Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Increased transmission switching to another type antenna, and adding booster

Based on Waldo Pepper's excellent review, and my previous experiences with boosted RC's....I couldn't resist this for my Evo II. From the small, compact size to the full adjustment of angle towards the drone...this is a big win in my opinion. Due to the design, you can add quick connects to a Mavic Pro RC and still be able to use this...in fact any DJI 2.4 drone, and it will work great. If you modded a DJI drone that also has 5.8, you still could use it but only if you manually switched and kept it in 2.4Ghz transmission.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
My booster arrived today, 3 days from China, pretty good.
Watching install video now and will get modding tonight.
crazy weather coming in so will be no test flying today I think

install looks a lot easier than the Mavic controller

Last edited:
Reactions: PingSpike
Hello Guad,

I’m glad everything worked out well for you going with Alientech Pro, and had no issues reopening controller switching to disconnects. You’re going to enjoy them even more with each flight, especially not having to lug around those Titan boosted setups had you gone with Titan.

Occasionally, I’ll switch to whip antennas when boosted is not needed. Wish everyone Evo user had either one of the two antenna setup, Non-boosted whip antenna setup or Alientech Pro amplifier setup. Both are terrific, Once they switch they'll never go back to stock.

Been experimenting with different Ipad holders, found one that may be my permanent setup. Was hesitant at first getting the LifThor setup, price and size almost stopped me. Although it’s large, it’s extremely light. Has a lantern, and well balanced. Couldn’t mount Alientech Pro directly to quick connects, due to LifThor bracket. But, a simple zip tie and double sided tape mounts it’s snug onto the LifThor bracket. That will work until I make a mini bracket, for now this works great.

Congratulations getting the Alientech Pro setup, And trying out whip antennas. Maybe Autel is reading these forums, and next controller will have an enhance signal.

All the best,
Paul

View attachment 8095View attachment 8096View attachment 8097
Did you end up with a better mounting method, or still with zip tie and double sided tape? I’ll be installing onto the same setup. Might grab some Velcro tape on way home

I went with the zip ties, but realised this was going to be a pain in the *** she I wanted to swap in my titan whips. Went through my Odds and Ends box and realised I had a heap of gopro mounts.
A little fiddling around and came up with the following

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 23
Did you end up with a better mounting method, or still with zip tie and double sided tape? I’ll be installing onto the same setup. Might grab some Velcro tape on way home
Hello Anzacjack,

I did away with must of IPad set up, super light now. Only using two parts off the original Thor iPad, well four if I count the ball and upper Ipad bracket.

All that connects to controller, is that small orange bracket of the Thor mount connected to the handle which is now mounted behind the amplifier.. So far it’s working well, light as a feather.

Hope the pictures show, good luck with your setup.

Paul

D1AE0A35-5FA4-4849-9409-38D493652762.jpeg7FEA3243-5436-4652-BD4C-946F721E219C.jpeg

After all the fiddling about, I just flew with large iPad Pro. Not feeling the joy with this setup, so may just revert to standard holder and use iPhone. I have the live deck and feelworld hi brightness monitor I may just use on tripod for image

I so wish I could share with you guys the 3d printed holder designed for the Autel RC. It puts the ball mount on the handles, which moves the holder near you to balance the weight. It's not my design, so I can't share it. I am sure if the designer could find a company in the USA who could print it and ship it...that would be ideal. For now, its coming form Europe, and it costs more to ship than it's worth. So great of a design. Its brilliant. Attaches to the RC arms, on top, and has a ball joint printed. All you need is the holder that attaches to the ball joint, and there are many out there to choose from.

Just had a good flight with just the titan whips. Very good and I would say equal to my Mavic 2 Pro for range. The live deck had same range.
I’ll check the boosted antenna this afternoon. I’m thinking it may out fly the live deck for range, but as I wouldn’t operate at these ranges other than testing, I don’t think it will be an issue

Boosted antenna at my normal range test area was great.
Titan whips (as I said before) equal to mav 2 pro, and alientech boosted antenna about a 20% increase over mavic 2 pro.
So have easy access to double the range I’ll ever need so I’m happy

The Autel Evo 2 transmission signal is very good, very close with Mavic 2 occusync 2. In some areas they are identical, but in areas with inference or obstacles the Mavics occusync 2 has an edge.

