Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Interested in a EVO 2

25GB photos??? Wow them be very large photos. ;)
No. The photos from EVO2 are 48GB. The limit in GMail to send for a total in one message is about 25GB. So you'd have to find a different way to share a photo with a distant friend..... perhaps in the "cloud."

No. The photos from EVO2 are 48GB. The limit in GMail to send for a total in one message is about 25GB. So you'd have to find a different way to share a photo with a distant friend..... perhaps in the "cloud."

I'm sorry but you have lost me. When you use "GB" as a size that would be bigger then most peoples SD cards. Are you sure you don't mean "MB" or am I missing something here?

Reactions: macoman
I'm sorry but you have lost me. When you use "GB" as a size that would be bigger then most peoples SD cards. Are you sure you don't mean "MB" or am I missing something here?
Agree... I am lost as well

Gmail as well as most email clients file size limit size for emailing attachments is 10MB I do believe also.
You mean MB, not GB.

I guess I might do the 6MP Evo 2. Saw an obstacle avoidance video on youtube with it. Seems like it is doing better than the Evo 1.

Howdy! Greets to all who don't know me! And to those who do!

IMHO Most of us wont be looking to edit 8k video for a while, but with some video editors ( I use FinalCut Pro X or Vegas depending which machine Im at) allow proxy editing, so that's a workaround for the potentially monster sized files. Its still going to be a long render at both ends! But it will be possible, not impossible, your mileage may vary depending on the muscles in your computer. 8k could be future proofing in the making though.

My most burning EVO2 question is about the compass/IMU stability. I hear that it will have one compass and two IMUs. After living the past two years with the threat of flyaways due to a lack of such redundancy in my current DJI product, its certainly going to be a factor in my next purchase decision. Anyone have any comment regarding that science? (Tom's Tech time seemed to make this point already). Is the single compass a liability?

Thanks all...

Howdy! Greets to all who don't know me! And to those who do!

IMHO Most of us wont be looking to edit 8k video for a while, but with some video editors ( I use FinalCut Pro X or Vegas depending which machine Im at) allow proxy editing, so that's a workaround for the potentially monster sized files. Its still going to be a long render at both ends! But it will be possible, not impossible, your mileage may vary depending on the muscles in your computer. 8k could be future proofing in the making though.

My most burning EVO2 question is about the compass/IMU stability. I hear that it will have one compass and two IMUs. After living the past two years with the threat of flyaways due to a lack of such redundancy in my current DJI product, its certainly going to be a factor in my next purchase decision. Anyone have any comment regarding that science? (Tom's Tech time seemed to make this point already). Is the single compass a liability?

Thanks all...
I have suffered fly aways due to compass failure on a DJI product, but my Evo has stayed by my side. It's really prone to fail if you take off from a surface with a metal close by. From experience, the Evo's magnetic interference detection starts before that of my Phantom.

I have suffered fly aways due to compass failure on a DJI product, but my Evo has stayed by my side. It's really prone to fail if you take off from a surface with a metal close by. From experience, the Evo's magnetic interference detection starts before that of my Phantom.
I had a crashed one time on my previous Evo for taking off before GPS lock. I learned after that the way the Evo behave.

I too have had several incidences with slipping into ATTI mode after taking off near metal, so I learned that one long ago. Sensor check is in my pre-take off routine. I am a little concerned about heavy wind gusts slamming the IMU out of sync with the compass and breaking GPS lock... that was an explanation given to me a while back with one of my spark incidents, I was able to fly back... luckily I was VLOS at the time. I pay a lot attention to wind forecasts, but those metrics are never a perfect science. Wondering how Autel fits in to that with these dual IMUs, sounds like it would be safer...

I too have had several incidences with slipping into ATTI mode after taking off near metal, so I learned that one long ago. Sensor check is in my pre-take off routine. I am a little concerned about heavy wind gusts slamming the IMU out of sync with the compass and breaking GPS lock... that was an explanation given to me a while back with one of my spark incidents, I was able to fly back... luckily I was VLOS at the time. I pay a lot attention to wind forecasts, but those metrics are never a perfect science. Wondering how Autel fits in to that with these dual IMUs, sounds like it would be safer...
I don't know about the Spark, but from the Mavic Air up, all drones have dual IMU. The point is redundancy in case of failure, which was rather common for the Air.

Spark has a single compass and single IMU... so no redundancy.

So whatever I upgrade to, I want that feeling of safety increased... its a lot of money that can just fly away and sometime be lost forever. (I attach a tracker, but still... white knuckle flying sometimes!)
You can have 7 IMUs and 16 Compasses, if you are in a place where magnetic interferrence occurs, you will experience a fly away. I have a Phantom who likes to fly away whenever possible. What I find strange is that my other Phantom does not behave this way launching from the same places. I don't know if it's because of the diffference between Ocusync and Lightbridge, but that's a discussion for another time. As for the Evo, I have only heard of 2 fly aways so far and on both occasions it was pilot error. I feel confident recommending you this drone if that is your only worry.

You can have 7 IMUs and 16 Compasses, if you are in a place where magnetic interferrence occurs, you will experience a fly away. I have a Phantom who likes to fly away whenever possible. What I find strange is that my other Phantom does not behave this way launching from the same places. I don't know if it's because of the diffference between Ocusync and Lightbridge, but that's a discussion for another time. As for the Evo, I have only heard of 2 fly aways so far and on both occasions it was pilot error. I feel confident recommending you this drone if that is your only worry.

Sounds good. Thanks for your guidance.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials