Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO Lite DNG Color Profiles

mvarney82

Reaction score
DNG (RAW) files from both the EVO Lite and the Nano+ suffer from colored vignetting (falloff) as well as general color inaccuracy. These issues seem to be related to the lens design as well as the unusual RYYB image sensor.
Others have created camera profiles (DCP) for using the Nano+ files in Lightroom, but those don't work in Capture One, my primary photo editor. They also don't fix the colored vignetting (more on that later).
I finally got around to creating my own color profile (ICC) and lens cast correction profile (LCC) for use in Capture One. The results, with very slight additional tweaking, are very similar to those from JPEGs produced in the aircraft.
I've attached a ZIP file containing the ICC file, DCP file (for Lightroom), Capture One preset file, and LCC file. I've also included a couple of before-and-after examples of DNG files with and without ICC and LCC corrections.

Install the files in these locations:
Mac
ICC:
[User]/Library/ColorSync/Profiles
Preset and LCC: [User]/Library/Application Support/Capture One/PresetsXX/LCC
("XX" in "PresetsXX" will vary depending on which version of Capture One is installed.)
DCP: See This

Windows
ICC:
Right-click the file and choose "Install Profile."
Preset and LCC: C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Local\CaptureOne\PresetsXX\LCC
("XX" in "PresetsXX" will vary depending on which version of Capture One is installed.)
DCP: See This

I produced the ICC and DCP using a ColorChecker Passport Photo 2 and the ColorChecker Camera Calibration app. Procedure is similar to this:
(Only difference is that I attached the "No Color Correction" ICC profile, instead of Adobe RGB, to the 16-bit TIFF. Someone recommended this, and it does seem to produce a more accurate result.)
I also shot a full frame of a whiteboard and used Capture One's LCC tool to produce a profile for removing the colored vignetting. For my example images, I set Uniform Light around 70 to retain a small amount of light falloff, while removing the color cast.
The DCP file works as expected in Lightroom. I was also able to use the whiteboard photo as a calibration frame in Lightroom's "Flat-Field Correction" feature. This is clunkier than Capture One's approach (it seems to rewrite all of the RAW files with the applied correction), but it does work. I will include the calibration frame here if someone knows how to remove the GPS coordinates from a DNG (I shot it on my own property).

Attachments

• EVO_Lite_Color_Profiles_7Jun23.zip
    286 KB · Views: 9
  • MAX_0056_1 (DNG unedited).jpg
    MAX_0056_1 (DNG unedited).jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 12
  • MAX_0056_2 (DNG ICC+LCC).jpg
    MAX_0056_2 (DNG ICC+LCC).jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 9
  • MAX_0056_3 (DNG ICC+LCC+basic edit).jpg
    MAX_0056_3 (DNG ICC+LCC+basic edit).jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 13