Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo with 1" camera

Autelguy

Reaction score
I sent an email to Autel with a lot of questions regarding stock on Evo and their batteries. Horizon tilt, rear sensor, flight distance and more.

Here is a summary of what they said:

Horizon Tilt:
The issue with the tilt on the horizon is not happening on every unit. The latest firmware has helped some of hose that have had the issue, but we are working on another firmware update which is to be expected with a new product release. I do not have a date as to when those issues will be fixed, or when another firmware update will be released. We are currently working on it.

1" Camera:
We are coming out with the 1" sensor which will be it's own EVO model. We do not have date as to when that will be released. I can only say soon.

4.3 Mile Flight Distance:
Again the issue is not wide across the board with all EVOs, it is with some. What has helped is basically uninstalling/reinstalling the app, toggling back and forth on Novice option, and updating the firmware.

Props in the shot:
I haven't noticed propellers in the shot. Only when the aircraft is moving at a high speed or during certain maneuvers you may see propellers, it really depends. The gimbal is always trying to level itself out at all times. Neutral density filters will help with propellers shadows. Unfortunately, I can't really say anything about the design since I just work in the customer service department. I certainly can put your questions or concerns to the design team.

Geo Fencing (Will it ever be implemented?):
We will not have geo-fencing. We have not had it on our previous models and we do not plan to have it on current or future models.

Who has the most stock on both Evo and Batteries?:
I do not have information as to which dealers will have the majority in stock, I believe we will be the ones who will most likely have the majority. It really depends on how much each dealer wants from us.

Problem with Rear Sensors (Updated):
That is a known issue, and a top priority. The drone should not allow for further flight as close as it's shown in the linked video you supplied. This, along with the horizon tilt issue should be resolved with the next firmware. I do not have a date for the release of that next firmware update. We will make an announcement once it's released.

What is curious is "New product release".

Are they waiting for DJI to show their cards before releasing a 1" camera version of the Evo?
Will it be called Evo ONE?
Will that new version have better firmware that can be applied to the Evo?

There are a lot of questions which is making me wonder if those thinking about purchasing an Evo should hold off a bit to see what's around the corner.

Last edited:
Reactions: HiloHawaiian
I heard today from a poster on another forum the rear sensor only works in novice mode. I cannot confirm this as being true. Perhaps someone with the EVO can test this out.

Hopefully a 1” model does come out soon. I had high hopes for the Evo, but returned it. Not a finished product and has a lot of issues. The iOS app isn’t even released! Found out 3d mapping isn’t a capability anymore like they were advertising like crazy originally. It’s a really shame. I hate to go DJI from the horror stories I’ve heard, but doesn’t look like I have any other option :(

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Hopefully a 1” model does come out soon. I had high hopes for the Evo, but returned it. Not a finished product and has a lot of issues. The iOS app isn’t even released! Found out 3d mapping isn’t a capability anymore like they were advertising like crazy originally. It’s a really shame. I hate to go DJI from the horror stories I’ve heard, but doesn’t look like I have any other option :(
I think that’s why some of us are at least open to the Parrot Anafi. While I really have no need for a new drone presently, my XSP’s fly well — the more I read about the Anafi, the more intrigued I am...

Interesting information and Autel is already talking about a NEW Product Release! Well, if that's the case and with all the problems I'm hearing about and reading in the reviews, I think I'll keep the CASH in my pocket, instead of fattening Autel's. Hopefully, by the time they get all the BUGS worked out and a new model out, they will also have an ample supply of batteries and spare parts as well.

Interesting information and Autel is already talking about a NEW Product Release! Well, if that's the case and with all the problems I'm hearing about and reading in the reviews, I think I'll keep the CASH in my pocket, instead of fattening Autel's. Hopefully, by the time they get all the BUGS worked out and a new model out, they will also have an ample supply of batteries and spare parts as well.
battery's are being sold,i bought one at Carolina drones
but if your waiting for the perfect drone you will forever be without a drone,
even dji has its quirks and considering how long they have been on the market id consider it more failed fixes than the Autel
yes i own 4 dji birds and the Autel
if your here to solely bash,thats cool,people can see thru it.

I heard today from a poster on another forum the rear sensor only works in novice mode. I cannot confirm this as being true. Perhaps someone with the EVO can test this out.
ill test n report back

Other than the iOS issue, it seems to be pretty bug-free from my perspective. The Android app is pretty smooth and stable.
The horizon tilt is basically a non-issue.

Other than the iOS issue, it seems to be pretty bug-free from my perspective. The Android app is pretty smooth and stable.
The horizon tilt is basically a non-issue.
you can get the beta,works well but no option for zoom options at the bottom screen,not sure if its in the thumbwheel
ive flown my Evo 14 times so far and did several yaw rotations with just a split second of horizontal tilt.,i have 2 mps and neither comes close in most areas

battery's are being sold,i bought one at Carolina drones
but if your waiting for the perfect drone you will forever be without a drone,
even dji has its quirks and considering how long they have been on the market id consider it more failed fixes than the Autel
yes i own 4 dji birds and the Autel
if your here to solely bash,thats cool,people can see thru it.

NO, I'm not waiting for the perfect drone! In todays world, there is nothing perfect. And I'm not trying to BASH anything. I too have 4 drones in the hanger right now, include my X Star. Autel makes a good product and I like the EVO. But, it seems Autel should have worked a little harder at perfecting the EVO. I mean they only have the Android App available and No Apple App out yet. Those Apps should have been ready to go on the roll out! After all they had more than 6 months to develop the App after they announced the EVO in Vegas!

NO, I'm not waiting for the perfect drone! In todays world, there is nothing perfect. And I'm not trying to BASH anything. I too have 4 drones in the hanger right now, include my X Star. Autel makes a good product and I like the EVO. But, it seems Autel should have worked a little harder at perfecting the EVO. I mean they only have the Android App available and No Apple App out yet. Those Apps should have been ready to go on the roll out! After all they had more than 6 months to develop the App after they announced the EVO in Vegas!
their waiting for apple to approve the app

They dropped the ball with Apple plain and simple!! No excuses and no they can't take the easy way out and say it's Apples fault!!

bravo no love lost nor useful info
I to think you (skimcoat) have a screw loose but hey I don't watch TV and your BS is entertaining so I will not block you just yet.
You have to love the newbies and there love for Autel.
Hope you feel the same way in 6 months when all the issues are not addressed :)

I to think you (skimcoat) have a screw loose but hey I don't watch TV and your BS is entertaining so I will not block you just yet.
You have to love the newbies and there love for Autel.
Hope you feel the same way in 6 months when all the issues are not addressed :)
i can only repeat myself
bravo no love lost nor useful info
besides ill still keep it regardless as its just pocket change,maybe thats why theres the hatin,too high a price for some so they bash it

What are you some little kid that needs attention? Start posting videos of your perfect EVO that has no problems as you have said many time on here or just get lost. We have seen your kind before, full of BS and nothing to support your claims other then I love Autel. Time to move on as your BS is getting real hard to take.

What are you some little kid that needs attention? Start posting videos of your perfect EVO that has no problems as you have said many time on here or just get lost. We have seen your kind before, full of BS and nothing to support your claims other then I love Autel. Time to move on as your BS is getting real hard to take.
they do have the ignore button for those that are too sensitive to debate.
i havent seen you offer anything of value,so say bye:rolleyes:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo