX_0150.jpg
    MAX_0150.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
I updated the google drive folder with the two flat fields (8MP and 12MP). I also attach the arp file (remove json extension) for the ART image settings that I worked out.

GDRIVE
You are my hero! Thanks for putting in all the effort. It works flwalessly. A new lease on life with my Nano+ Regards, Ramon

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials