Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

UFO, No, Autel EVO 2 PRO Flying at 1am with Spot and Anti collision lights. Video is from ground, showing the intensity of the spot light system.

quinn karter

Reaction score
As usual, I couldn't sleep so I took y drone out for a night flight. It had two Karus G 15 EDC spot lights attached and 4 Anti collision lights covering left right front an back angles. View is from 300 ft away horizontal and 250 ft verticle. I also attached a screen capture of the spot lights capturing the glowing eyes of an alligator in the neighborhood swamp. Gotta love florida.
Video Link: From Ground Located Cell Phone
Video Link: From Screen Captured EVO2 Footage of Aligator's eyes and body in a swamp hit with 3000 lumens of light.
Forgive the graininess, Its resolution was that of the screen capture software. Battery temp hits max due to weight of EDC spots x 2 and anti-collision lights x4. 152F

Photo:EVO2 1am night flight with spot and anti collision lights.jpg

Last edited:
you're braver than i. did it once and never again, too risky to deal with any complaints although it is totally legal in uncontrolled airspace. people around here don't like a nosy government and that looks too much like a police helicopter roaming the neighborhood to the untrained eye. some one would bring it up at the city meeting and the next thing you know, we have a new (illegal) city ordinance.

Unfortunately people call the police when they see lights in the sky, because of that I am no longer a fan of the UFO look.
I started off this way , but learned quickly to be as discreet as possible .

It makes sense to be as bright as possible but does not work well in the real world .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Evo 2 in the Rain.
2021-07-31_09h38_20.png

Reactions: quinn karter

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials