Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Interested in a EVO 2

Rick~K

Reaction score
I, like most people have been waiting on CES 2020 to see what's new. The EVO 2 looks great, I fly more on the FPV side of flying and wonder what the lower res setting is on the 6k and 8k camera since I don't do much YouTube content, more along the line of 1080p and 1440p?

I, like most people have been waiting on CES 2020 to see what's new. The EVO 2 looks great, I fly more on the FPV side of flying and wonder what the lower res setting is on the 6k and 8k camera since I don't do much YouTube content, more along the line of 1080p and 1440p?
If you do more 1080p / 1440p... then the Evo 1 is more than enough for you. You probably don't even have the computer and video card power to process videos in 8k.

If you do more 1080p / 1440p... then the Evo 1 is more than enough for you. You probably don't even have the computer and video card power to process videos in 8k.
Thanks for the reply. I like the features of the new EVO 2 and you are right about my PC and right now I think unless you're in movie production most people don't have a PC that can handle it. I like the features of the E2 and after nine years of flying UAVs and being a project manager in open source flight controllers org. I'm ready to get an RTF.

Thanks for the reply. I like the features of the new EVO 2 and you are right about my PC and right now I think unless you're in movie production most people don't have a PC that can handle it. I like the features of the E2 and after nine years of flying UAVs and being a project manager in open source flight controllers org. I'm ready to get an RTF.
Wait until the EVO 2 is on the market... they may offer a discount for the Evo 1. Unless you really want to expend the money on the Evo 2.

I wont commit to saying the Evo price will drop or at least not significantly. The Evo 2 8k is supposedly starting at $1495 so I dont consider them in the same league.

I wont commit to saying the Evo price will drop or at least not significantly. The Evo 2 8k is supposedly starting at $1495 so I dont consider them in the same league.
I agree, from what I've seen and read the E2 jumps way out front on the Evo and all the competitors.

I'm seeing lots of 3 battery Evo combos for $1100 so theres still good deals on them even if theres no base price drop. The batteries run about $100 but used to be $80 if I remember correctly. Bestbuy is selling them for $92 at the moment.
I've never seen a better deal than the one Bestbuy had last July when I purchased mine. Unfortunately it didnt last long and now their price isnt competitive unless you get them to match Amazon. Dont know if they will match anyone else.

The Evo 2 Dual as is has many restrictions and will not be available to us common folk.
Evo 2 Pro rugged package is the way to go in this droners opinion IF you really need an upgrade from an Evo/Mavic/Phantom.

I may just keep my EVO 1. I haven't even got a computer to fully process 4k. 6k and 8k TVs aren't even out yet or are they? I mean the only thing I like about the EVO 2 is the interchangeable cameras, longer flight time, longer distance, better obstacle avoidance, and the FLIR capability. We'll see how it goes when they start getting them in and people using them. Might not even be worth upgrading for now.

I may just keep my EVO 1. I haven't even got a computer to fully process 4k. 6k and 8k TVs aren't even out yet or are they? I mean the only thing I like about the EVO 2 is the interchangeable cameras, longer flight time, longer distance, better obstacle avoidance, and the FLIR capability. We'll see how it goes when they start getting them in and people using them. Might not even be worth upgrading for now.

Reactions: PoorMoney
I am definitely interested in getting the Evo2 Pro. I will have to wait a long time though. Autelrobotics.com.au won't be selling them any time soon l suspect.

Reactions: Nightbat2
I am definitely interested in getting the Evo2 Pro. I will have to wait a long time though. Autelrobotics.com.au won't be selling them any time soon l suspect.
Autel has a new Australian distributor, actually their New Zealand distributor, who will be expanding to Australia.They will sell and service all products.

If you don't have a fast computer that can handle 8K most people will use whats called Proxy files to speed things up. The only problem with that is it can be very time consuming. You have to wait till the editing program builds the proxy files and if your computer is slow that could be a while. :rolleyes:

If you don't have a fast computer that can handle 8K most people will use whats called Proxy files to speed things up. The only problem with that is it can be very time consuming. You have to wait till the editing program builds the proxy files and if your computer is slow that could be a while. :rolleyes:
I use a Mac pro with 32GB of memory, 8GB of video card RAM and is decently fast but the only issue I have with it it's that final cut pro will heat up the computer very fast and it's a very demanding program. I prefer iMovie but you can't edit titles in it.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo