Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Missing remote to iPhone connection cable!

superflyguy

Reaction score
I received my Evo II 6K Pro Rugged Bundle yesterday, such a great day :)...until I discovered there is no included cable to connect the controller w/ my iPhone which has a lightning connector :mad:. REALLY, How can this be? Anyway, now I'm wondering what my choices are. Page 74 of the Evo II series manual indicates that "SUPPORTED USB PORT TYPES: Lightning, micro USB, (Type-B), USB-C

If a cable exists will you please direct me to a vendor, and a specific part number? I'm itching to fly this bird (rather than return it for a refund.)

Thank you!

Mate my $400 FIMI X8 has one , I think it needs an OTG cable for the Evo

Because Autel didn't get the licensing from Apple to include it (and cost more for an already expensive drone).
Any lightning cable will do in the meantime
Just to clarify, I have a USB - lightning cable I use to charge the iPhone. That may work? (Unable to try for myself until later today.)

Really not to sure why a $1500 drone doesn’t include a lightning cable. I purchased a Mavic pro 30cm Otg cable and used the micro usb port
My guess it's something really simple that a newbee will find egg on his face once the solution becomes evident.

Just to clarify, I have a USB - lightning cable I use to charge the iPhone. That may work? (Unable to try for myself until later today.)
Yes, that will work. That’s what I use, Don’t let this minor problem ruin your first experiences with the Evo 2.

I picked up the Eve 2 Pro last month, probably one of my best drone purchases ever and I’ve made plenty. Here’s a picture taken last night off the rocky side of a mountain, with 3xzoom. Evo 2 Pro is great for rough terrain photography or video capturing wildlife.

Enjoy your Evo 2 Pro, don’t sweat the small stuff.

Paul

957E652E-0D2A-42EB-8F18-34F7B2CA7001.jpeg

Yes, that will work. That’s what I use, Don’t let this minor problem ruin your first experiences with the Evo 2.

I picked up the Eve 2 Pro last month, probably one of my best drone purchases ever and I’ve made plenty. Here’s a picture taken last night off the rocky side of a mountain, with 3xzoom. Evo 2 Pro is great for rough terrain photography or video capturing wildlife.

Paul

View attachment 7492
Your words of wisdom did not fall upon deaf ears, TY.

My guess it's something really simple that a newbee will find egg on his face once the solution becomes evident.

Thanks to those who helped me on this forum. I had it packed and ready to go back to the vendor, but now I'm ready to charge the controller and battery and try a USB to lightning cable.

Oh, BTW, this reply eventually came from Autel, but like I said, you folks were the early birds.

Thank you for reaching out! The EVO II Controller has a USB-A Port that you can connect a USB to Lightning Cable with. We do not manufacture iOS Cables at this time, so you will need to use a personal cable to connect your device from either of ports on the bottom of your RC.
Best,

Taylor B.

Customer Support Representative
[email protected]
AUTEL ROBOTICS
www.AutelRobotics.com

As I did research as part of my drone shopping, it was pretty clear to me that the Lightning cable was not included so this came as no surprise. I already had a handful at home but decided I would order (yet again) another one simply to have a patch cord with the right angle fitting. This seems to be better suited to the controller/iPhone/Pad set up anyway.

You were going to return the purchase because Autel doesn’t include a lightning cable???

You are either going to have to adjust your expectations towards the reality of being an early adopter of a phenomenal drone design that simply has its understandable maturity curve ahead of it, which will only make it that much more superior to anything else available today.

I have been flying mine since May after being a seven-year devotee of DJI products. Autel has already released two firmware upgrades since May and I am happily beta testing the 1.59 explorer app, which has phenomenal improvements already in this beta version.

Having to supply your own lightning cable is an infinitesimal price to pay to be able to enjoy this fantastic drone. Autel’s customer service is fantastic, DJI customer service is a contradiction in terms.... great drone great company, just enjoy it.

• Haha
Reactions: PingSpike
You were going to return the purchase because Autel doesn’t include a lightning cable???

You are either going to have to adjust your expectations towards the reality of being an early adopter of a phenomenal drone design that simply has its understandable maturity curve ahead of it, which will only make it that much more superior to anything else available today.

I have been flying mine since May after being a seven-year devotee of DJI products. Autel has already released two firmware upgrades since May and I am happily beta testing the 1.59 explorer app, which has phenomenal improvements already in this beta version.

Having to supply your own lightning cable is an infinitesimal price to pay to be able to enjoy this fantastic drone. Autel’s customer service is fantastic, DJI customer service is a contradiction in terms.... great drone great company, just enjoy it.

I did consider a return, but figured there had to be a work around. I did not initially understand that the issue could be solved simply by supplying a lightning cable. TY to those on this forum who responded to my request for help.

Have two of these, for use with iPad and iPhone on a M2 and E2,

They work without issue and are the correct length when using a tablet.

Reactions: Old Timer
Have two of these, for use with iPad and iPhone on a M2 and E2,

They work without issue and are the correct length when using a tablet.

I no longer an in need of a cable, but I tried that link u sent. It is currently unavailable.

I received my Evo II 6K Pro Rugged Bundle yesterday, such a great day :)...until I discovered there is no included cable to connect the controller w/ my iPhone which has a lightning connector :mad:. REALLY, How can this be? Anyway, now I'm wondering what my choices are. Page 74 of the Evo II series manual indicates that "SUPPORTED USB PORT TYPES: Lightning, micro USB, (Type-B), USB-C

If a cable exists will you please direct me to a vendor, and a specific part number? I'm itching to fly this bird (rather than return it for a refund.)

Thank you!
Yea, I figured they would've had one included also. I picked up one of these guys. Very nice build. Good luck.

Paul

View attachment 7492
Rabbit stew. Right up there with squirrel.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo