Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Increased transmission switching to another type antenna, and adding booster

Here’s the set, because your connectors are threaded type, you may not need the antenna bracket keeping antennas from swaying. Alientech Pro uses quick-release connectors, whip antennas flop over without bracket with quick-release connectors.

If they do tend to fold over from a bump, use this paper drawing and cut out bracket from an old plastic DVD jacket. That should keep it secure, let us know how the transmission signal is using whips. Others having weak transmission signal may want to consider this type of antenna setup, hopefully your results are as positive as ours using whips for those not wanting to go amplified.

Will ship these out today,
Paul

View attachment 8349

Sorry if I never got back to you on the whips. This string just popped up again and as I was reading through it I saw this.
So the whips are great for a quick up and down shot. Sooo much easier than setting up the 4Hawks. I have had no signal issues and gone almost 1k away using them. Thanks again.

Reactions: pwaitzman
Reactions: pwaitzman
Sorry if I never got back to you on the whips. This string just popped up again and as I was reading through it I saw this.
So the whips are great for a quick up and down shot. Sooo much easier than setting up the 4Hawks. I have had no signal issues and gone almost 1k away using them. Thanks again.
No problem MNT Drone,

Actually, You did get back with me through private message back in Sept 2020, You’re welcome and thank you again.

As you experienced, Whip antennas do push a stronger signal over stock antennas. I noticed this right away, like you mentioned for quick setup bypassing the AlienTech booster whip antennas snap on quickly.

I’m now using the SmartController V1, But if I was to go without the SC or AlienTech booster on my stock controller. Definitely would start using whip antennas again, actually my stock controller already setup with them.

Take care, and glad to hear you’re enjoying the whip antenna setup 😊

BC2B3F9C-18F0-4AF9-BBBA-75CFBBED2CD2.jpeg

Poking around the FCC site, they show 2.4 gig and 900 mhz are the two frequencies in use for the EVO2 pro..

(Also internal pix for the EVO2)

For the PRO:

EVO2:

Poking around the FCC site, they show 2.4 gig and 900 mhz are the two frequencies in use for the EVO2 pro..

(Also internal pix for the EVO2)

For the PRO:

EVO2:
Those are the old V1 docs, and no public EVO 2 aircraft firmware in the U.S. can access the 900 Mhz band, according to Blade Strike.

Interesting.

Anybody have a current FCC ID #?

That should lead to docs that would outline the frequencies used.

Interesting.

Anybody have a current FCC ID #?

That should lead to docs that would outline the frequencies used.
Allegedly, it's 2.4 Ghz and 5.8 Ghz. However, Autel Robotics has a sordid history of advertising one thing and delivering quite another. At least neither of the advertised bands are in any way reserved for first responders this time! The V1 SC was only capable of 2.4 Ghz on all public FW, despite advertised claims of dual band, adding 5.8Ghz. The original EVO was also advertised to be dual band 2.4Ghz and 900Mhz, but only shipped with 2.4Ghz enabled. The 5.8Ghz band is essential in urban areas for strong signal stability over long distances, as DJI has proven. We shall see.

Allegedly, it's 2.4 Ghz and 5.8 Ghz. However, Autel Robotics has a sordid history of advertising one thing and delivering quite another. At least neither of the advertised bands are in any way reserved for first responders this time! The V1 SC was only capable of 2.4 Ghz on all public FW, despite advertised claims of dual band, adding 5.8Ghz. The original EVO was also advertised to be dual band 2.4Ghz and 900Mhz, but only shipped with 2.4Ghz enabled. The 5.8Ghz band is essential in urban areas for strong signal stability over long distances, as DJI has proven. We shall see.
Too bad they don't apply for a few chunks from the various ISM bands.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MountainDroneTN