Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Increased transmission switching to another type antenna, and adding booster

I don't drain the RC, so when I charge batteries, I usually will charge the RC a bit to keep it in the 80% charged range.

Did another test flight yesterday...rain was threatening, so hard to get in more than one flight. I used the Titan "rubber duck" antennas to fly the exact same route. WOW! Very, very impressed! Flew just as far as the 4 Hawks, with no video drop outs, or loss of signal. Antennas are less directional than the 4 Hawks, so less sensitive to how you hold the RC. Antenna were pointed completely vertical. Easily went out 2.6km, and like the 4 Hawks, could have kept going. I do believe that the 4 Hawks will produce longer range than these Antenna, but since they are less directional than the 4 hawks, I may be using these a lot more for general flying. You may be reading these distances and think, wow...thats nothing and not that far. You would be correct, but this is as far as I was comfortable flying. My long term plan is to go to the beach and do some long range flights directly out over the ocean to see the differences, but for my flying style this isn't a priority. Strength of signal reception is what I am interested in. Titan antennas are a win. Theses were NOT amped, since I don't have all the necessary cables yet. As Waldo Pepper said...this may be all I need to use. These are the same Antenna as in his posted picture above. Very, very impressed so far. I still can't believe the flight time on this drone. ;) From the bend in the Antenna, they measure 6.34", or 17.145cm tall.

They look like these, but can't tell if they are the exact ones. No marking on the Titan antennas at all. Amazon.com: HIGHFINE 2 x 2.4GHz 6dBi Indoor Omni-Directional WiFi Antenna 802.11n/b/g RP-SMA Female Connector + 2 x 20cm/8" U.FL/IPEX to RP-SMA Pigtail Antenna WiFi Cable: Computers & Accessories

Still taken from videovlcsnap-2020-06-28-11h09m56s523.jpg

Last edited:
Well i saw in a video that it was possible to connect a portable battery on one port and the other to the rc simultaneously. The reason being with a moded antenna, and three batteries coming with the rugged bundle, the only thing stopping for a long flight time would be the rc battery

You can't charge the RC via the full USB port I believe, is that what you are talking about?
Well you can charge the RC via that micro USB port and connect your mobile device via the full USB port if thats what you guys need!

Ender

P.S. also had a test run with 4Hawks SR, i like them :)
Got used SR for Yuneec for 65 Euros, needed a short Dremel-up and then it worked fine :)

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Well you can charge the RC via that micro USB port and connect your mobile device via the full USB port if thats what you guys need!

Ender

P.S. also had a test run with 4Hawks SR, i like them :)
Got used SR for Yuneec for 65 Euros, needed a short Dremel-up and then it worked fine :)

That’s great Elder,

You’ll definitely see a signal transmission improvement using 4Hawks SR over stock setup, both up close flights or long distance.

Since your controller is now setup for other antennas, you may want to consider getting the smaller whip antenna setup. These too give an increased transmission signal and are forgiving not so much directional wise. Quad808 attached a link above, very inexpensive yet effective. You will need to make a crossmember so antennas don’t flop over or sway while flying, probably the best bang for your buck increasing transmission signal for Evo 2.

Good luck,
PaulB6584F95-32BF-4EDD-92DD-2A78A18F859D.jpeg

Hi Waldo!
I do have a whole lot of "whip" ANtennas from 2dBi to 9 dBi here, so i'll make sure i put 2 of them in my bag :)

ALTHOUGH i may keep my FPVLR CP "bra style" Antennas and have yet to make a shootout between those and the 4Hawks SR.

Those CP ANtennas hab´ve a great 16 dBi in central direction but seem more forgiving if you are not spot on.

Takes some time & good weather to make sure where i will stay, the other(s) go straight to eBay.

The 4Hawks have the advantage that its really easy to make them AMped. Got some Amps identical to the ones Alientech use lying around here...

cya!

Ender

Used to use Amps with my 4 hawks on my X-Star. After a while the weal spot becomes the battery. Only so far you can go before you run out of battery power ;)
Found the 4 hawks antenna did all I needed it to do.

20170911_183843.jpg

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Used to use Amps with my 4 hawks on my X-Star. After a while the weal spot becomes the battery. Only so far you can go before you run out of battery power ;)
Found the 4 hawks antenna did all I needed it to do.

View attachment 7648
Thats what i am hoping for (or the FPVLR CP) as i hate to have more weight and one more device i forget to charge :)

Hi Waldo!
I do have a whole lot of "whip" ANtennas from 2dBi to 9 dBi here, so i'll make sure i put 2 of them in my bag :)

ALTHOUGH i may keep my FPVLR CP "bra style" Antennas and have yet to make a shootout between those and the 4Hawks SR.

Those CP ANtennas hab´ve a great 16 dBi in central direction but seem more forgiving if you are not spot on.

Takes some time & good weather to make sure where i will stay, the other(s) go straight to eBay.

The 4Hawks have the advantage that its really easy to make them AMped. Got some Amps identical to the ones Alientech use lying around here...

cya!

Ender
You’re set Ender,

Thats great you already have various whips to experiment with, same here have several including the 14” whips from Titian.

Adding amplifiers to your 4Hawks will definitely add a stronger transmission signal, I’m not familiar with 4Hawks amplified but I’m sure they are equal to Alientech Pro. When adding the Alientech Pro to my Evo 2 controller, this setup now transmits a stronger signal over my Mavic 2 Pro occusync 2.

