Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Getting files to PC from internal storage without compression

tarzan

Reaction score
My Evo II Pro kit (case, 2 batteries etc) did not come with a drone to USB cable, I have a controller to drone cable, a controller to USB, and the rest are charging cables.

I normally use a micro-SD, but I went to film a job and had left the MicroSD at home and so I used the internal storage. I need to get them to my PC to use in Adobe PP.

Is there a way to transfer them to the MicroSD Card in the drone?

When I selected download via phone/controller, it sent them to my iPhone, I transferred them to Google Drive (and selected original file size) but they look poor, obviously have been compressed.

Is there another option beside buying a cable? I'm not opposed, but I'm trying to save the 2 hours it will take me to go get one and come back.

Plus I hope there is a way to transfer from internal to MicroSD and this thread will help others if so.

Thanks for any tips

I've been on hold with Autel chat/text support for awhile now...

If you have a USB-C cable, the computer should recognize it (turn on the drone) ...then you can access via explorer to download on computer

Reactions: gschulzuio
For the record, Autel just said that there is no way to move files from the drone's internal storage to the MicroSD in the drone.

For the record, Autel just said that there is no way to move files from the drone's internal storage to the MicroSD in the drone.
would be nice if you could bt or wireless transfer files from your drone to computer.

What a pity, the Autel makes such Stupid mistakes and does not realize that they are making our life difficult trying to put up with lack of common sense on their part !
I am stuck with images on the Flash card that I badly need.
Just because of the very delicate Micro SD card door being so fragile we being careful not to further break it might lead to the Micro card not being fully seated at times.
**--** How about Autel makes a sliding door that can be glued - on out side over and above Micro SD card slot, simple design of nylon with a stick on tape. ( It's sliding door should slide from back of the drone to front to keep the door from opening in flight )
*-* Autel Common sense is a God given gift, use it or loose it !

**--** Yet another issue is with Beta 2.7.30 the GPS is taking awfully long to lock-in, I find myself waving the remote up in the air trying to lock the GPS in.

Where is my USB -C cable at least 4 feet long with USB- A to directly connect to my Laptop, my 4 other cables that I bought Do Not Work to directly transfer my Video and images from my Micro SD card. This way I never have to remove my delicate Micro SD card ! !
**--** I'm stuck with my pictures on Flash card and need them badly, help.

**--** Others keep saying just connect USB-C cable to drone and power up and the flash drive will show up in File browser, I have been trying with my Windows 10 Laptop failed to show up. Then I thought lets try my desk top with Windows 10, sorry don't show a thing, I even switched cables. It is a big Shame to Autel for failing to use their Brains with simple common sense issues where they failed miserably, I even sent them a message but to be honest , don't even expect a response from Autel, they have so many models out all incomplete without even first fixing the EVO2 Pro first, their basic " Crown Jewel " lacking common sense issues ! !

Last edited:
Please note i have just found out why this does not work. Currently it is a fat32 formated drive. For some reason the device itself is unable to visually show the files or even the files as hidden.
I found a work around:-
1. Download freeware software Altap Salamanda
2. Connect your drone via standard usb to usb-C cable
3. Open software
4. Navigate to drive and you will see the hidden folder DCIM
5. Tranfer your files to c: drive or alternatively cope onto the micro sd card

I don't know if this will help anyone else, but my problem was that I was apparently using cables that were meant for charging only and not data transfer (this is my theory anyway....). I noticed that one of the cables in my pile was quite a bit thicker than the ones I had been trying to use, and when I tried that one, I had no problems at all...

I don't know if this will help anyone else, but my problem was that I was apparently using cables that were meant for charging only and not data transfer (this is my theory anyway....). I noticed that one of the cables in my pile was quite a bit thicker than the ones I had been trying to use, and when I tried that one, I had no problems at all...
Thanks, this also worked for me. It was simple and as soon as I connected the cable it showed on my pc. I thought why not tried and it worked. Thanks again.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg