Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Just read on Autels Facebook group that Ken Booth is leaving Autel

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
His words not mine.

"Just wanted to let you all know that my last day with Autel Robotics is Sunday.
I feel that under the current conditions at the company that I can no longer provide the support that I’m known for.
I wish the user base the best."

Reactions: G_G
Yep! I read this sad news as well ! I’m sure wherever he goes, he’ll got more appreciation because he is the top 10 in customer services. Autel will regret to lose him.

thats too bad, maybe he was getting too many obnoxious requests for help for the new consumer-grade offerings. Lets hope things are ironed out and global support team is built up.

sad news indeed. not limited to autel, seems a lot of companies suffer from the same issue. unable to retain good talent. prob get worse before it gets better.

Guessing he ran into the same brick wall CEO Randall Warnas ran into trying to get things done. Unfortunately Maxwell Lee has always wanted his son to run the company and it was said years ago the only reason Maxwell Lee (Autel) started into drones was to give his son a company to run.
Looks like he is running it into the ground. With very little to no support how long do you think big groups like LEO's and SAR organisation's will keep buying from them? I expect not long.

I really like Autel drones but no matter how good they are, if there's not adequate after sales support, the product is unusable. I could not in good conscience buy another one unless this issue is drastically corrected.

I think Autel Drones is going to fold soon. I hope not but it sure looks that way. I hope some independent drone repair people spring up to take up the slack so the current crop can get full use at the very least.

I don't know what the managerial dynamics are in Autel but it's obvious things are not good. Maybe the younger Lee is finding out what Randall also learned after joining the company. Working with the owner is just not possible.

Reactions: edgardcafe
Sadly with Ken’s departure, things won’t get better. He was the strongest thread between Autel and the consumer. He pushed for a substantial improvement of their customer service platform and was essentially met with an “We don’t care” response from executive levels. One can rarely get through by phone and rarely receive responses to email inquiries currently. Autel needs to drastically change and improve their customer service and communication. At present, Autel isn’t a stellar company. They do have some great drone platforms but that not what it’s all about. If Autel cannot service their vendors or customers efficiently and effectively, they literally are no better than their competitor. Currently Autel executives are their own worst enemy due to inexperienced and unprofessional business tactics.

Reactions: G_G and Eagle928
Sadly with Ken’s departure, things won’t get better. He was the strongest thread between Autel and the consumer. He pushed for a substantial improvement of their customer service platform and was essentially met with an “We don’t care” response from executive levels. One can rarely get through by phone and rarely receive responses to email inquiries currently. Autel needs to drastically change and improve their customer service and communication. At present, Autel isn’t a stellar company. They do have some great drone platforms but that not what it’s all about. If Autel cannot service their vendors or customers efficiently and effectively, they literally are no better than their competitor. Currently Autel executives are their own worst enemy due to inexperienced and unprofessional business tactics.
I expect Autel Drones to go out of business soon with an attitude like that. How can anyone buy any Autel product, car scanners included, with an attitude like they now have?

I can understand their frustration about the huge travesty being done to the Chinese people by their government which causes all these supply chain issues but the Company should at least try to reassure their loyal customers that things will get back on track as soon as possible.

The only good thing I can say is at least they aren't lying about caring. That's something at least. Another one bites the dust.

Thanks Wuhan Flu and globalist reset. Thanks for nothing.

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
Sorry I'm new so I missed the first one ...can u explain Here we go again?

And I hope they don't fade away I just bought mine and love it.
Another cat resigned not long after taking the position not too long ago. All this foolishness reminds me of the car business.

I have an Evo 2 and I enjoy it. I do NOT want to go DJI b/c of the restrictions. Parrot should take note and jump back in the game with both feet... I'd totally make that move.

Reactions: nil
Yep! I read this sad news as well ! I’m sure wherever he goes, he’ll got more appreciation because he is the top 10 in customer services. Autel will regret to lose him.
Not as much as losing their customers.

• Haha
ive been dealing with Autel Customer service regarding my smart controller issues. So far i have dealt with 3 people, been lied to in writing several times, spent 70 dollars send it in twice now. and my repeated requuests to speak with someone in charge are ignore.
and in the end they are sending me back once again a smart controller which loses connection after 50 foot distance and stops recording randomly.

Ive dealt with Joseph o hearn recently who is useless and ignores anyhting I havbe in writing or my requests.

I hate geofencing and its the only thing keeping me from going back to DJI.

Once you learn how DJI's geofencing actually works, you'll find, as I have, that it is a lot less onerous than I originally thought, when you get the right unlocks, especially those of the blue authorization zones, that used to be self-unlocking and surround the actual red NFZ's from airports. One such blue zone boundary goes right through my living room! They can be removed for 12 months at a time! Try out DJI's latest geofencing cheaply with a Mini 2 ($400) or get the newest Mini 3 Pro ($759). Always good to have another drone from another manufacturer. The devil you know is better than the one you can't trust or get a hold of!

ive been dealing with Autel Customer service regarding my smart controller issues. So far i have dealt with 3 people, been lied to in writing several times, spent 70 dollars send it in twice now. and my repeated requuests to speak with someone in charge are ignore.
and in the end they are sending me back once again a smart controller which loses connection after 50 foot distance and stops recording randomly.

Ive dealt with Joseph o hearn recently who is useless and ignores anyhting I havbe in writing or my requests.

I’m also having issues with my SC v2 (Enterprise) it keeps disconnecting/ stop recording/ screen freezes / histogram does not work etc… the last time that I wrote with Ken Booth, he told me to downgrade. So, today I have decided to do it from FW 2.3.8 to 2.2.5. It will be my first time doing it, so I hope everything goes smoothly.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials