Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

I wonder if this is doable

Peter Goldwing

Reaction score
Have two phones linked through some app so one can control the second one.
Attach the controlled phone to the drone with Autel app open.
This way you can control it at any distance and in location with a lot of obstacles preventing image transmission

Not sure I completely get what you are trying to do, but you can use two EVO II remotes and "daisy chain" them so that the aircraft could be flown down range and a second operator could pick up control of the aircraft.

See the below video from our friend Garret Bryl who has done a nice overview of this application.

I think you are referring to the EVO 1
from my experience.,
I know you can use coaching MODE with the EVO 1
but you need two controllers.
I have in the past tried to match two or more tablets to the EVO 1 so someone else can watch and see what I see on my
controller while flying and have not been able to do that.
You need to have a LIVE DECK for some one else to view your screen. But they cannot control the EVO

The Garret Bryl video is the best you can do, but again need two controllers;
Maybe someone else can solve what you need to do what you asked for...

Reactions: advexure
No , Im talking about controlling the drone by explorer app from a phone attached to the drone.

But I will control that app remotely from another phone.

One person , two phones,

Peter...
I am a little lost at your request.....
I don't think the app lets you control the EVO from the phone (Tablet)
the phone is just a monitor from the controller connected by the cord.
Its the controller that "Moves" the drone.
I remember seeing a drone that only uses the phone as a controller, with no other device, but not the Autels.

Peter...
I am a little lost at your request.....
I don't think the app lets you control the EVO from the phone (Tablet)
the phone is just a monitor from the controller connected by the cord.
Its the controller that "Moves" the drone.
I remember seeing a drone that only uses the phone as a controller, with no other device, but not the Autels.
correct, with the Skydio 2, you don't even need to own a remote controller device. only the phone is doable. pair the phone with the drone via wifi and you can control the drone movements as well as view/monitor the camera directly from the phone's display. remote controller and beacon are optional.

Have two phones linked through some app so one can control the second one.
Attach the controlled phone to the drone with Autel app open.
This way you can control it at any distance and in location with a lot of obstacles preventing image transmission
I'm confused as well but I'm guessing this is what you are asking:

1: mobile phone #1 (the "controlled" phone)
2: mobile phone #2
R: remote controller
A: autel drone

here's the setup in your school parking lot down the street to get a good image transmission:
A <- 1

from your driveway where image transmission is often quite challenging, you want to use R <- 2 "linked through some app" to 1 and fly the drone with the sticks (R) and magically get good image transmission because after all, 1 can see the image quite clearly and 2 is basically a mirror of 1.

the problem is I don't think A <- 1 is possible.

two remote controls are not going to work either.

I guess I got it wrong. Anyway, tape a cell on the drone and use another phone to see the video transmission for unlimited distance. That is doable

is it possible to control the drone without touching the controller? just through the phone or tablet. if yes, then it's possible to remotely control the phone connected to the controller. Wireless carrier wouldn't be happy with the traffic, and FCC rules require line of sight. Anyway, this has been already done with other DIY drones, giving them unlimited control distance. Just don't post the proof on youtube. It's being monitored. Military drones are big enough to have satellite receivers.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raeveren