Never did I imagine Evo 2 with Alientech Pro to outperform my Mavic 2 Pro Occusync 2, it does. I’m so impressed with Evo 2 controller setup with Alientech Pro setup, that’s all I fly now Evo 2 Pro.

Good luck,
Paul

Reactions: Ender
You’re set Ender,

Thats great you already have various whips to experiment with, same here have several including the 14” whips from Titian.

Adding amplifiers to your 4Hawks will definitely add a stronger transmission signal, I’m not familiar with 4Hawks amplified but I’m sure the are equal to Alientech Pro. When adding the Alientech Pro to my Evo 2 controller, this setup now transmits a stronger signal over my Mavic 2 Pro occusync 2.

Never did I imagine Evo 2 with Alientech Pro to outperform my Mavic 2 Pro Occusync 2, it does. I’m so impressed with Evo 2 controller setup with Alientech Pro setup, that’s all I fly now Evo 2 Pro.

Good luck,
Paul
Hi!
Actually i was oogling the AT Pro... How do they compare to non-amped 4Hawk SR ?
I like the compact build of the AT Pro and to be hinest the look :)

Greetings,

Ender

Hi!
Actually i was oogling the AT Pro... How do they compare to non-amped 4Hawk SR ?
I like the compact build of the AT Pro and to be hinest the look :)

Greetings,

Ender
Hello Elder,

I’ve yet to try a set of 4Hawk SR, but I’ve viewed many videos using this non-amplified setup. Many reasons I went with Alientech Pro with Evo 2 Controller, very small and lightweight. Everything is there, rechargeable batteries pop out from the battery door for charge. Cooling fan to keep amplifiers cool turns itself off after use, built in battery tester. Sharp looking, I seen a review somewhere the Alientech has more positive reviews over all others. Plus, Transmission signal is terrific.

Yes, I’ve tried the others and they are good. But the light weight and simplicity of Alientech Pro outweighs the others.

Good luck Elder?
Paul

Reactions: Quad808
I can totally agree with Paul on the alientech...its a great design. I had the 2.4 version but returned it, since I was trying it on the Anafi and it didn't fare too well. Now it makes me think I should have kept it. The Titan is good, but very bulky and must be used with a lanyard. The Alientech doesn't add much weight at all. Maybe I should start selling some of my unused tech and pick one up, based on Paul's recommendations. :D

I can totally agree with Paul on the alientech...its a great design. I had the 2.4 version but returned it, since I was trying it on the Anafi and it didn't fare too well. Now it makes me think I should have kept it. The Titan is good, but very bulky and must be used with a lanyard. The Alientech doesn't add much weight at all. Maybe I should start selling some of my unused tech and pick one up, based on Paul's recommendations. :D
Hello Quad808,

The Anafi controller is a tough one with improving transmission signal, it wasn’t the Alientech amplifiers fault the Anafi controller didn’t show better results. I’ve tried so many antenna mods with the Anafi controller, several different amplified setups all with poor results.

Last month, With Evo 2 Pro. Flew 6.1 miles out, elevation 137 feet. Had plenty of flight left could have probably gone out 8 plus miles due to signal strength with the Alientech Pro but turned back at 6.1 miles. I’m not into long distance flights anymore, but a window of opportunity arose with perfect flying conditions especially flying over farm land with no obstacles or inference.

The Alientech Pro is amazing, 137 feet elevation at that distance. Clear signal, clean video feed. I won’t fly that far again, I’m more for flying in areas with obstacles and inference. Mountain terrain, wooded oak trees thats where Alientech Pro enhances transmission signal.

Take care,
PaulBB1C96A7-F6AA-4188-8E55-2E0F5F13CEC1.jpegBB1C96A7-F6AA-4188-8E55-2E0F5F13CEC1.jpeg

wow. Just wow. Amazing distance and only 137' height. That is even more amazing. Well done Paul!

I finally got around to opening the Titan Atlas to see what amps are in there....may change them out, but I think these are pretty good as is.Titan Atlas Amps.jpg

Reactions: Ender
I finally got around to opening the Titan Atlas to see what amps are in there....may change them out, but I think these are pretty good as is.View attachment 7660

Hello Quad,

Thanks for sharing part of your amplifier equipment, your SunRC amplifiers are different than the ones with my Titan amplifier. SunRC are suppose to be good if memory serves me right, mine are not labeled and are different than yours.

Titan puts out top quality products, my only issue with them was the weight. With mine, When I modified the Mavic 2 controller tried different types of antenna setups, this Titan amplifier originally had preinstalled flat directional antennas. Thats all, could not use other antennas. So I drilled out two holes on top side corners, Then went with Titan 14” whip antennas after disconnecting the fiat panel directional antennas. This worked well, less forgiving but weight was still an issue. Later, because of the weight took everything off and put Mavic 2 controller back to stock.

When I purchased the Evo 2 Pro, transmission signal was fair to good but I knew it could be improved. I sure didn’t want to go back with heavy amplifier setups, was hesitant with getting the Alientech Pro at first, looked small and light so I figured it was to small to preform well. After research, Reading so many good reviews and taking with Lucas the Alientech dealer. Ordered the Alientech Pro, boy what an incredible experience on its first flight using this small amplifier setup.

I’m probably like you and many others, have so much equipment we’ll probably never use again.

Thanks again for sharing,
Paul
08906B52-7FBB-47E2-A87E-0BCEB01A3987.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: PingSpike

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials