Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

I made a Nano+ Adobe Camera Raw camera profile for Lightroom, Photoshop

thelimey

Reaction score
I see that RAW conversion in Adobe products is a common challenge, so I made a custom camera profile for the Nano+ by shooting a color calibration card and using that to create a Digital Camera Profile (DCP) file. I get far better colors with it in Lightroom vs. the built-in profile.

Download and instructions on my website here: Autel Nano+ Adobe Camera RAW profile for Lightroom, Photoshop | Lodge Photo

Many thanks for this. Im really struggling to see how to actually use this in photshop cs5.
If anyone could give a step by step guide that would be appreciated.
Ive saved the file into the correct folder, but after that i ma bit stuck

Open the DNG in Adobe Camera Raw. Under the histogram is the Profile setting
Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 6.06.56 PM.png
Click on the icon to the right -- the three squares and the magnifying glass. That opens the Profile Browser
Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 6.07.35 PM.png
The current one is shown in blue. Click on "Mathew XL724", so it looks like this:
Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 6.07.43 PM.png
And then click on "Back" under the Histogram to exit the Profile Browser.
Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 6.13.52 PM.png

Reactions: bluenoes
Many thanks again.
Maybe my CS5 isnt going to work, or Im completely useless at this, but when i open a dng, i get this, with nowhere I can seem to make the changers.

1648327858476.png

No problem, thanks for your help so far, i'll keep digging the internet for answers :)

Oh, Ive found it :)

Thanks very much, look so much better

All the reds were yellow before applying your profile!

1648387720812.png

Reactions: thelimey
Raw with profile vs jpeg SOC, can we please have a response from autel on this issue?

Attachments

• MAX_0006 (Custom).JPG
    MAX_0006 (Custom).JPG
    789.8 KB · Views: 26
  • MAX_0006 AutelPilots Profile (Custom).jpg
    MAX_0006 AutelPilots Profile (Custom).jpg
    723.2 KB · Views: 28
I see that RAW conversion in Adobe products is a common challenge, so I made a custom camera profile for the Nano+ by shooting a color calibration card and using that to create a Digital Camera Profile (DCP) file. I get far better colors with it in Lightroom vs. the built-in profile.

Download and instructions on my website here: Autel Nano+ Adobe Camera RAW profile for Lightroom, Photoshop | Lodge Photo

Will this profile still work in different lighting conditions?

Thanks!

Raw with profile vs jpeg SOC, can we please have a response from autel on this issue?
Might help making removal of the strong vignetting and correcting the distortion towards the corners your first post-processing steps.

Might help making removal of the strong vignetting and correcting the distortion towards the corners your first post-processing steps.
pointless to bother wasting time on that since the colour issues is the biggest and hardest issue to correct

pointless to bother wasting time on that since the colour issues is the biggest and hardest issue to correct
Any idea why basic lens corrections like vignette removal are always a first-step part of the development process?
If you ever did infrared photography with a lens causing a hotspot, you'd know. ;)
Reason: Tweaking the RAW often causes the vignette part to change in an uneven way, partly changes it's colors, introduces grain, banding and/or stronger contrasts. This often makes the vignette or parts of it even more prominent and impossible to remove. :/
I found the native tools for vignette removal of e. g. Affinity Photo doing a quite good job at development stage. Not perfect as you can see in my sample shot in the "Why you should ..." thread. But easy to deal with later.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58