Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Maybe the best 7" now 8" tablet for drone flying? TRIPLTEK

Yeah, thanks, but if I wanted to be lectured by someone I don't know or know anything about I'd go hit up a homeless person or crack whore.

I asked a simple question and was looking for a simple answer; not a lecture. I bet you're a blast at parties and memorial services. Sheesh.
HAAAAAAAA..... good stuff!!

Viewing video at 720p means you are throwing away video detail with this expensive tablet v. almost any other phone or tablet that's currently available. If you've gotten into this particular AEII drone for high quality photography, you may tend to fly primarily in the golden hours at dawn and sunset or on days with muted light, times when absolute monitor brightness isn't the be-all and end-all. Does it help you see better FPV, is the critical question Give me detail and color accuracy on my camera viewfinder-- any day-- over bulk and brightness. But that's just me,
Every solution does not apply to every person. For you, it seems you are more than happy with your phone over the tripltek. That’s great, don’t buy a tripltek for your use. However, I would be pretty confident in stating that a pretty big majority would love this device over any phone or tablet at this stage. I’m sure your search for a good solution will find something that works for you.

Every solution does not apply to every person. For you, it seems you are more than happy with your phone over the tripltek. That’s great, don’t buy a tripltek for your use. However, I would be pretty confident in stating that a pretty big majority would love this device over any phone or tablet at this stage. I’m sure your search for a good solution will find something that works for you.
Well put.

Reactions: Quad808
Ok, I measured the volts/amps using the Autel RC connected to the TRIPLTEK with and without the TRIPLTEK resistor cable.
Yes, it does limit charging to basically nothing. Here are the results:

TRIPLTEK tablet connected to a fast charger:
4.84v / 1.51A with resistor cable: 4.78v / 0.00A
TRIPLTEK wall charger that comes in the box:
4.91v / 1.93A with resistor cable: 4.87v / 0.00A
Autel EVO II RC:
5.06v / 0.51A with TRIPLTEK resistor cable: 5.01v / 0.00A
EVO I RC:
5.05v / 0.55A to 0.63A with TRIPLTEK resistor cable: 4.96v / 0.01A

For the testing I checked just straight charging with the tablet off, then on, then on with the explorer app running, and at full brightness. No difference on power draw at full brightness, and very, very slight increase with the tablet on, connected running the explorer app.

Ok, I measured the volts/amps using the Autel RC connected to the TRIPLTEK with and without the TRIPLTEK resistor cable.
Yes, it does limit charging to basically nothing. Here are the results:

TRIPLTEK tablet connected to a fast charger:
4.84v / 1.51A with resistor cable: 4.78v / 0.00A
TRIPLTEK wall charger that comes in the box:
4.91v / 1.93A with resistor cable: 4.87v / 0.00A
Autel EVO II RC:
5.06v / 0.51A with TRIPLTEK resistor cable: 5.01v / 0.00A
EVO I RC:
5.05v / 0.55A to 0.63A with TRIPLTEK resistor cable: 4.96v / 0.01A

For the testing I checked just straight charging with the tablet off, then on, then on with the explorer app running, and at full brightness. No difference on power draw at full brightness, and very, very slight increase with the tablet on, connected running the explorer app.
Just so I understand correctly. The Tripletek cable reduces the charging to nothing. What about a regular cable?

Just so I understand correctly. The Tripletek cable reduces the charging to nothing. What about a regular cable?
Regular cable without a resistor will allow charging to whatever amount the RC outputs and the tablet/phone, whichever brand, demands via USB. I believe some devices you can turn off charging via usb connection, but could be wrong...since if you do that and drain the battery of the tablet/phone device fully, you may not be able to charge it enough to turn it on. Not an expert on such things, so it could be the case that you can't turn off charging on your device via USB and need to use a cable with a resistor to minimize any charging.

We are waiting on Tripltek to send us a Demo unit for our department. Sounds like we will be happy with them and eventually purchase them. Our department just needs to see them tested in real world and running a few of our applications. Has anyone live streamed with the tablet yet?

We are waiting on Tripltek to send us a Demo unit for our department. Sounds like we will be happy with them and eventually purchase them. Our department just needs to see them tested in real world and running a few of our applications. Has anyone live streamed with the tablet yet?
If you test them with and without the anti-glare shield I would like to hear your opinion.

Reactions: BradM75
I tested in sun without the anti-glare screen...while the "naked" screen is much more to my liking...clear, colors are a bit better and not washed out as much, you get all the glare again....which is not that bad unless you are not shading the screen somewhat...which kind of defeats the purpose of this great tablet. Removing the attached anti-glare screen is not hard at all, just use a credit card and carefully peel it without breaking it. (glass) You can put it back on without much effort if you don't like the "naked" screen. TRIPLTEK does have clear screen protectors now, as well as replacement anti-glare screens for sale.

I tested in sun without the anti-glare screen...while the "naked" screen is much more to my liking...clear, colors are a bit better and not washed out as much, you get all the glare again....which is not that bad unless you are not shading the screen somewhat...which kind of defeats the purpose of this great tablet. Removing the attached anti-glare screen is not hard at all, just use a credit card and carefully peel it without breaking it. (glass) You can put it back on without much effort if you don't like the "naked" screen. TRIPLTEK does have clear screen protectors now, as well as replacement anti-glare screens for sale.
So you liked it best without the anti-glare screen?

Yes and no. Best looking as far as color and vibrancy without the anti-glare on there. In my opinion, the anti-glare hides the excellent screen...no way around it, I think. This is why when you watch reviews comparing this to the DJI Crystal Sky, (without anti-glare screen) the Crystal Sky looks so much better as far as color and vibrancy goes. This has an excellent screen, so its a trade off....you want to use it in sunlight, you almost have to use it with the anti-glare on....think of your phone or any other tablet without an anti-glare screen on...looks great right? Same with this tablet. If you can get away with using it without the anti-glare on, I think there is no comparison.
Hope that makes sense. Attached is a shot of the 6G and 8G screens side by side. The 6G on the right, I took off the anti-glare screen. Not the best pic, but I think you get the idea of how the anti-glare screen works.

*what I would LOVE is to have an easily removable anti-glare screen, so you could use it when you need it, or take if off when you don't. Hmmm.....I have to work on this....have an idea, but needs some thought.

Attachments

• 20210206_150214.jpg
    20210206_150214.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: Eagle928
Thank you. Seeing the two side by side tells me what I needed to know. I will be leaving the screen on since I use it in the sun so much more than not. If there is shade available I'll still use it but it's good to not need it.

Reactions: Quad808
Just received my mount for the lifthor bracket. Very happy with this better mounting bracket and still super happy with the tripltek monitor

One reviewer claimed it would not run the EVO II App. Said it would lag or totally lock up. Also said they are working on a fix. Captain Drone said it was a easy fix but I have yet to find any info on a fix.
Just thought I would throw that out there if you are considering this unit for a larger display.

If you know what the fix is please post it in the comments.
Thanks
No problem with mine, arrived yesterday. Works fine. Runs Explorer app fine, nice and bright.

Mine also works flawlessly. I do remember reading about the issue you are talking about and the fix is in that same thread. It is an issue that has also been corrected by tripltek

@Anzacjack how much does this setup weight? Looks a bit bulky, if you hold it for extended period of time, even with a lanyard. Also, what was the total $$ for the whole thing (mount + tablet + amplifier)? Looks like nice setup overall.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo