Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Considering Tripltek - Which Mount

MattMPA

Reaction score
With my Smart Controller dead and no way to repair. I am considering either using my iPhone 14 Max Pro or perhaps getting a Tripltek.

If I go for the tablet, is there a mount for the standard controller that is better than another? I know, I want it all...but would prefer it to still fit in the rugged case and not need all sorts of assembly each time.

Also, does the Android version of the Autel software show the over exposure Zebra bars? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: MNT DRONE SOLUTIONS
I recommend the Tripltek 8 pro or 9 pro along with the sky fire aerial tablet mounting solution. Its the easiest to get on/off with no tools and a very nice bit a kit.. You cant use crystalskys anymore with the newer autel apps.. that ship has sailed..

Reactions: Junior and EBERLS
Well, today I did a test. Seems my new iPhone 14 Max Pro has a max 2000 nits brightness. That's brighter than the Tripltek, if I see correctly. Anyhow - it all worked well. All features worked on the standard Evo controller, in fact, I think this combination actually works better than the S/C.

the trouble sometimes is sustained brightness.. meaning a few things.. a phone or tablet generally can only do high brightness so long because of power consumption and overheating.. where the Industrial tablets can run in extreme heat environments as well as extreme cold.. try to run a phone or tablet in zero degrees or colder.. soon as the battery gets cold your done and the phone or tablet goes dead... in the opposite scenario the phone or tablet gets too hot on a hot day and shuts down.. or drops the brightness down a ton... the industrial tablet have frames in them that act like heatsinks so they can deal with the heat.. they also have huge batteries so you can use them for weeks at a time for flying without even having to charge them sometimes.. in the end if what your doing with your phone or tablet works fine for you.. your obviously good.. for other folks filming all the time in all sorts of crazy conditions it's worth it to get something like a tripletek.. different strokes for different folks..

Reactions: Junior and EBERLS
the trouble sometimes is sustained brightness.. meaning a few things.. a phone or tablet generally can only do high brightness so long because of power consumption and overheating.. where the Industrial tablets can run in extreme heat environments as well as extreme cold.. try to run a phone or tablet in zero degrees or colder.. soon as the battery gets cold your done and the phone or tablet goes dead... in the opposite scenario the phone or tablet gets too hot on a hot day and shuts down.. or drops the brightness down a ton... the industrial tablet have frames in them that act like heatsinks so they can deal with the heat.. they also have huge batteries so you can use them for weeks at a time for flying without even having to charge them sometimes.. in the end if what your doing with your phone or tablet works fine for you.. your obviously good.. for other folks filming all the time in all sorts of crazy conditions it's worth it to get something like a tripletek.. different strokes for different folks..
Yes - understood. Didn't do a long test today....but went well. Anxious to try a longer test.

I recommend the Tripltek 8 pro or 9 pro along with the sky fire aerial tablet mounting solution. Its the easiest to get on/off with no tools and a very nice bit a kit.. You cant use crystalskys anymore with the newer autel apps.. that ship has sailed..
Hi dotster, I use the Sky Fire Aerial Tripltek mount, works great.

Regards,
Richard

Reactions: Junior
With my Smart Controller dead and no way to repair. I am considering either using my iPhone 14 Max Pro or perhaps getting a Tripltek.

If I go for the tablet, is there a mount for the standard controller that is better than another? I know, I want it all...but would prefer it to still fit in the rugged case and not need all sorts of assembly each time.

Also, does the Android version of the Autel software show the over exposure Zebra bars? Thanks in advance.
Yes it shows the over exposure stripes

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan