Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

My First Pre-Order Ever

It took 3 days to get this message. Hopefully its not on one of those slow boats from China :)

"Despatched to overseas (Country code: CA) For more information on tracking, click here Singapore Post "

Mine is in NJ also, it is scheduled to be here on the 18th. It literally did take a slow boat from China. These were shipped by container ship by the looks of it. it took 6 days from HK to NJ. You have to check the DHL site to see tracking and to get notices.

Mine is being shipped by Canada Post. If I input the tracking number into Canada post tracking it is behind any info that Singapore Post is giving me. I am guessing a 6 week trip to my place.

Had a email for my tracking this morning. I was very surprised it is in Canada already but I also got another surprise that they want duty and taxes. Government need there share I guess.

"
The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) has determined that you'll need to pay duty and/or taxes when you receive your item. It will be delivered with a CBSA Postal Import Form detailing the applied amount.

Duty and taxes owing:
$42.88 CAD

You can pay your duty and taxes to the delivery agent or at the post office when you receive your package.

Had a email for my tracking this morning. I was very surprised it is in Canada already but I also got another surprise that they want duty and taxes. Government need there share I guess.

"
The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) has determined that you'll need to pay duty and/or taxes when you receive your item. It will be delivered with a CBSA Postal Import Form detailing the applied amount.

Duty and taxes owing:
$42.88 CAD

You can pay your duty and taxes to the delivery agent or at the post office when you receive your package.
Well, the duty fees sure suck, but I pay health insurance. :p
I received mine the other day. I just played with some settings in the house. I have not had much time with it but it seems to be an autofocus app so far. I am sure there is more to it when I dig into it.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
The gizmo arrived via USPS this PM, it sat in Atlanta for 3 days for whatever reason. Now to see if it actually works...

My Gizmo came this morning. Some issues updating it but once I smacked it a couple of time it took the update. This was with my Android phone. I wanted to also use my Ipad but it wanted to update the firmware again. Guessing you can't have two different OS devices. Charging it up took some time. When the light finally went out the app said it was only 95% charged. No idea why.

Very cold morning but still managed to walk down the park to test it out. Not sure how I feel about it yet. Seems to be slow to get things done and when your feet and hands are freezing thats not good.
The long exposure seems to be hit or miss. Multi focus tells me to set camera to "A" so I did. Went to take the shot and it asked me again to set the camera to "A". Ended up turning everything off and back on again it it worked. Again kind of a pain in the butt when you freezing.
Here are a few pictures I took and tweaked in lightroom.

DSC_0243-Edit-2.jpg

DSC_0247-Edit.jpg

DSC_0251-Edit.jpg

Good to hear that your Gizmo arrived, I have not progressed beyond the charging stage, which took forever. It would seem that a USB battery pack might be a wise move, lots of choices on Amazon, any thoughts on a good one ?

I bought this one when it was on sale for 16 bucks for charging my Anafi batteries. Not sure how well it will work on the Arsenal. I Also have a Fast charge wall adapter that I used to charge it yesterday and it was still slow to charge. Not sure if it excepts fast charging? For the first time my new phone seemed to drain pretty fast and got down to around 20%. Might have been just from the cold but a power bank I think is a must out in the field to top everything off or just keep them going :)

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00MUJAQG2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

More testing today.
Very relaxing day. nice walk in the bush to a great spot to catch salmon and rainbow trout in the spring. No flies to bug you so it was a perfect day :)

e3VSBzW.jpg

ELptWJ5.jpg

P4ykwry.jpg

fdocJtK.jpg

Hkeujld.jpg

yGV4laA.jpg

Thanks
The Gizmo is not perfect by no means but it has made a few things much easier for me on camera settings instead of trying to find the right one on the camera. The firmware is no where near being prime time as some of the best options are still missing. This last time everything seemed to run faster for processing the image. The one annoying part is trying to find the final image on your camera SD card. When looking at it through your phone it is mark with letters "LE" meaning a long exposure but that is not transfered onto the card. Not sure what the iOS app is like but I had no way to save the photos to my Android phone. I finally downloaded a program that allowed me to open them and save to my phones photo library. This then allows me to share my photos after I get home on WiFi instead of using up all my data.
I heard one of the biggest problems is trying to make it work with all the different brands of cameras. I see a lot of people b!tching about Sony cameras. I'm sure they just need time to fine tune it or some China company will clone it and do it better. LOL

Thanks for the tip on the USB battery pack, will deliver tomorrow, have enjoyed your pics. Did you use a tripod ? I got the impression that handheld shots would be a challenge for the Gizmo.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
After reading some of the posts on the Kickstarter page I guess we are pretty lucky to have ours already. Some of the first backers still have not got theirs. Doing some reading I guess the final image is not transfered to the SDcard in the camera and it is still a work in progress. The only option is to share the file or save it on your phone.

New App update and firmware. Nothing to special for my camera. Find the multiple focus needs work. If you have more then two spots to focus on it take for ever to set everything up. Not a setting to use if you are going for that golden sunset moment LOL

DSC_0366-HDRb-2.jpg

DSC_0372-HDRB-2.jpg

Reactions: wernerjb
Noticed that Arsenal's Ryan has not had any news to report since Oct. 10. So... no news is good news ??
Have not been able to get outside to give the Gizmo a trial run, non-stop rain and the mosquito air force will not allow it. Was going to try some indoor shots of the dog, he is just not interested.

FEDERAL DART @ Thunder Bay Harbor

DSC_0412-1B.jpg

Waking Up The Giant
DSC_0414B.jpg

The Thunder Bay Main Lighthouse just off-shore at Prince Arthur's Landing
OwFtEH8.jpg

RESKO-Bulk carrier @ Richardson elevator Thunder Bay
Flag The Bahamas
DSC_0415C-HDR.jpg

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics