Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Increased transmission switching to another type antenna, and adding booster

View attachment 9588that's my Ikelite booster which I purchased for my Yuneec H plus. Worked great. I was hoping to just attach it to the autel controller.. I think I just need the internal connectors
Seen a video last night with same Ikelite antenna setup as yours with a Yuneec H Plus, comparison between stock antennas vs. the Ikelite antenna. Almost doubled the range, not sure how it would work with Evo 2 Controller.

My recommendation, instead of switching to the Ikelite antenna, I’d go with a set of Titan Whip antennas instead. That’s if you’re trying to keep this low budget, that’s probably the best direction to take.

With my Evo 2, Whip antennas do increase range and reduce inference. Equal to Mavic 2 Pro osucsync 2, that was my experience.

Just my two cents worth, not sure if Titan still sells the whip antenna setup with the antenna cross member as a pkg. They probably still do, in case they don’t supply the antenna cross member you can make your own.

Good luck, Keep us posted how everything turns out for you. I’ll attach a couple of pics, Whip antenna setup. The cross member, first drawn to paper, then cut and retraced to an old black plastic DVD jacket.

Paul45AA28DF-9621-40F2-84CF-149C1125F646.jpeg
C0BCC622-D8DA-45BD-A77E-C162ED03B0B3.jpeg

Where did you get the quick release connectors that mount in the controller @Waldo Pepper ?

I have some quick release Titan whips already for my DJI controllers.
Hello PingSpike,

Covert Drones has them, With a set of Titan whip antennas. They may sell them separately?

You may want to start there, hope this helps.

Good luck!
Paul

Does anyone sell just the cable and connector kit for the remote? I just want the ability to have whip antennas (threaded, not snap on).
Internal connection in remote is IPX/IPEX, you can get IPX to SMA, or RP-SMA adapters with cables for cheap on ebay, and install them yourself. Check youtube for videos. After that connect any 2.4G SMA antenna you want. directed, dipole, high-gain, low-gain, etc.

I do not know
Does anyone know which antenna is transmit and which is receive?
I don't know. Having stated this, here is a guess:
  • If I were to accept that one antenna is used for Tx and the other for Rx...
  • Evo 2 specifications identify it as "...uses the 2.4 GHz ALink for transmission"
  • If you held the controller with the display facing up...
  • The antenna on the left is the one which is connected to the circuit board marked 2.4ghz
I do not have a photo or notes clearly identifying what the antenna on the right connects to on the circuit board. You can look over other photos in post 68 and see if you feel the same...or not.

Attachments

• 2.4g.JPG
    2.4g.JPG
    223.9 KB · Views: 24
I do not know

• Evo 2 specifications identify it as "...uses the 2.4 GHz ALink for transmission"
  • The antenna on the left is the one which is connected to the circuit board marked 2.4ghz
I do not have a photo or notes clearly identifying what the antenna on the right connects to on the circuit board. You can look over other photos in post 68 and see if you feel the same...or not.
well the only reason I think one is transmit and one is received It's because that's how my dji inspire is no another separate aircraft I just figured they might run on the similar system but as far as the 2.4 I get what you're saying but the other one says 2.4-0 and the other one says 2.4-1 so they're both 2.4

I do not know

No i didn't base my whole thought process around the DJI. I contacted the hobby store I purchased it from. They confirmed it was set up that way but weren't sure which was RX/TX. I may purchase one of the frequency testers like immersion rc sells and see which is which.

I emailed Autel support, so lets see what they come back with.

*fast response from Autel*

"Thank you for contacting Autel Robotics. Both antennae are dual receiving and transmitting. "

Last edited:
I emailed Autel support, so lets see what they come back with.

*fast response from Autel*

"Thank you for contacting Autel Robotics. Both antennae are dual receiving and transmitting. "
thanks. I had it wrong. thanks man for the response I appreciate it That's going to change so I set things up. You a good guy needs to be more people like you in this world

decided to bite the bullet and ordered direct from alientech last night. Hopefully will not take to long to arrive.
Has anyone tried boosting the Live Deck? As its just a receiver, im not sure how this would work. Ive got some gear i may play with(boosters and antenna etc) when it arrives to see if i can improve on this also.
which one did you buy? their site is confusing and im interested in buying them... how do you like the difference?

Watch the install video BEFORE you purchase to make sure you are comfortable with doing this kind of install. The Autel RC is quite easy to work on IMO.

I did the mod's to 2 controllers, without any issues. Just go step by step and take your time, BUT as been said above, if you don't feel comfortable, don't do it. If you don't want to DIY, Lucas @covertdrones.com will hook you up. Great guy and honest work. Very trustworthy!

You’re welcome Quad,

That’s playing it safe, recheck antenna cables inside controller. I do the same, ohm then after tightening the inside locking bolt to connectors before putting controller back together. It’s so easy to pitch them, or damage cable near connector area.

A flyer can check transmission signal even at short distances, I use hills to compare booster amplifier setups against non-boosted or compare different non-boosted antenna setups like you’re going to do.

Launch from same area, fly the short distance over a hill them lower drone over a particular landmark Rock, tree or something behind the hill. Once transmission signal starts to break up, document elevation levels. Usually, the boosted setup will fare better or comparing non-boosted one non-boosted antenna setup will fare better than the other non-boosted antenna setup, Very good test for comparing antennas.

My hobby is research, search for historical settlements from centuries ago. Both Native American settlements and from Spanish 1700 era to Western 1800 era.

With permission from land owners, can fly over both cattle and farm land searching for lost civilizations. Here are a few pictures from last night, around 7 pm cool evening with slight breeze flight. Because Evo 2 Pro has a strong-transmission signal with the boosted amplifier, allows the Evo to drop in low behind obstacles such as hills and oak trees. Stock antenna setup is great but for those tougher terrain areas the booster setup helps.

The rock pictures are from an earlier Native American settlement, Native Americans would prepare food on this rock. Used as a table, even sit here in groups enjoying nature’s surroundings. That was many centuries ago, All that’s left behind are the mortar holes. With high tech drones, allows me to search from the air for areas such as these to enjoy its beauty.

Plus, Allowing me to capture pictures of wildlife using high tech drones. The red hawk picture was taken last year with Mavic 2 Pro, most red tail hawks will fly along side my drones with no fear. The crane is a recent picture, As are the rabbits captured with a drone I think it was with the Evo 2 Pro using zoom, Can’t remember.

Good luck, and enjoy the 4-hawks setup
Paul
View attachment 7461View attachment 7462View attachment 7463View attachment 7464

View attachment 7465View attachment 7466View attachment 7467View attachment 7468
Love these photos. I would not have thought that you could approach a hawk or heron without scaring it off.
I get my pro ii 6k next week - I am hoping to be able to do similar. We'll see.

Last edited:
I'm told by 2 sources, one being Autel Tech Support, that V2's are dual band - 2.4 and 5.8 ghz. That's what I've got coming nest week.
What effect does that have on choices for antenna upgrades?
I was thinking of using whips similar to these shown in Waldo Pepper's July 7th, 2020 post (if I can find them).

5FED1A5D-A722-49C0-B3D3-31DC32E8F7B8.jpeg

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials