Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Mount help

Brendan688

Reaction score
Hello, I recently purchased my first Autel, the Evo 2 Pro with the rugged GPC case. I want to add a tablet, and leaning heavily towards the Tripltek 8. I’m hoping someone could give me some advice on a mount that would fit in the GPC case and quick setup/breakdown. Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

Hello, I recently purchased my first Autel, the Evo 2 Pro with the rugged GPC case. I want to add a tablet, and leaning heavily towards the Tripltek 8. I’m hoping someone could give me some advice on a mount that would fit in the GPC case and quick setup/breakdown. Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

Welcome to the world of Autel...where nothing is quite as simple or as easy as it should be. What ended up being the perfect tablet holder for me was to buy the GPC tablet holder and cut off the ends of the clamp since it was totally useless for holding my iPad mini, then bolt it to the clamp from a Mavic Pro tablet holder which has the proper sized clamps for an iPad mini. So, it ended up being a horrible looking amalgamation that should never have had to exist, yet @advexure refuses to change the design of their tablet holder (and yes I did notify them that their current one is useless for smaller tablets), and the other holders did not fold properly into the GPC case.

Below are pictures of my setup. I leave the iPad cable attached to the holder arm so setup is pretty fast, the tablet I keep in the lower level. If you want to find out the other "surprises" that await you in the Autel world, my user experience thread may help you get started.

I still miss the lanyard holder from my DJI days, the GPC mount does have an eyelet for one but I would need to first use some high strength fishing line to tie into a ring which I could then connect the bottom half of a lanyard to.....so far I haven't felt inclined to do so but it is possible to add a lanyard to the mount.

TabletHolder-EVOII (2).jpg

TabletHolder-EVOII (3).jpg

TabletHolder-EVOII (5).jpg

TabletHolder-EVOII (6).jpg

TabletHolder-EVOII (7).jpg

TabletHolder-EVOII (8).jpg

Last edited:
This is by no means the “cheap” solution but it’s a good one!

We made a case to fit the LifThor tablet holder mounted on the controller.

Case: Empire Drone EVO II Case™ by GPC
LifThor Tablet Holder: LifThor Mjølnir EVO Tablet Holder

This is by no means the “cheap” solution but it’s a good one!

We made a case to fit the LifThor tablet holder mounted on the controller.

Case: Empire Drone EVO II Case™ by GPC
LifThor Tablet Holder: LifThor Mjølnir EVO Tablet Holder

The LifThor solution was definitely my holder of choice when I was looking for holders but at the time no cases would fit it when it was attached. The LifThor is even cheaper than the GPC but way higher quality and it fixes the closing handles problem; definitely the way I would go if I were starting over.

thanks, I was checking out the Empire Drone case in the classifieds. My only issue would be I want to also use a backpack carrier and use my phone as a screen (during hikes or walking around a new area). I’m thinking now that my best solution might be the smart controller in the case and the regular remote in the backpack.

Reactions: Volatus Drones

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain