Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Lite+ tablet users?

Brock Inspector

Reaction score
The Evo Lite with SkyLink is advertised as having a 2.7K video feed screen resolution out to 1 KM, and then it falls back to 1080p beyond. I'm thinking this bump in res is only going to be obvious to those with bigger tablet screens, maybe. How is this working for you-- as advertised?
The standard controller with my Evo2 Pro with my Galaxy Tab S6 has been pretty great, but my screen is higher res than the 1080p-limited feed. This Evo Lite+ looks to be to a step up and it's the only 6K Pro camera ship with a Standard Controller going forward. I like not having to stab at the screen to change settings or modes on the camera. Does the Lite+ controller allow this also?

I have been using an Apple iPad Mini 6th generation with my Lite+ and the video looks great. The on screen controls are easy to use also.

Reactions: Jose_lal
The Evo Lite with SkyLink is advertised as having a 2.7K video feed screen resolution out to 1 KM, and then it falls back to 1080p beyond. I'm thinking this bump in res is only going to be obvious to those with bigger tablet screens, maybe. How is this working for you-- as advertised?
The standard controller with my Evo2 Pro with my Galaxy Tab S6 has been pretty great, but my screen is higher res than the 1080p-limited feed. This Evo Lite+ looks to be to a step up and it's the only 6K Pro camera ship with a Standard Controller going forward. I like not having to stab at the screen to change settings or modes on the camera. Does the Lite+ controller allow this also?
The gamer remote on the Lite / Nano series is kind of lackluster due to it's size. Yet, the SkyApp does have function button settings - 2 of them. That's it.

I've used a Samsung Tab 7, as I won't own an Apple product and it worked fine. I now use a "Tripltek Clone" at 1,00o nits and it works great.

As for signal / video changes on the tablet - I've not had that issue. I can't / won't fly even 1km away as it's not legal in the US and signal loss tends to start happening about 1/8 - 1/4 mile away where I fly.

Do you guys have any recommendations for tablet holders for the Lite+? Thanks.
I got a LifThor. Very good too. Don't order direct from LifThor - as they are in Norway and shipping is pricey. Think some places here in the US are resellers. Have seen some "cheap" plastic ones. Cheap is the word on quality and price. The LifThor is 80% aluminum, as the actual tablet holder is plastic - but very adjustable for even big tablets and locks - versus having only a spring to maintain pressure to hold the tablet in.

Very nice. That looks like it will fit the bill! Thanks for the suggestion. I'd been using the Smart Controller with Air 2S drone for the past 18 months... got spoiled. When I got the Lite+ last week - I had to go back to my small iPhone. Worked just fine, but that was a bit of a shock. LOL. I'm spoiled I guess.

Very nice. That looks like it will fit the bill! Thanks for the suggestion. I'd been using the Smart Controller with Air 2S drone for the past 18 months... got spoiled. When I got the Lite+ last week - I had to go back to my small iPhone. Worked just fine, but that was a bit of a shock. LOL. I'm spoiled I guess.
I came from a DJI Air2 with the N1 and the gamer remote was a surprise to me as well. I got the Lite+ (first one) in Dec '22. Used my phone for a bit and no good. I had gotten a SkyReat adapter for my N1 and used a tablet. Had to search and at that time LifThor was the only game in town I could find. When I ordered, it came from Norway and shipping was about $20-$30. The only issue I have with the LifThor is it's not easily put on and taken off - it bolts to the remote - so it's kind of permanent. The tablet holder does unscrew, so it's a smaller issue to deal with - but it's still bulky. I've seen too many cheap plastic ones and I don't feel like buying multiple ones as I backpack my drones to waterfalls and such - so need something that will hold up and the LifThor has done that.

I may end up selling my LifThor, as my Lite+ crashed after the last firmware update and Autel is not being cooperative. Wants me to spend $850 for a new drone bundle as they say my drone is damaged more than I could see externally and would cost more to repair and return that drone. With that issue, I'm not looking to buying another Autel as they have gone out of the "prosumer" drone business - won't be making any new model drones like the Lite / Nano series. Only doing enterprise and big $$$ drones.

Sadly, their customer service in the US is horrible. They have a revolving door in US CS and it goes from good / okay to almost non-existent. Been dealing with Autel for weeks on my repair before they told me - not really fixable, here buy this drone package we have for sale. I loved my Lite+ - made my DJI's look bad all day, every day - but customer service is important with drones and their neglect is not a good thing.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58