Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Maybe the best 7" now 8" tablet for drone flying? TRIPLTEK

do you guys have that mount. Im currently waiting for my order to be dispatched and would love to get that as well. I allready have the lifthor evo mount, and would just need the part that will hold your monitor

Ive sent an email also

do you guys have that mount. Im currently waiting for my order to be dispatched and would love to get that as well. I allready have the lifthor evo mount, and would just need the part that will hold your monitor

Ive sent an email also
Refure to post #94 above!
Mount not released yet.

Ordered my Tripltek on the weekend and according to tracking I’ll have it tomorrow (cleared customs this afternoon). Pretty fantastic delivery time. It takes me 8 days to get anything from within Australia. Looking forward to trying the beast out. I don’t think there are many here in Australia.

HEADS UP WARNING, I need to call Tripletek tomorrow, Autel App freezes and stops working as well as will not send email. Not sure if this is significant or minor, will advise after i call. I did try to uninstall and reinstall 3 times but the same issue. Runs for few minutes then screen just freezes and get a display close App or wait. Hooked up my Iphone and no issues running App on Ios. Just reinstalled that on iphone to make sure both apps are same. Tripletek Android Issue and not a Apple Ios issue.

Up until today it was 100% flawless and then Bam

Interesting. Which tripltek do you have?
Just finished setting mine up and will test fly after work today

HEADS UP WARNING, I need to call Tripletek tomorrow, Autel App freezes and stops working as well as will not send email. Not sure if this is significant or minor, will advise after i call. I did try to uninstall and reinstall 3 times but the same issue. Runs for few minutes then screen just freezes and get a display close App or wait. Hooked up my Iphone and no issues running App on Ios. Just reinstalled that on iphone to make sure both apps are same. Tripletek Android Issue and not a Apple Ios issue.

Up until today it was 100% flawless and then Bam
Bob, go to the Play Store and find the Google-text-to-speech APP. Update the APP or install it if you don't have it and the problem will go away

So all you Drone fans how is that for a quick response. I have had nothing but praise for them!

Reactions: TRIPLTEK
Tripletek, keep that up and you will be the only tablet anyone will buy. I swear to that. We love ya!

Just flown 3 batteries with my new tripltek. Only issue was a little lag when zooming in and out. Other than that, perfect and I’m very happy

It is fixed with the Google text to speech download. See thread post # 113. Love the Tripltek, be the Triplek, feel the Tripltek!

Ok Gang,
I was fortunate to be contacted by TRIPLTEK to review their new Pro 8G tablet. I already have the 6G "normal" version, which works great. I do not fly professionally, so if you want a great review, take a look at this video review...it tells you just about all you need to know about the Pro version vs the normal version. These are good tablets, and TRIPLTEK support is outstanding. I know this is an Autel forum, but I do have some things more for you guys to look at. They sent me tablet holder adapters, and I purchased the .stl file for 3D printers for a holder to use the TRIPLTEK with either a DJI Mavic Air 2 or Mini 2 RC. After working with them to fix the .stl, I can say that it is solid and works really well, holds the tablet solid in the RC. For $4.99, you can't go wrong, or you can purchase the printed one from them if you don't have access to a 3D printer. Here is the video review from Captain Drone, it's excellent.
Instead of adding all my pictures one by one, I will zip them so you guys can download them and take a look. The tablet holder I have found that works great with the Autel RC, with my RC mod works really, really well and is very sturdy, brings the weight towards your body - making the RC much more balanced and you can see both the TRIPLTEK tablet and the RC screen at the same time. The LifThor is great as well, but this just gives you a different way to do things. The mod to the RC if very small...easy on, easy off. I also found two things...one is a USB 90 degree extension cable for the Autel RC and the other is a 90 degree USB-C elbow for the TRIPLTEK tablet that fit perfectly. Links at the end of this post.

The TRIPLTEK comes with a great anti-glare screen that works really well, but I have found that it covers the EXCELLENT screen, and the screen looks not so sharp, and the colors are somewhat muted. I removed the screen protector carefully with a credit card...its easy and you can easily put it back on if you want to. The difference in the screen is amazing in color vibrancy and sharpness. In doing so, no it won't work as well in direct sunlight, but I will choose to leave it off for now...the tablet screen looks great without it. TRIPLTEK tells me that they will have lots of options available for the tablet soon, including clear screen protectors and many more mounts available for it.

The Pro version of the table comes with Android 9 installed, and it is faster than the normal version which comes with Android 8.1. Boots and runs faster. Not by much, but it is. I have had zero issues with the normal 6G version. Both of these tablets easily accept a Samsung 256G microSD card, even though the TRIPLTEK manual says only 128G can work in the 6G.

So having both side by side, what would I buy if I didn't have one already? If you have the $, of course go for the faster Pro version. If you already have the 6G model, should you upgrade to the Pro? I don't think its necessary at all. Yes, the Pro model is faster, but not a huge difference for what I use it for. Both models are running anything I throw at them, without issue. You can use any home screen loader, such as Nova Launcher. They are both fully customizable. The screens are the same on both models. DPI of the screens are the following and can be changed in the screen settings via Settings-->Display-->Display size, or via Developer options Smallest width option. Display size DPI from left to right - Small, Default, Large, Larger and Largest 632/533(default)/460/399/355 DPI.
For my eyes, 632 is too small, 533 default is about right, or maybe 460. You can change to the one that works best for your eyes. Changing DPI has no effect on the quality of the video playback...the higher the number the more things you can fit on the screen, or the smaller everything is on screen.

As others are finding out, TRIPLTEK support is outstanding, and they listen to their customers intently and want to make their tablets the go to standard for drone fliers. I think they are succeeding, even though these things are built like tanks!
Links:
USB-C to USB-C 90 degree elbow: Amazon.com: Cellularize USB C Up & Down Adapter (2 Pack) 3.1/10Gbps Type C 90 Degree Angle Male to Female Extension for Nintendo Switch, Laptop, Tablet, Mobile Phone: Electronics
USB 3.0 90 degree extension for Autel RC: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F7Y21GW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Excellent tablet holder, light weight - but great design and strong: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085TC9RFM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
TRIPLTEK .stl file for the Mavic Air 2/Mini 2 RC: 3D Printer FILE STL for Mavic Air 2/Mini2 Mount | TRIPLTEK

Let me know if you guys have any questions and I will try and answer if I can. I have two weeks to check out the 8G model before I have to decide if I want to keep it, or send it back to them.

*and I have to add...NO I do not work for TRIPLTEK, but it sure seems that way! I am just another drone flier like you guys, that loves my Autel drones and like to share good products that I find.

Attachments

• Tripltek 8G.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Nice review of great product. I’ve flown 8 batteries now and super happy with the 8gb version. I also took the screen projector off. Working great in the Australian sun

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lmccaskill