Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo II Pro v2 with New TriplTek 8 Pro - Can't Operate Camera

Jim Brammer

Reaction score
I just purchased a TriplTek 8 Pro to use with my Evo II Pro v2. Using the TriplTek 8 Pro, I opened the Android version of Autel Explorer, powered on and connected to the Evo II Pro v2 RC and aircraft, but the Autel Explorer App looks strange - when I click the arrow up at bottom right of the screen to access the camera settings, the Camera Parameters Panel is blank. And, the three buttons on the right side (Album, Shot/Record and Shoot/Record Swap) are all greyed out and cannot be used.

Please see attached file for screenshot of Autel Explorer app on my TriplTek.

BTW - Before purchasing the TriplTek 8 Pro, I was using an iPhone 13 and/or an iPad mini with the Autel Explorer app, and everything worked fine. As a check, I switched back again to the iPhone after having trouble with the TriplTek 8 and everything still works fine on the iPhone, so the problem seems to be isolated to the TripTek.

Has anyone out there experienced this problem when using the TriplTek 8 Pro (or any other Android tablet for that matter) with Autel Explorer?

Here's my setup:
Autel Evo II Pro v2 and standard RC with firmware v2.2.5
TriplTek 8 Pro with Android v10
Autel Explorer Android V1.1.8.3

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Attachments

• Autel Explorer Camera Panels Markup.jpg
    Autel Explorer Camera Panels Markup.jpg
    983.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Update: After posting this, I reached out to TriplTek and they suggested that I try a different cable to connect the TripleTek 8 to my Autel Evo II standard Remote Controller. And . . . it WORKED! Turns out that the cable causing the problem was a coiled cable, which came with the Lifthor monitor mount that I use on the standard RC for my Evo II Pro. Moral of the story: if you have this problem, don’t overlook the cable.

Reactions: Detritalgeo
Update: After posting this, I reached out to TriplTek and they suggested that I try a different cable to connect the TripleTek 8 to my Autel Evo II standard Remote Controller. And . . . it WORKED! Turns out that the cable causing the problem was a coiled cable, which came with the Lifthor monitor mount that I use on the standard RC for my Evo II Pro. Moral of the story: if you have this problem, don’t overlook the cable.
Always use USB to USB-C cable and will work with Tripltek.
Seems that MicroUsb to Usb-C have issues from Lifthor.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller