Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Inside the X-Star

Uavdude

Reaction score
Well I took my X-Star apart the other day and took a couple of photos of what is on the inside. You can see that the frame has small metal threads throughout for the small bolts to hold the frame together. The pieces of plastic feel flimsy when they are apart, but once they are bolted together they are rock solid as we know. In the second picture you can the embedded SD card - used to record flight data and maybe firmware?
xpsin.jpg DSC_2425.jpg

Reactions: Louis Mamakos
.... In the second picture you can the embedded SD card - used to record flight data and maybe firmware?
Where is the SD card? I would've thought that Autel would use soldered memory rather than an SD card.

Where is the SD card? I would've thought that Autel would use soldered memory rather than an SD card.

Unfortunately, I think only Autel has access to it to download the flight log(s)???? I guess you can if you take it apart but then again is it software specific that one cannot open the files if they do indeed take it apart to access the card????

I think this system should be accessible by the consumer by hooking it into a laptop via the USB port. Then again, maybe they do not want you to see the data for some reason.

If you can run the flight logs I wish someone would let me know how!

It's possible to DL flight logs through the USB port at the front of theX-Star. It takes quite a while because the transfer is slow and the logs are large. You can extract information with XStar Log Viewer or sdlog2.py I DLed SESSION_0161 through SESSION_0176 last night and it took 35-45 minutes to get them, all while theX-Star is beeping.
https://xslogs.weebly.com

Last edited:
It's possible to DL flight logs through the USB port at the front of theX-Star. It takes quite a while because the transfer is slow and the logs are large. You can extract information with XStar Log Viewer or sdlog2.py I DLed SESSION_0161 through SESSION_0176 last night and it took 435045 minutes to get them, all while the X-Star is beeping.
https://xslogs.weebly.com

I will have to pin that site. My work laptop will not allow me to download a running program.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d