Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Looking for a landing gear extensions that might fit on the premium

slbynum

Reaction score
Has anyone found out if any of the Phantom Series landing gears extensions fit on the premium? I loved the polar pro landing gear that fit on my phantom 3A that I used to own. It sure gives more stability when landing on not perfect surface conditions.

I have a set of 3D printed ones from a website that makes the specifically for either of Autels drones. Hypedphoto.com/dronemods/ I have the 2 piece not the 4 piece one, a lot of others here would say not to bother though and just hand catch if possible. :)

Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Squirrel!
I have a set of 3D printed ones from a website that makes the specifically for either of Autels drones. Hypedphoto.com/dronemods/ I have the 2 piece not the 4 piece one, a lot of others here would say not to bother though and just hand catch if possible. :)

Nice to get camera off the ground more when taking off too. Dual purpose.

IMG_0429.JPG IMG_0430.JPG I made myself a 24x24 pad out of some crafting pine with removable legs for easy transport. Can strap it to a backpack or the rugged case. Used black vinyl shelf paper for the + and O ring then heavy coating of polyurethane to weatherproof it. Great for most any surface, keeps dirt and debris from the XSP.

View attachment 909 View attachment 910 I made myself a 24x24 pad out of some crafting pine with removable legs for easy transport. Can strap it to a backpack or the rugged case. Used black vinyl shelf paper for the + and O ring then heavy coating of polyurethane to weatherproof it. Great for most any surface, keeps dirt and debris from the XSP.
That is nice but, I would rather not carry that around, and only use as a hobby right now, also AZ is very rocky [emoji3] in a lot of places I fly from.

Florida is pretty flat...lol. Rocks will be an issue...just FYI this pad is ultra light but I intend to make it better by hinging the middle to fold in half, I prepped for it with the brace in the middle for now and making the top from two pieces...will update when I get that done.

the other pads out there are just material and wouldn't help you at all...practice hand grabs while hovering is probably your best bet...grab and power off motors with other hand.

Reactions: jchasa
Is there a risk with hand grabs?
Other than getting your face chewed up and becoming permantly blinded, naw, no risks at all.
Hey, I'm an old coot, and I do it a lot, and my face, as ugly as it is...is still intact. Humm, if I did get my face chewed up, it might be an improvement.

I always hand catch. Properly done, I see no risk. The benefit is no damage to the drone or dust if landing in those conditions.

I've heard it's possible to hand launch. But I've not tried that yet.

I made two lightweight landing/launching pads. I never use them. If I'm worried about ground conditions I launch off the hard case.

Reactions: KentA
I always hand catch. Properly done, I see no risk. The benefit is no damage to the drone or dust if landing in those conditions.

I've heard it's possible to hand launch. But I've not tried that yet.

I made two lightweight landing/launching pads. I never use them. If I'm worried about ground conditions I launch off the hard case.

I don't understand your post. First you said you always hand catch and then you say you heard it is possible to hand catch. Which is it? You either do or you don't LOL

The second comment was actually that it's possible to hand "launch". I haven't tried hand launching but could see it being possible since once you let go of the stick it hovers you should only need to give momentary throttle and release the stick...worth a ground test to see if she hovers an inch or two off the ground that way.

Ah I missed the hand launch and no that is a big no. The IMU needs to be as level as you can get it. That is why Autel suggests you never launch from a boat on rough water. The accelerometer cannot calibrate itself properly at start up.

A video is upcoming of an old bird risking life and limb for the betterment of the forum. (Loading it into google drive)
Don't try this at home kids, leave it to professionals or idiots.

That was awesome OBD...looks like you used stick and not auto...now we can follow in your footsteps. Thanks!

That was awesome OBD...looks like you used stick and not auto...now we can follow in your footsteps. Thanks!
I wouldn't try it on a boat that was moving a lot. I feel safer catching, than launching. Sometimes you may be in a spot where your only choice is to hand launch, but I would do it as a last resort.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials