Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Is possible to control an EVO 2 with two controllers at the same time?

Ram

Reaction score
I learn a valuable ($$Valuable$$) lesson flying my E2P in an improvised mission. I didn't calculate the distance and at 8,500 ft distance, I lost communication with the aircraft. The mission was set to complete even without communication and that was my mistake. No juice to come back and it crash in a cliff that is impossible to reach. Anyway, I made peace with the situation and my wife bought me an EVO 2 8k, I guess to calm my bad mood (!!!). Now I have 2 controllers and want to know if is possible to daisy chain them. Can't find any tutorial or instructions. Any ideas?

Reactions: MNT DRONE SOLUTIONS
Yes, through "coach mode". Autel refers to this as "secondary remote control" in their procedures/instructions. You will need to set the drone up in pairing mode. Once in pairing mode take the secondary controller which you want to act as the Student, ensure it is powered off. Then simultaneously press and hold the Power, RTH, and A buttons for roughly 5-10 seconds or until the second beep is heard. This will set the second controller into student pairing mode and allow for the Student/Teacher connection to complete.

Yes, through "coach mode". Autel refers to this as "secondary remote control" in their procedures/instructions. You will need to set the drone up in pairing mode. Once in pairing mode take the secondary controller which you want to act as the Student, ensure it is powered off. Then simultaneously press and hold the Power, RTH, and A buttons for roughly 5-10 seconds or until the second beep is heard. This will set the second controller into student pairing mode and allow for the Student/Teacher connection to complete.

Thanks for the instructions. As soon as a get my new bird, I will do that.

Reactions: advexure
Very interesting :) , Thanks !

• Love
Reactions: advexure
I just don't get it - why anyone would put their drone miles away without a purpose - makes zero sense!

You Play -You Pay

Reactions: UasDriver
If the first controller loses connection, does the second controller become primary or does it get disconnected too? Even though in the situation proposed, it would be closer to the craft.

a whole bunch of us are going to find out exactly what 2 remotes connected at the same time can do when the smart controller hits the market. we'll be able to see exactly what happens and when. ;)

I use 2 controllers with my kid to coach him. My controller (main) has all the important options, the secondary is limited. When I shutdown my controller, my kid continues flying with his, so, to answer the question what happens when one controller loses signal, the other one continues. If both loses signal, well, that's the RTH (failsafe) business.

I learn a valuable ($$Valuable$$) lesson flying my E2P in an improvised mission. I didn't calculate the distance and at 8,500 ft distance, I lost communication with the aircraft. The mission was set to complete even without communication and that was my mistake. No juice to come back and it crash in a cliff that is impossible to reach. Anyway, I made peace with the situation and my wife bought me an EVO 2 8k, I guess to calm my bad mood (!!!). Now I have 2 controllers and want to know if is possible to daisy chain them. Can't find any tutorial or instructions. Any ideas?
Has anyone had two controllers and Live Deck working at the same time? I have synced two Evo 2 controllers but Live Deck disconnects during the second controller pairing.

Has anyone had two controllers and Live Deck working at the same time? I have synced two Evo 2 controllers but Live Deck disconnects during the second controller pairing.
Only up to 2 accessories can be paired to the Evo simultaneously.

Last edited:
I realize this is an old thread, but wanted to post and say thanks a ton for this. The manual I have is wrong, it was saying to hold the B button which is incorrect. I wasted almost an hour trying over and over to get the secondary to bind to no avail. This is the correct procedure, and this post is worth pinning to a FAQ or help post somewhere.

I realize this is an old thread, but wanted to post and say thanks a ton for this. The manual I have is wrong, it was saying to hold the B button which is incorrect. I wasted almost an hour trying over and over to get the secondary to bind to no avail. This is the correct procedure, and this post is worth pinning to a FAQ or help post somewhere.
Glad we could help, fly safe! :cool:

Will the secondary controller (student controller) work as a primary and have full functionality. I have 2 controllers and 4 batteries so after a couple of flights if my controller battery is low my intentions would be to just shut off one controller and turn on the other to use. Would that work ok? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: gschulzuio
flyvideo, you'd probably be better served to power the 1st controller via the MicroUSB with an external battery (using the USB-A port for the smart device). Also, be aware that this is an old thread. Your join date suggests you have a V1 but the current V2 production models of the Evo II 8K, 6K Pro, or Enterprise do not allow for pairing with a second device due to the mid-year (2021) change in Software Defined Radio chipsets. Live Deck or a second controller works with V1 only. There are different controllers for each V1 and V2 (Standard and Smart Controllers are not interchangeable between versions)

Reactions: George
Will the secondary controller (student controller) work as a primary and have full functionality. I have 2 controllers and 4 batteries so after a couple of flights if my controller battery is low my intentions would be to just shut off one controller and turn on the other to use. Would that work ok? Thanks in advance.
You could fly for a while with the one controller, shut it down, let it charge, fly with other controller, etc. as long as you have a v1 controller with a EVOII v1 aircraft. You can also have different livedecks work with different EVOII v1 aircraft, like the controllers, simply have to rebind them to different aircraft.

Note the relationships are:
v1 controller to EVOII v1 aircraft
multiple controllers paired to one aircraft active (e.g. many to one)
one active primary controller, other controller secondary
multiple livedeck paird to one active aircraft (e.g. many to one)
however keep in mind only one active aircraft with multiple controller (one primary) and livedeck (e.g. one to many)

For example, I can use the controller from my E2P with regular EVOII and vice versa by rebinding. Or, I can use EVOII controller as 2nd paired controller with E2P having two controllers (one primary, one secondary). I can put both livedecks on one aircraft by rebinding them to active aircraft, or, put one livedeck active one each aircraft. Note the relationships above, e.g. you can not control multiple active aircraft at same time from one controller, single livedeck can only access/view one active aircraft at a time.

Oh, btw, fwiw, keep in mind that when it comes time to do a fw update, you will need to unbind any of the above secondary bindings (e.g. 2nd controller, livedecks etc) or fw updates wont work.

yea same controller just one is paired as secondary, I just wanted to make sure that the secondary had full functionality as it was also referred to as student. And yes I'm using V1. Just didn't want to experiment with it the first time lol. Thanks for your replies.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d