Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Horizon tilt issue on EVO2, why can't Autel get this right?

parkgt

Reaction score
Since the EVO 1 was plagued by this issue, you would think that the last thing Autel would want to repeat is releasing another model with this same problem. Latest update hasn't solved this.

How many are going to buy a drone at these price with this problem knowing Autel's track record of solving this on the E1?

Since the EVO 1 was plagued by this issue, you would think that the last thing Autel would want to repeat is releasing another model with this same problem. Latest update hasn't solved this.

How many are going to buy a drone at these price with this problem knowing Autel's track record of solving this on the E1?
The XSP had it for a bit too so it was an issue long before the EVO 1.

Reactions: parkgt
And then the Gimbal can be adjusted. We need to chew you all the work.
Search a little .....
gimbal.JPG

10000 Evo that go out of chains will not all have the same setting. Consider yourself happy because with others, there are not all these settings

This video shows the horizon tilt issue very well. This is not something that a 3 axis gimbal should have. Hopefully Autel can address this quickly with a firmware update!

Starts about 6:18 into the video.

Reactions: soldino
This video shows the horizon tilt issue very well. This is not something that a 3 axis gimbal should have. Hopefully Autel can address this quickly with a firmware update!

Starts about 6:18 into the video.

You're correct at that point, but it corrects it immediately when the aircraft points to the return. Evo1 just is tilted all the time.

You're correct at that point, but it corrects it immediately when the aircraft points to the return. Evo1 just is tilted all the time.
[/Q.UOTE]

It shouldn't do it at all, it destroys cinematic transitions. Even cheap hand held gimbals do not have this issue.

Is this also an issue on the Pro camera? I haven't seen many reviews up to this point.

So a quick question or two , When was the Evo 1 released ? from day 1 has the evo 1 had a horizon tilt problem ? was "this a problem that Autel needs to fix" ? Has it been fixed yet on the Evo 1 ? If not are they going to fix it on the Evo ll ? Can they fix it ? if yes why have they not addressed ti on the evo 1 yet ?
Ok a few more than 2 questions :)
Randy

If I am not mistaken, the Evo was released in May, 2018.

It has had the tilt problem since day one.

The roll motor in the Evo's camera is just a piece of plastic inside the camera barrel that rotates right or left, so the gimbal isn't a real 3 axis gimbal. This in turn makes it harder for the drone to know what centered really is. Autel has tried, but were never able to completely fix it. I usually take off and level the camera myself or just fix it in post.

As for the Evo 2 goes, I believe that they should be able to have an easier time fixing this. How Autel wants to approach this problem, is anyone's guess.

Yes, that video was encouraging for the tilt issue. The image breakup at height and less than a mile in a rural area was strange.

And then the Gimbal can be adjusted. We need to chew you all the work.
Search a little .....
View attachment 6750

10000 Evo that go out of chains will not all have the same setting. Consider yourself happy because with others, there are not all these settings
A useless respons sorry to say, I think the sentence 'We need to chew you all the work' disrespectful. my tilt problem can be different in the same flight from ok to 1.5 percent difference depending where I am around the z axis. Ridiculous for a drone at this pricepoint.

A useless respons sorry to say, I think the sentence 'We need to chew you all the work' disrespectful. my tilt problem can be different in the same flight from ok to 1.5 percent difference depending where I am around the z axis. Ridiculous for a drone at this pricepoint.
Assume you have done the obligatory compass, imu, gimbal calibration preceded by any applicable fw/sw updates? During the winter cold months one of my E2s seemed to have more of a tilt issue and it seems to have cleared itself with the warmer temps. Waiting to see if the issue returns come fall/winter or not.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials