Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 2 tilt horizon again!

So glad I didn’t buy, same cheap rc antennas, tilted horizon and so on.
As far as regarding cheap antenna, you are right.
Tilted horizon.... only this guy (Adam Grumbo) , over all the EVO II videos in youtube, have tilted horizon... I have adviced him ...
this was his reply (jocking?):
"Just tilt your head a bit, problem solved. Yeah, I'm going to have to see about getting that recalibrated"

As far as regarding cheap antenna, you are right.
Tilted horizon.... only this guy (Adam Grumbo) , over all the EVO II videos in youtube, have tilted horizon... I have adviced him ...
this was his reply (jocking?):
"Just tilt your head a bit, problem solved. Yeah, I'm going to have to see about getting that recalibrated"
The guy says also the reception is really bad ....he lives in area where lots wifi and cannot get out of neighborhood without losing signal...wow...9km range....the problem with signal is that in city you need 5.8ghz and country 2.4ghz if you want to do range and evo 2 and 1 doesn’t have 5.8ghz for the city.

The 2.4Ghz is the frequency required for long range. 2.4Ghz can travel farther than the 5.8Ghz. I have another drone that uses both and switches between 2.4 and 5.8 as needed. The farther you travel, you will see that it will switch to 2.4 and stay there.

So glad I didn’t buy, same cheap rc antennas, tilted horizon and weak signal in the city!

Yes, Autel has lost its damn mind!

The Evo one has tilted horizon till this day, even with upgraded software and firmware. So what they decided to do was to releases a 2nd version of their drone with the same issue??? This is completely baffling to me!

Then they give you the same exact controller as the 1st, but apparently the antennas are still flimsy and you still can not edit the buttons on the back? And then the buttons on the back are in the same position that Evo one users complained about as they are easy to accidentally press?

Why the hell is this drone $1,500? Not much R&D went into it as it's just a Mavic 2 clone. They didn't fix any of the issues users were having with the 1st one. 8k is basically useless as of right now as it does not look better than the Evo one at 4k, 60fps. Flight time is longer, but that's only due to making the drone bigger, therefore fitting in a bigger battery. That's not innovation. Any company can make their device bigger and therefore put a bigger battery in it. And what's the sound profile like when flying it? Is it quieter than the Mavic 2 series as it should be, or not?

Autel Robotics as a company has been around way too long to be putting out subpar crap like this and charging a premium like they are DJI. If this drone was $1,100-$1,200, then this would be a decent deal putting them in competition with their 1st Evo and undercutting the Mavic 2 series, as it does not compare to that.

Once the novelty of a "new drone" wears off, people will see how mediocre of a drone this is and that it does not command the price it is asking for.

If you are that so unimpressed with the new drone, that is fine. You don't need to buy it, but don't come here and start spreading negativity.

Are you serious? That's my opinion and it is what it is. Your statement alludes to this site only wanting positive things to be said about Autel. If this is a bias site in favor of Autel, please let me know.

Basically what he means is this.
"This community is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community."

Now we all get frustrated from time to time and want to rant & vent but lets try and keep it to a minimum
Thanks

I never did have a problem with horizon tilt on my Evo I. It had it when I first bought it but after the initial firmware update it wasn't an issue
Same with mine, no problems after the first update. It does what I expected and so I have had no inclination of doing further updates to the new APP or firmware. ?

you guys are all LIARS!! My DJI shill buddies told me so! FAKE VIDEOS corrected in POST. You all know its true.
Stop saying nice things about your purchase. jeez.... o_O

In this video horizon level of EVO II is very well too!
wow. Rock solid hover. Of course there was no wind, but still. I wonder if he did a compass cal...
He is very gentle on the sticks, so he has been flying a while. Although he did throw the drone...dang. The Autel drones are "twitchy" and always have been, got to tone it down. *LOL* "8k. Guys, no I am not recording in 8K, I really don't care."

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghost183