Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Ludicrous mode gaining elevation is too slow.

FWIW, a number of Mavics have a known issue where they lose altitude just hovering in place (among other various issues while hovering), and they don't gain it back, as a matter of fact they still read as being at the same altitude. My point being they all have quirks, at least Autel recognized it and made sure the drone would correct when stopped or slowed. Any drone moving forward is sacrificing vertical lift to do so, the faster the horizontal speed, the more vertical lift sacrificed to reach and maintain it. This is even more amplified with heavier drones. I guess the important thing, as someone already mentioned, is to be aware of your drones flight tendencies and make sure you compensate when needed.

Last edited:
FWIW, a number of Mavics have a known issue where they lose altitude just hovering in place (among other various issues while hovering), and they don't gain it back, as a matter of fact they still read as being at the same altitude. My point being they all have quirks, at least Autel recognized it and made sure the drone would correct when stopped or slowed. Any drone moving forward is sacrificing vertical lift to do so, the faster the horizontal speed, the more vertical lift sacrificed to reach and maintain it. This is even more amplified with heavier drones. I guess the important thing, as someone already mentioned, is to be aware of your drones flight tendencies and make sure you compensate when needed.

Thats more to do with VPS and IMU calibration being off, it also has a tendency to drift when it cant make out whats what of the ground. Barometer on the mavic can also sometimes return a negative value when you land but by at that point VPS has already kicked in. Another strange thing is the App doesnt seem to give any detailed status of the IMU/Compass the way others do. It flies fine but am I relying on the app to tell me when one is due?

You're correct in the pilot being aware of the drone's flight tendencies/characteristics, but I think the assumption is this only occurs in Ludicrous mode which I found isnt necessarily true. It's more prevalent in ludicrous mode as you're pushing the craft to its limits, but can also occur in Standard. Another observation, you need to disable OA for it to increase to 33mph, I dont recall the app mentioning this, but similar to the Mavic where OA on = 18mph, off = 31mph. OA will also re-engage on the Evo if you switch back to standard mode 22mph even if you disabled it prior.

The thing with wind is you may just wish to avoid it totally and thats fine, but you need to know how to fly in it and how your craft will respond or else you may make a very expensive mistake. Wind can kick up at any time and in any direction, particularly when grabbing those awe-inspiring scenic shots over the ocean.

Reactions: YuKay
I have a bad new. I was filming a sunrise from the foothills. My autel have ran out of battery at 30m. Broke my gimbal. I tried to manually bring the drone down. But it was not fastest enough from 800m with a 45% battery.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58