Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Gimbal problems

SlickR

Reaction score
Hello

Just updated firmaware and app and I seem to get the same problem each time I start up

The gimbal moves around and then settles as normal, the app shows the start up process and says the gimbal is self checking but once done, there is no movement or mechanics at all powering the gimbal.

I turn it off and on a few times which has corrected it but generally each time I strat up this happens.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Had a similar problem with my Lite+ yesterday: Firmware update fails at 64% and gimbal won't work again.

It died after a firmware update, it transmitted video but didn't move at all. Restarting didn't solve it, and firmware update always failed at 64%. The drone never flew, and was right out of the box; the gimball moved correctly at the begining but then the update failed and it "died", then the update kept failing every time at 64%.

Had a similar problem with my Lite+ yesterday: Firmware update fails at 64% and gimbal won't work again.

It died after a firmware update, it transmitted video but didn't move at all. Restarting didn't solve it, and firmware update always failed at 64%. The drone never flew, and was right out of the box; the gimball moved correctly at the begining but then the update failed and it "died", then the update kept failing every time at 64%.
So what do you do now? Can you get in touch with Autel direct? Doesn't sound good

So what do you do now? Can you get in touch with Autel direct? Doesn't sound good

The drone was new, so I just used the warranty and returned it, have another unit in transit, if it also fails I'll contact Autel because it may be a firmware problem instead of a hardware malfunction.

The main problem I see is that, as far as I know, you can't rollback to a previous stable firmware and there's no other way to install it apart from the Autel Sky app. For example, in DJI you can connect the drone to the computer and update the drone/calibrate the sensors with DJI Assistant, but I found nothing on the download section of Autel's site apart from the manual.

So if I install the update and it bricks the gimball or any other part... what can I do from a consumer side? Nothing, and that's a huge problem. We are not idiots, we've been dealing with driver updates since the first computers arrived to the market, we need to be capable of solving any software issue without sending the drone back to the technical assistance.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supa_jb