Having used the Evo 2 these past two weeks, Very impressed with its capabilities. Sure, it has its weaknesses but it’s strengths outweigh its shortcomings.

Added an Alientech Pro 2.4 GHz booster last week, right out the gate greatly increased its range and strengthened its transmission signal in areas with extremely high interference or in areas with obstacles. With this booster, it now has a stronger transmission signal over a stock Mavic 2. The directional antennas are forgiving at close range, don’t really need to be directly pointed to Evo 2 until it’s way out there or if you’re in areas with inference or obstacles up close keep it pointed directly at Evo 2 direction.

Another positive surprise from this controller mod, using the 6” whip antennas from my Titan Amplifier they actually are much better than the Evo 2 controllers stock antennas. And surprisingly, are equal to a Mavic 2 stock controller setup just with using these whip antennas. Plus, these whip antennas are forgiving don’t really need to keep it pointed directly at Evo 2 until it’s out there.

I don’t remember the whip antennas dBi? Could be 9 dBi I’m not sure, been so long forgot what they are. If someone knows, please chime in. From the elbow bend, they measure 6 1/4” inches apiece. Think they are a straight 2.4 GHz, not Duel yeah I’m pretty sure just 2.4 GHz.

I fly in areas with obstacles, Oak trees and rough Rocky mountain terrain. My hobby takes me to these type of areas to video tape or photograph wildlife, or search for historical settlements. Thats were my Mavic 2 Pro with occusync 2 shines, its strong transmission signal is terrific in these type of conditions.

Now, My Evo 2 Pro can equal or best my Mavic 2 Pro using this different type antenna setup under these same conditions.

Has anyone else experienced this with using the Alientech Pro booster or switching to these type of antennas with the Evo 2? If you have, please share your experiences. I’m curious to see if others are getting the same positive experience, please do share.

Paul

View attachment 7272View attachment 7273View attachment 7271
I have antennaes booster from IKELITE, looks similar. My question is how do you open the Autel controller, after spending so much money, I really don't want to damage it.

Cool info.

I built a ground station for my DJI drones which also has the same quick release connectors (as I also use Titan whips on the move (again, on a DJI)). It'd be great to be able to use this with the Autel too.

Any insight on modding the Autel controller to use the same connectors? As your connectors are identical to mine.

Is the controller easy to take apart? Where did you get the parts from?
That's the best video on taking apart the controller.took me an hr to find it

I have antennaes booster from IKELITE, looks similar. My question is how do you open the Autel controller, after spending so much money, I really don't want to damage it.
Hello,

Before you complete the mod, share a little more information on the Ikelite booster, I’ve never heard of it and couldn’t find information on this particular booster. May be a waste of time adding it to the Evo 2 controller, please do share more information. Pictures, etc.

Quad is right, very easy mod to do going with the Alientech Pro booster. The video shared by Antione.scuba probably the same one I viewed last year, great video.

Please do share more information on the booster, pics etc.

Paul

16102320854929146548521074680267.jpgthat's my Ikelite booster which I purchased for my Yuneec H plus. Worked great. I was hoping to just attach it to the autel controller.. I think I just need the internal connectors

View attachment 9588that's my Ikelite booster which I purchased for my Yuneec H plus. Worked great. I was hoping to just attach it to the autel controller.. I think I just need the internal connectors
Thanks for sharing more information on this particular Ikelite amplifier setup Antoine, definitely a setup I’m not familiar with.

Hopefully, Someone here will recognize this setup and share and help you.

I’ve worked with several amplifier setups with other drones. Hands down the Alientech Pro was definitely the right choice to go with on the Evo 2, so glad I made that decision.

Hopefully, someone here chimes in with their experience using the Ikelite.

Thanks for sharing, wish I was more of help.
Paul

Reactions: Quad808
youtube will help you. I watched a couple of videos and did it myself without much of experience. BTW, videos are not equal in quality.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MountainDroneTN