Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Phone losing connection to camera?

LeoJR

Reaction score
(Edited to clarify: I believe what I am calling a USB B connector is actually called a Micro USB. And what I am calling the USB C connector is the square connector on the controller that also accepts the USB B/Micro USB connector. Spoiler alert: It is the non-Autel cables connected to the USB A port on the controller.)

Evo 2 with the standard controller and using a samsung phone. Same phone I've used since the first day.
The 6 flights, everything worked as expected. During the last two sessions the phone screen would become a non-responsive black and white image. The controller still moved the craft as directed.
Last week this happened while on the ground so I rebooted the craft and the controller. It would seem fine until I got about 15 feet up and it would freeze. After 4 times I quit for the day.
Today it did the same thing but it got to 100' before it happened. Toggling the video/camera icon seemed to restore the live video.
4 GPS bars. Full charge on the phone, controller and craft's batteries. Start up and take off location is the same as most of all my other flights.
Today I saw a weak signal warning for a few seconds. The antennas were basically straight (horizontal) as the craft was directly overhead.
Any suggestions as to where to look for issues?
Thanks!

Edited 2021/06/06 11:47am to add: Tried two different USB A to B cables with much better results, though both gave a loss of video once in about 8 minutes of flight. The A end is at the controller. Used an Autel provided C to B cable but only had a few minutes of flight before the battery was exhausted but had no video connection issues. As others have suggested, this seems to be a cable issue. I do want to find a solution that lets me use the less fragile A connector on the controller.

Edited 2021/06/06 9:08pm to add: Bought a supposed quality USB A to B cable (Belkin) and it was giving me loss of video issues too. Used the Autel provided USB C (controller end) to USB B (Phone end) cable and had zero issues.

If you are still reading this, I still want to find a cable that lets me use the USB A connector on the controller with my samsung and also a cable to use the same with a ipad mini. If you have success with either of these, please let me know. Thanks!

Last edited:
Have you changed the usb cable between the radio and the Samsung?
Has there been a recent firmware update for the Samsung?

Evo 2 with the standard controller and using a samsung phone. Same phone I've used since the first day.
The 6 flights, everything worked as expected. During the last two sessions the phone screen would become a non-responsive black and white image. The controller still moved the craft as directed.
Last week this happened while on the ground so I rebooted the craft and the controller. It would seem fine until I got about 15 feet up and it would freeze. After 4 times I quit for the day.
Today it did the same thing but it got to 100' before it happened. Toggling the video/camera icon seemed to restore the live video.
4 GPS bars. Full charge on the phone, controller and craft's batteries. Start up and take off location is the same as most of all my other flights.
Today I saw a weak signal warning for a few seconds. The antennas were basically straight (horizontal) as the craft was directly overhead.
Any suggestions as to where to look for issues?
Thanks!
had same issue while using my Epson bt-300... usb cable was issue

Have you changed the usb cable between the radio and the Samsung?
Has there been a recent firmware update for the Samsung?
I don't recall changing cables but this is certainly a possibility that I should have remembered as I have read about others having cable issues. I did recently start using the bigger USB A port on the controller to connect the phone to. Thanks for the mental nudge to explore this further!

No firmware upgrade to any of the equipment. There is a notice that there is an autel update available but I want to sort out this issue before adding another variable to the equation.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58